“Wonderful experience !!”
Review of Saffron

Saffron
Ranked #77 of 2,966 Restaurants in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Price range: US$ 35 - US$ 62
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Savour the best of North Indian cuisine at 'Saffron', the Indian speciality restaurant, which offers traditional delights from Kashmir, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and the North-West Frontier region. Cuisine: Indian Timings: Lunch: 12:30 pm - 03:00 pm Dinner: 07:30 pm - 11:30 pm
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

In India there are several hotels and resorts but I recently visited to Trident hotel in Gurgaon,I went to Saffron restaurant ,which I got to know from my friends.Experience was wonderful and food as well .And server Sandeep exceptional, attentive ,more of humble and told me everything about particular khandhari chicken which he suggested to me .And I had Keema meat with Malabar paratha superb combination.

Trident-Gurgaon, Manager at Saffron, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you choosing Saffron as one of your preferred dining venues.

We are elated to know that you enjoyed the Kandhari Murgh, Keema meat and Malabar parantha. Our Culinary team along with celebrated Punjabi cuisine Chef Sweety Singh have researched age-old recipes from the regions to design a menu which is both, diverse and unique.
Our people are our key assets and we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and yet unobtrusive service to our guests. Your kind words of encouragement and praise for Sandeep is indeed motivating for all of us.

My team and I look forward to your continued patronage.

Shoumi Majumder
Assistant Food and Beverage Manager

Reviewed 30 January 2018

Big advantage is that this is part of the hotel - and lives up to the very high standard set by the rest of the Trident. Was delighted to see some traditional musicians playing whilst we had dinner - service was very good (although the restaurant was quite empty), the only problem being the first bottle of Indian wine was clearly off and had to go back. Food was excellent (Dal in particular was very good) and the overall experience was most enjoyable. Highly recommended

Trident-Gurgaon, Manager at Saffron, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking out time to review the restaurant.

I am delighted to know you had such a memorable dining experience. I especially want to thank you for recognizing the team for their service. It’s our team that makes our hotel special – I am very lucky to have a dedicated team of ladies and gentlemen who do all they can to delight our guests and ensure they carry everlasting and fond memories. I will share your comment with everyone in the hotel - positive feedback such as yours means the world to everyone and encourages us in our continuous endeavour to excel.

Thank you for highlighting the issue with the wine. Feedback from our guests means the world to us as it helps us continuously uphold and enhance our service delivery and standards. We have already briefed our teams about the same and are re-training our team on the wines.

I will look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back again in future.

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

Nikhil welcomed us warmly and ushered us in to our table. Saffron is a smallish Indian restaurant at Trident. The musicians play classical Indian tunes to enthrall the diners. This certainly adds to the whole experience of dining at saffron.
Food: 4/5
Food here is delicious and the portion size is good as well. Loved how the different daals were presented for a tasting.
Service: 3/5
Service was a bit slow. Nikhil forgot to deliver the complete order. Some items, 3 in particular were missed totally. There was a big group dining right behind us. I could make out that the servers were quite attentive to that group.
In the bill, mixed raita was added to the amount. We had ordered this but didn’t receive. I pointed that out and got the bill rectified.
Nikhil apologized profusely for the faux pas and gave us 20% off on the total amount.

During my short stay with Trident, on two separate occasions, I was charged wrongly, at both the restaurants.

Service, at the restaurants was marred with confusion and it varied between pedestrian and exceptional.

Trident-Gurgaon, Manager at Saffron, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your constructive reviews on this forum.

I apologize for your dining experience and I am concerned to note your disappointment and the resulting inconvenience you were caused. On this occasion, we fell short of your expectations and please accept my heartfelt apology for the inconsistent dining experience. We view this as a great opportunity to retrain our team, get closer to basics and as a result become more consistent. I request you to please give us another opportunity to serve you - rest assured we will do all that we can to take special care of you and make your dining experience and memorable stay on your future visits.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Shoumi Majumder
Assistant Food and Beverage Service Manager

Reviewed 10 November 2017

We were staying at the hotel and ate here on the first night and the food was excellent. It was just the best Indian food I have had in a long time.

Trident-Gurgaon, Manager at Saffron, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time to review the restaurant.

We are delighted to read your review and very happy to know that you enjoyed the Indian food at our restaurant. I have shared your appreciation about the food with our Chefs and this will go a long way in encouraging them to strive for higher levels of excellence.

I look forward to welcome you back at the hotel.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

This was my second visit here and i immensely enjoyed the food. I am a diabetic and really enjoy their sugar free rasmalai everytime i am here. The food was great and the service was excellent. We were a group of 7 and some of the people in my team were running late and the server was nice and waited an extra 10 minutes even though the kitchen was closing down post lunch. Great food & Experience as always.

Trident-Gurgaon, Manager at Saffron, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking out time to review the restaurant.

I am delighted to know you had such a memorable dining experience. I especially want to thank you for recognizing the team for their exceptional service. It’s our team that makes our hotel special – I am very lucky to have a dedicated team of ladies and gentlemen who do all they can to delight our guests and ensure they carry everlasting and fond memories. I will share your comment with everyone in the hotel - positive feedback such as yours means the world to everyone and encourages us in our continuous endeavour to excel.

We look forward to welcome you back again.