“Below average”

Ranked #208 of 283 Manali B&B and Inns
Hyderabad, India
“Below average”
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I would like to highlight the bad experiences I had during my stay at the hotel

As someone commented, there was problem with water heater.I had to wait a lot of time to get hot water.

The worst thing was the behavior of the receptionist.He was a 50-55 year old man.His service and behaviour was not pleasing.Once I locked my room keeping the key inside.When I asked him for the duplicate key, he stared at me and kept murmuring for some time in his regional language.This is not expected from the staff of a resort like this.
Another incident was that he charged Rs 10(service charge) for serving breakfast in the room.

When they understood that I had no idea about the sites of Manali,they cut down a few sites,which had already been included in the package plan, and took me to the places nearer to the resort as per their convenience.

The location is not so good and is not suitable for a family stay.

Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank manoj12T
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Indore, India
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I planned the Manali trip with my wife, cousin and his wife. We had booked for 3 days and 4 nights in Flamingo resort along with the travel package to roam around.
We reached Manali at around 6 am in the morning and requested for early check-in. By 8 am, we got our bedrooms. First day, we decided to roam in the town itself. We visited the local market in the evening. Next morning, we left for Rohtang pass visit. It was really an awesome experience there. On our third day, we visited manikaran. All of us liked this place very much.
The facilities of the hotel was upto our expectations. The room service was also satisfactory. Overall, it was average experience in this hotel.

Room Tip: all rooms are ok
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jnrobin
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 9 May 2011

I went to Manali and stayed in Flamingo resort on my 5th Marriage Anniversary. I took a package from travel agent.
Bad / Cons
==========

=> Water problem: During my 3 nights/ 4 days stay there was always water problem in morning due to which we all used to get ready late. As this is a low budget hotel, all rooms will be booked and they have small water storage tanks. If asked they will say someone has left the tap open in the night…. :-)

=> Water Heater: I don’t know which heater they have fitted, they take atleast 1hr to heat the water. If asked for this to manager, he will tell that the weather is cool so it takes more time. When I visited it was around 14 to 19 degree C. I dont think good heater will take so much time.
=> No ward robles in Luxyry room
=>No Lift
=>Manager is lethargic: Manager Manoj Sharma is very lethargic. He will not tell the plan and activities of the package. As we had taken package which had sightseeing on sharing bases, as a manager he should tell the couples who are all going for sightseeing on what time the cab will come and at what time all should start.

Good / Pros
=========
=> Budget hotel
=> Staff is very nice
=> Food is ok

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank Nazhcl

Travellers are raving about these Manali hotels

Hyderabad
Reviewed 7 January 2011

This hotel is located on a hill top from Manali main road, reaching this hotel from the road side should go by a vehicle, you will get autos for that.
Staff is very polite and rooms are neat and clean, has ample space for storing the clothes and good for a family of 3(2 Adults+ 1child). The day we entered into the hotel, we had been served breakfast and then we just stayed back in hotel with some local shopping, the shopping place is around 3 kms from this hotel, you have to take a vehicle to go there and it goes from your pocket(Rs.50).
The next day we went to Rotang pass and the next day we went to Manikaran.
They have mentioned that to Rotang and Manikaran we have to go by sharing of 2 couples, but they gave a qualis with 4 couples which is very hectic to get in and very counjusted, you have to talk with them before making your bookings.
Rest all if fine with this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank VinodhHyd
Jaipur, India
Reviewed 14 October 2010

Flamingo Resort, as their staff claim, is really budget in terms of money and luxurious in terms of room quality. Their room are very specious and comfortable. This is 2.5 KM far from main market, only suggested to visitors who have their own vehicle. Their honeymoon arrangements were excellent. The room service was delayed.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
7 Thank udaypratap37
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manali
3.4 km away
5.5 km away
Hotel Prini Palace
Hotel Prini Palace
#1 of 23 in Prini

Been to Flamingo Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK