“Jai Mata Di”

Vaishno Devi Mandir
Ranked #1 of 40 things to do in Jammu City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Vaishno Devi, also known as Mata Rani, Trikuta and Vaishnavi, is a manifestation of the Hindu Mother Goddess of MahaKali, MahaSaraswati and MahaLakshmi.
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Its a holy pilgrimage for Hindus in Jammu and Kashmir, India. People have lot of faith in Maa vaishno Devi. I would highly recommend it to visit once atleast to aquire inner peace. Bhawan is at a 14 km climb on the mountain.

10  Thank ShobhitKumar

Reviewed 17 December 2011

Lastly i visited Shiv khori
‘Shiva' means ‘auspicious' - is one of the Hindu god which makes the supreme Trinity, comprising of Brahma, the creator, Vishnu, the Preserver and Shiva or Mahesh, the Destroyer and Re-Producer of life. Lord Shiva is the destroyer of the world, which is responsible for the change.

Lord Shiva is worshipped in many forms. He is conceived in his unborn and invisible form as lingum. The "Shiv-Lingum" symbolizes the power behind the creation. It is believed that at the end of all creation, during the great deluge, all of the different aspects of God find a resting place in the Lingam.

Famous cave shrine of "Shivkhori" situated in District Reasi of J&K state depicts the natural formation of shivlingum. It is one of the most venerated cave shrines of Lord Shiva in the region. The Holy cave is more than 150 mts long & houses 4 feet high Svayambhu Lingum, which constantly baths in a milky lime fluid dripping from the ceiling. The cave is full of natural impression & images of various Hindu Deities & full of divine feelings. That is why Shivkhori is known as "Home of Gods". The route from Jammu to Shiv Khori is full of beautiful & picturesque mountains, waterfalls & lakes.
Enriched with all facialities.
Good roads , secure and safe .
Two way one from Jammu and one from Katra.
All about 100 kms.
As sprituals as Baba Amarnath.
Jai Shiv.

14  Thank Gulshankumar L
Reviewed 14 December 2011

Me, my dad , 2 sisters , mother in law and my 8 month old baby were destined to travel to Vaishnodevi through helicopter,But as fate would have it , due to fog , we were not able to travel on the first day ie 28th august. so my hubby and 2 sisters walked the entire hill over and got their darshan on time. 2nd day we tried again for helicopter and as per matas wish, my dad, my aunt , me n my baby got in the helicopter for the first time and lo behold , when the helicopter took off we all screamed jai mata di as it was her wish that we go and visit her, and i had tears in my eyes due to happiness. we reached bhavan in less than 2 minutes which other wise takes 6-7 hours one way. We had to walk 3 and a half kms again from the helipad to the bhavan and we reached there in 1 hour..my aunt and dad and me carrying the baby were finding it a bit tough..but thanks to mata , as we were travelling by helicopter , we got the vip darshan so didnt have to stand in queue much. wen we entered the cave, there was rains, it was as if mata purified us before entering our sanctum. we got her darshan on time and we started our return journey back to the helipad. but sheer bad luck due to fog the flight didnt take off and our 3and half kms walk backwards was a waste. my dad and aunt were heart patients so was worried whether they could walk down,but they say if mata has called she will make arrangements. with sheer will and gods blessings , we all 4 started our walk down and within 3-4 hours we reached down and all were well.. Thanks to mata rani ki kripa...jai Mata di....

13  Thank rooparaj
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Decided to visit Vaishnodevi after my colleagues talked so much about it. Being a catholic with a deep respect for all religions I decided to make the trip last weekend. I could write a few pages on my experience, however will try to keep short. It was indeed uplifting for the soul. The sheer energy of the yatris was felt every step of the way. A real gathering of humanity...all castes, creeds, colours, shapes, sizes, old, young, rich, poor, able bodied, disabled bodied were all one for the journey. I wish this country could learn to live with each other in this way. Started my yatra 4.30pm Sat and returned 6am Sun. 2hrs was spent at Bhawan for darshan and queues etc. Mata Vaishnodevi Shrine Board should be congratulated for their efforts in providing impeccable facilities for the pilgrims. Plenty of food, water, places to rest all along the track. The only negative I found was the Pony Wallas were taking advantage of people who were tired and could not continue to walk half way through the journey. Quoting Rs1200 for a 3km journey when the recommended rate for the entire yatra is less than Rs500. There did not seem to be any official who could have intervened. I went barefoot at the darshan and my toes turned blue. I could not understand how so many yatris walk the entire 27km barefoot! It has to be the call of the divine Mata. I felt priviledged and fortunate to have been able to visit and complete the journey on foot. Will remember the experience...and some of the pain I am still experiencing for the rest of my life. JAI MATA DI..

12  Thank gerardlee
Reviewed 12 November 2011

we visited maa vaishnodevi temple in november first week. we completed the yatra solely by walking. there are horses and palanquins options available. we collected yatra parchi priorly through online booking. we used sticks. one can also go by steps, but, it may prove harmful to knees. it took us 5 hours to climb and 5 hours to come down. darshan system is very good and we got darshan in 40 mins. we started climbing at 10 am and came back at 10 pm. the shrine board has provided ample toilet, relaxing, snacks facilities through the journey. helicopter option is also available.

9  Thank vdask