“Decent hotel close to the temple”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Mountain Trail Manali
Ranked #3 of 324 Manali B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 October 2016

Pros:
1) The location is both good and bad. It is good to visit the Hadimba temple, It is only a 5 min walk to the temple.
2) The place is very quiet at night and the view is good from some of the rooms.
3) Staff and front desk was very courteous and helpful.
4) Rooms are very spacious and was very clean.

Cons:
1) The bad part of location is that it is far away from Old Manali and Mall road and it is not easy to find transportation around the hotel.
2) The bathroom was not to an acceptable level of cleanliness. There was a permanent stench of urine and many questionable stains.

Room Tip: Pick the rooms with the valley view (ones opposite to the stairs)
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for one night in September before meeting up with my tour. I got in super early and the front desk were super accommodative. They gave me a room right away....I didn't like it so they switched it. I had breakfast here which was decent and then took they taxi tour which was good. Pretty much just a car and Driver for the day. The location is awesome...super close to hidimba temple...the rooms are decent...the views are good...the service is awesome...home spun and sincere.....BUT....the walls are paper thin....I could hear everything happening in all adjacent rooms...the balconies are not all private. There was a group of men next door smoking and drinking and partying till the wee hours of the morning, which is their prerogative...but regardless I was disturbed and felt uncomfortable and not at all private. The garden is great but all rooms overlook it so again...no sense of privacy at all. I guess it's not the management's fault....but it's tough to feel like you're on a get-away.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 September 2016

I have been In Manali So many times But This Is The first time I got such Nice Place to stay . very Nice Location Of Hotel. Rooms Are really specious , Even some of Class hotels In Manali Do Not Have this Much Huge space .. Gentle administration . Mr. Anil Sharma is very co-operative. Food Quality Was Great .. Thanks To Mr. Sunny And his Company INDIA BOOKINGS To provide us such a Nice place to stay .

Room Tip: Premium Rooms are great
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
manalimtm, Owner at Hotel Mountain Trail Manali, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2016

Dear guest,
thanks a lot for taking time and writing on TripAdvisor , we are happy to know that you likes out hotel and services , we hope to see you again
anil sharma manali

Reviewed 19 September 2016

The hotel has a great location in a quiet part of the town. Looking out of the window you get a clear view of the hillside across the valley. Very close to the Hadimba temple. Rooms are nice and spacious. Quite comfortable. However, didn't have a great experience with the staff.
My dinner order got mixed up and the staff put the entire blame on me and I had to pay the bill for items I had not ordered. While I got checked in smoothly, there was confusion about the booking of another group that had arrived at the same time and here again, rather than being apologetic, the staff kept finding excuses for the misunderstanding. I asked if it would be possible to get trout for dinner and was told it would not be possible. Then I asked if they could get mushrooms, but the staff said that too would not be possible. These were all dishes on the menu, but not available.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo

Dear Guest.
Thanks a lot for taking your valuable time and writing on TripAdvisor.
we are happy to know that you have liked our hotel / rooms/and the view.
Mam , as per my talk with my staff and checked that they have got the clear information for your booking and the room was allotted to you without any delayed. like few other rooms was there for the other group ,that there was instruction from mr Lote for one day earlier and this was sorted out in 2 mints after talk with him.
2. as my staff told me that you all people were sitting in the dining and order for lunch in which there was no problem, later you order the dinner and staff noted as per the instruction given by you and the noted accordingly .while they served no body told about the items served by us in dinner are not your order but later after settling the bill it came to notice for that we are really sorry.
3. and in our menu card we have clear instruction for trout fish can be provided subject to availability, as trout fish farm is 20 km from manali and they bring as per order as it is non durable item.
4 Same thing was with mushroom as due to rainy season these tings need time.cant store for long time,
Mam we try to serve fresh and hygienic food . but i am really sorry and apology that with very short time period we can,t serve these things. will try to do our best in near future

anil sharma manali

Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

Good place with excellent views from rooms located at the top of the hill.food is good with good service have restaurant too for dining experience me and my wife loved the views and food good time to visit August to December ice is at the peak in December for sports activities and adventure like paragliding etc

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear guest.
we are really happy to know that you loved our hotel. location and the food.
we are happy and thankful to you for sparing your valuable time and writing on TripAdvisor
it helps us a lot and courage us to the best for our guest
anil sharma