“Mira Mira Kashmira ! Persian Palace ti aspetta :-)” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Persian Palace Houseboats
Ranked #154 of 544 Speciality Lodging in Srinagar
New Delhi, India
“Mira Mira Kashmira ! Persian Palace ti aspetta :-)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

Dear friends, at Persian Palace houseboat you'll really feel to be at home. The activity for the family is mostly a question of love since they run this houseboat since generations, in a greatful atmosphere, and they will be very onest and acute in understanding your needs, providing you the best in terms of excursions, services etc..
The location close to nehru park is really good, especially 'cause it is near to the floating market and gardens (with wonderful lotus!!). The rooms are in a very good condition and exceptionally clean.
Trust me,
their hospitality is a sincere friendship that you'll conserve in your memory for an endless time.
Best wishes for your trip !
Giovanni, Italy

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Korean first
Uppsala, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2011

Me and my girlfriend started our 4 months trip in Delhi and went up to Kashmir by chance, we where a little worried on the plane because we didn't know what to expect. But when we came up there we saw the most amazing place. A blank mirror lake river with a lot of birds flying in the sky, colorful boats and a big mountain. Such an amazing landscape, it's unbelievable. And the kashmiri people are very nice and friendly. Our boat was amazing and the family was so good! The kashmiri food is one of the best food types in India and if you go to Kashmir you will go back again! We also did a trecking in the Himalayas which was hard but I am so happy we did it. Great memories from Kashmir! We stayed 17 days in total in Kashmir and it wasn't enough!// Nicklas from Sweden!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nicklasnorling
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2011

a lot of people have come to india but only a few travelled up to kashmir and that's a shame. i have never seen such a peaceful place and i have never seen so many stars at once in the night...
i had the pleasure to stay in persian palace for 10 days. the stay was definitely quality!!!!the houseboats are clean, hot water is available (not thecase everywhere!!!!) and i was taken very good care of by the family running the houseboat.
if you have the time and the money of course i really recommend the treck in the himalayan mountains which is just AMAZING! with no doubts i'm going back in december to enjoy once again the beauty of the place and the comfort of persian palace!!!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Aalborg, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2011

I was not suppose to go to Kashmir (Srinagar), but by chance i ended up there anyway. And now I am so happy that i did. For 10 days I stayed on "Persian Palace Houseboat" in Dal Lake (Srinagar).
On the houseboat I had a spacious room with a double bed (plus a single bed), table and chair and my own bathroom/toilet (european). Here I was being taken care of, by the lokal family of five, who live next to the boat and are in charge of the boat. They cooked my meals(delicious), took care of every need I had, and helped me plan my time in Kashmir (sightseeing, trecking and so on.).

Among other things I went sightseeing, trecking and watertrecking. All things I will recommend to anyone, who is comming to Kashmir. There are so many things to see, so many things to do, and so many people to meet .I.E the many family-based productions of genuine carpets, pashmina, paper mache, and fine jewellery (which are only fund in Kashmir).
When I came I didnt know much about Kashmir - Now I know for sure that I want to come back some day.

I will recommend this houseboat, and going to Kashmir to everybody. Eventhough I was sceptical in the beginning (especially because of the areas former reputation), I can now say, that all scepticism has been put to rest. The nature is some of the most beautiful I have ever seen. The locals are friendly and welcomming. There is lots to see and lots to do. Kashmir is definitely worth a visit. And if you go, remember to stay on a houseboat!

- "The Happy Traveller", Denmark

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank kashmir11
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2010

theres three types of accomodation this kashmiri family provides: theres the big houseboat persian palace which houses like 8 ppl or an extended indian family, then theres the young persian palace houseboat for 2 couples and then theres the homestay-style rooms in the families house between the boats. both boats got new bathrooms which are good by european standards, brand new and clean. the mom and the three daughters speak some english, enough to help you our with what you need and cook excellent indian food and were even willing to cook seperate for me and my son who cant tolerate spices like indians do. the families son did his best to show us around, tried teaching us how to paddle the local boat shikara (still cant go straight, but was fun), showed us a place where we could swim, found the swimming barbeque boat (spicy!) and organized a relaxing (me)/adventurous (son) and beautiful trekking trip. the himalaya is so worth going. there was no violence (but as always strong military presence) when i was there but check the news.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family