“now a cafe which is awesome”
Review of Sweet Obession

Sweet Obession
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 10
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 31 March 2017

This review has been pending for a while and mostly 'coz of the fact that I just couldn't muster enough time to pen down my stories with Sweet Obsession that have been there for a long long time.
From the times .. when it was more of just a confectionery shops and there were not many places around .. Sweet Obsessions shone far too well -
If you have heard the "aaja piya" remix .. you would want to sing the following in that tune :P

when the birthdays were more and the cakes were less
you gave us courage to order on
you gave us hope and that all would be fine
that stayed all through the time :)

Then the competition rose and things just went back to the regulars .. the business got divided as every other day one other confectionery shop was getting up and running .. and yes a few of them absolutely wonderful as well.

And then the idea of having a small cafe was introduced with a well carved out menu.
Right from the fried items - onion rings, croquettes to the salads, the sandwiches to pizza, from fish & chips to Italian pork pepperoni, burritos to chimichanga to even fondue :) .. yeah everything is done out perfectly well.

So, went for lunch the other day .. and tried out a *sample menu (so the pics might not reflect the correct portions) *to fit in our smaller portion requirements

Started with the fried items - onions rings and veg croquettes .. fried yes but good :)
Then the thing that is still tantalizing my taste buds - chicken Caesar salad .. oh my word that was one of the best I would have had .. with the sun dried tomatoes to provide that extra zing .. it was the best meal I could have asked for.
The salad was so good .. that I promise to go back just to have that salad in next 10 days :) ..
And that strawberry smoothie was out of this world as well, use fat free yogurt .. and I am a happy man :)
Then I wanted to taste a pizza (veg) with pineapples on it as well (yes yes yes I like pineapples on pizza :P), a thin crust Mexican veg .. yeah the crust could have been a bit crispier but overall it was good.
There was also an Alfredo penne with mixed veggies - not a lover of white sauce pasta but my company said it was quite nice and to be honest I too felt so :P

I insisted on staying for a while more to look in their confectionery counter as it was looking absolutely lovely. Right from the ice creams to the cakes .. it was all too drool worthy.
Also, loved the figures made from the fondant, looked cute .. doubt if kids would eat them :P

All in all, loved their cafe and the food coming out of it.
Have always recommended them for cakes and pastries .. now as a cafe .. 100%

Given I have special place for good cafes, someone has said it right -
"I don't want to be famous. I like to be able to sit in a cafe and watch the world go by and observe people."

3  Thank WASIL K

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

I have visited sweet obsession practically every week with friends for their best and heaviest product Belgium Chocolate Shake.
Although seating could be better, the place is quite lovely and compact.
Suggestion - need to open more stores.

Reviewed 15 July 2016

I've tried Sweet Obsession a lot of times and was never disappointed but this one was special as it was my sister's birthday. Her friends ordered an Ice Cream Cake, thin chocolate base topped with lots of chocolate cream. It was delicious but carried a little heavy texture. We all loved this morsel of art in every spoon. The pricing is bit steep but special occasions deserve something exclusive.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

This is my favourite place in Gurgaon. They serve amazing shakes. If you are a sweet enthusiast this is the place for you. They have some of amazing desserts. My favourite is rocky road and java cheese cake. In shakes if you love chocolate then try their Belgium chocolate shake. It is amazing. Apart from this their food is also very very good. Whatever we have tried so far were all very yumm. One must definitely visit this place at least once. I am one of their regular visitors coz I love the place so so much.

Reviewed 25 June 2016

A friend introduced me to sweet obsession. Although the food is good, I found it to be over priced and the size of the proportions are also not adequate. Have tried their death by chocolate, pasta in orange vodka and assorted pastries. The restaurant itself is a small place and the sitting area in the first floor is a little suffocating. Not highly recommended.

1  Thank junket15