“Best possible view of Dal Lake, nice stay at affordable prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Duke

and 1 more site!
Hotel Duke
Ranked #147 of 328 Srinagar B&B and Inns
gurgaon
“Best possible view of Dal Lake, nice stay at affordable prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

It was one of those hotels which provides you with best Dal lake view along with a nice spacious tidy room. It has almost all the basic amenities like 24*7 running hot water, tv with cable connection, bath tub, etc. Breakfast is tasty, but has limited options - repeated every alternate day.

It is close to Lal Chowk - the main market of Srinagar, close to Taxi Stand- from where you can plan your whole kashmir trip. And in worst case if you don't like the hotel, plenty of other options available next to it.

The best part is as we checked out the hotel was closed for 1 month for renovation. Waiting to go to Hotel Duke in my next visit to Srinagar

Room Tip: Choose the room with lake view
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank agarwalsaurabh81
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

the hotel duke is a nice place to stay.it has a very good location and a very good view of dal lake from the hotel balcony.The services provided was excellent.The hotel staff is well mannered and greeted us wonderfully.the rooms are provided at very reasonable rates.the cleanliness is excellent in the hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank abhishek9
Rajasthan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

"Pathetic And Ubareable Services Given by Make My Trip and Their Commitments Failed,"

- When we reached Srinagar we were given Xylo Taxi for all 7 days ,but we were committed for Innova car,the first difference starts there.When i had asked and paid for innova why did i got Xylo.(However the Driver was courteous)

I had to just co-ordinate between Make my trip and that agent. what is it yaar i was not there to call those people and that agent to co ordinate and fight for my services.After so much hassles it was solved.I was there to enjoy,not to waste my time coordinating for my group.i paid extra to Make my trip just because i wanted to be rest assured for my services but my most of the time was just wasted fighting.I didnt paid so much to just get Harrased.

- After reaching back to Srinagar we were so tired and we entered our hotel Duke,we all were so Frustated and amazed to see that there was no power in the hotel.And they didnt had any alternative arrangement for the same to run there fans in such a hot weather,as it was more that 32 degrees.And to add more there were so many flies in the room without a fan running Un hygenic,PATHETIC and INHUMAN CONDITIONS.These are the bare minimum services which even a budged hotel provides.How to rest in the hotel??It was an question to our mind.

Adding to it Bathrooms were pathetic and in such a bad condtion,i cant even tell you.Flush was not working ,it was stinking, water was leaking.I can't even imagine the scene again.We just had to pass our time anyhow.As we had already paid for that.Moreover TV channels were not working not even 1 channel was clear to be watched.

Worse was to come,when we were taking our breakfast, to our wonders by chance we noticed that they are giving us Food with Fungus over it.We were with two little kids and we didnt knew that we just had food with that fungus.That is why one of the kids had stomach ache and vomitting that day.Such an inhuman conditions.If i had to pay for that hotel i would not have paid even a single penny for that.Where i wasted my whole 2 days.I was being told by make my trip representatives that all the hotels are being first checked by make my trip before recommending,is that what your company see and check? Was really fed up with the services provided,with such a big company.

Room Tip: pls dont book any room here
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
13 Thank siddharthbihani

Travellers are raving about these Srinagar hotels

Jaipur, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

The services provided to me were not up to the mark and scale of such a renowned company that too Make My Trip.(A NYSE listed company i suppose).I was so disheartened and surprised to see that.
From starting i had many problems and issues in my trip.It was such an harrasing thing for me.
To start with:-

- When we reached at the houseboat, there were 3 rooms in the houseboat ,i had requested for such a small thing that we were two families and and wanted those 2 two rooms nearby.The room was not occupied till then but the owner was so rude to us and didnt alloted the same and alloted it to some body else.He simply told me that he doesn't care as there are many others to take the room and i can leave from the house boat if i want and arrange ourself what ever we want.He told me that the other person had booked it directly from them a month back and i had arranged through an agent so thats a difference of preference. What is it ? i was really SURPRISED..!!.?

- When we went to Pahalgam,tour to Chandanwadi,Aruvalley and beetab valley were in my itenary and was to be provided and paid by you,but the local agent there told me that it was not included and i had to personally pay for it.I had to just co-ordinate between Make my trip and that agent. what is it yaar i was not there to call you people and that agent to co ordinate and fight for my services.After so much hassles it was solved.I was there to enjoy,not to waste my time coordinating for my group.Why so much confusion?..i paid extra to make my trip just because i wanted to be rest assured for my services but my most of the time was just wasted fighting.I didnt paid so much to just get harrased.

Now adding more to that again i had to fight for my services which i had paid for,i had paid for one extra bed but there were saying that its not included.Again an harrasing thing for me as just had to waste time there coordinating between your agent and you for that.Even for my breakfast i had to fight as according to them it was included but i had paid for that.After so much tussle it was solved.

Worse was to come,when we were taking our breakfast, to our wonders by chance we noticed that they are giving us food with fungus over it.Bread was with fungus.We were with two little kids and we didnt knew that we just had food with that fungus.That is why one of the kids had stomach ache and vomitting that day.Such an inhuman conditions.If i had to pay for that hotel i would not have paid even a single penny for that.Where i wasted my whole 2 days.I was being told by our representatives that all the hotels are being first checked by make my trip before recommending,is that what your company see and check? Was really fed up with the services provided,with such a big company.

Room Tip: please dont ever go to Duke hotel,they also provide food with fungus and lot more inhuman things
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank siddb24
delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2011

it is a good hotel with wonderful location on the banks of Dal lake i,e boulevard road which is the ideal location for tourists.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business