“Excellent Preparation- Delicious Food”
Review of Sweet Obession

Sweet Obession
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 10
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Sweet Obsession is famous for cakes, pastries, shakes and pies. However we were pleasantly surprised when we experienced their restaurant.

Apart from Tea, Coffee and mocktail variety, they serve Italian, Thai and Maxican extravaganza ( in terms of taste)

Menu is not too elaborate but sufficient to provide variety. It’s a small seating which can accommodate 10-12 guests but 5-6 are ideal

Typical English style. We ordered Green Thai curry and Thin Crust pizza. Curry was steamy hot. Flavours were suttle and vegetables were fresh. They served it with rice. Service was super quick

Thin crust pizza was marvellously baked, crisp, hot and loaded with generous toppings.

Last was ice cream. One of the finest ice cream I ever had.

It’s priced like specialty restaurant ( over Rs. 1100 bill for above) but fine service and excellent taste do justice to the charges. Yash Thapa served with patience and politeness

1  Thank CuteGlobertrotter

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Visited few months back great find looked through TripAdvisor to find it and I'm glad that I did. I'm sure I'll visit again when I'm in India

1  Thank Shally G
Reviewed 4 June 2017

A second visit on a niece's birthday who is otherwise not really obssessed with sweets! Hence I sweetly agreed. Its on a first floor (ground floor is like a takeaway) in a shopping complex - limited seating, nice ambience. Desserts are of course special including death by chocolate and peanut butter based! Good Mexican and Italian fare.

Reviewed 31 March 2017

This review has been pending for a while and mostly 'coz of the fact that I just couldn't muster enough time to pen down my stories with Sweet Obsession that have been there for a long long time.
From the times .. when it was more of just a confectionery shops and there were not many places around .. Sweet Obsessions shone far too well -
If you have heard the "aaja piya" remix .. you would want to sing the following in that tune :P

when the birthdays were more and the cakes were less
you gave us courage to order on
you gave us hope and that all would be fine
that stayed all through the time :)

Then the competition rose and things just went back to the regulars .. the business got divided as every other day one other confectionery shop was getting up and running .. and yes a few of them absolutely wonderful as well.

And then the idea of having a small cafe was introduced with a well carved out menu.
Right from the fried items - onion rings, croquettes to the salads, the sandwiches to pizza, from fish & chips to Italian pork pepperoni, burritos to chimichanga to even fondue :) .. yeah everything is done out perfectly well.

So, went for lunch the other day .. and tried out a *sample menu (so the pics might not reflect the correct portions) *to fit in our smaller portion requirements

Started with the fried items - onions rings and veg croquettes .. fried yes but good :)
Then the thing that is still tantalizing my taste buds - chicken Caesar salad .. oh my word that was one of the best I would have had .. with the sun dried tomatoes to provide that extra zing .. it was the best meal I could have asked for.
The salad was so good .. that I promise to go back just to have that salad in next 10 days :) ..
And that strawberry smoothie was out of this world as well, use fat free yogurt .. and I am a happy man :)
Then I wanted to taste a pizza (veg) with pineapples on it as well (yes yes yes I like pineapples on pizza :P), a thin crust Mexican veg .. yeah the crust could have been a bit crispier but overall it was good.
There was also an Alfredo penne with mixed veggies - not a lover of white sauce pasta but my company said it was quite nice and to be honest I too felt so :P

I insisted on staying for a while more to look in their confectionery counter as it was looking absolutely lovely. Right from the ice creams to the cakes .. it was all too drool worthy.
Also, loved the figures made from the fondant, looked cute .. doubt if kids would eat them :P

All in all, loved their cafe and the food coming out of it.
Have always recommended them for cakes and pastries .. now as a cafe .. 100%

Given I have special place for good cafes, someone has said it right -
"I don't want to be famous. I like to be able to sit in a cafe and watch the world go by and observe people."

3  Thank WASIL K
Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

I have visited sweet obsession practically every week with friends for their best and heaviest product Belgium Chocolate Shake.
Although seating could be better, the place is quite lovely and compact.
Suggestion - need to open more stores.