“Hotel not geared up for the cold!!”

BEST WESTERN Skycity Hotel
Ranked #22 of 237 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I stayed here on my arrival in India and got a taxi there straight from Delhi airport.
The hotel offers free wifi. Unfortunately I nor the 'technical guy' in the hotel could get this working on my iphone. That was a bit of a disappointment. I stayed there in January when it was cold and my room was really cold...as were the communal parts of the hotel..the lobby the restaurant downstairs as the cold air comes straight in and the hotel is not heated.
When I rang reception to ask for a heater for my room as I was freezing a guy brought a fan heater with an extension cable with a dangerous loose connection which he took about 10 minutes to set up in the room. When it gave up the ghost he came back and repaired the plug which took another 10 minutes of him being in the room again to set up.
Breakfast OK. Room service OK but very small portion!!
2 gas masks provided next to the beds...just in case!! (Of what I'm not sure!!)
All in all OK but personally I'd look for different hotel in the same price category next time

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank stephaniemireille
SkycityHotel, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Skycity Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2016

Dear Guest
Greetings and thank you for your candid feedback. Your feedback is very important to us, and are greatful to you for taking time off to write about them. Your comment on the power outage is well taken, and would like to appraise you that while we do face frequent power shut downs, we are on full power back up mode and it does take a few seconds to switch over. Thank you for your patience. With regards to your feedback on technical guy .we have submitted it to the higher management.
I do look forward to your visit in future, and hope that we will get a chance to serve you and redeem our faith in our hotel and our brand.
Veena Koul

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for BEST WESTERN Skycity Hotel

Reviewed 12 February 2012

We requested two rooms each with two beds.
Though they offered to pick us up from the airport, there was no driver waiting at the airport. We called and they said if we paid for a cab, they'd re-imburse us. The night manager was all apologies, "Oh our fault, our fault. This will be offered at check out."
The next day, the day manager decided not to honor the night manager (who was no longer in house) since we couldn't provide the email stating our time of arrival that was sent to the hotel.
The power went out in one of our rooms. The girls couldn't get ready and couldn't see in the dark and ended up putting their makeup on at the bar. No compensation was offered.
Of course one of the rooms had a king (two twins pushed together) and after 5 phone calls to the front desk (and one guy saying they couldn't fix it), they finally (reluctantly) changed it.
The rooms smell like mildew and smoke from outside.
They tried to say we drank beer from the (Hot) mini-bar. Had to argue the truth that we didn't.
Only perk was super hot water and service at the bar.
Worst customer service. Crappy dingy area. Would NEVER come back.

Room Tip: Avoid floors 6-8. You can hear the bar music on the 8th floor thumping.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank lizrox

Dear Guest
Greetings and thank you for your candid feedback. Your feedback is very important to us, and are greatful to you for taking time off to write about them. Your comment on the power outage is well taken, and would like to appraise you that while we do face frequent power shut downs, we are on full power back up mode and it does take a few seconds to switch over. Thank you for your patience. With regards to your feedback on the transport cost, our concierge is well trained to offer all options.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

So I recently visited the Skycity on a short trip to Delhi, rather Gurgaon(it does have its own identity and character). Having occasionally stayed in Best Western hotels in the US, I was expecting a comfortable stay but nothing too fab. Well, I was to be pleasantly surprised.
The interiors and the decor in general were pretty contemporary and chique, contrary to my expectation. The room was an extension of what I saw downstairs, plush and comfortable, so the beauty wasn't just skin deep. The free WiFi definitely added to the feel good. The staff was pretty courteous and prompt.
Try the Skybar on one of the higher floors if you get a chance, it will be worth the hike. I could probably go there on a regular evening to get a drink if I was in the area.
Overall a great experience.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Capt_AD

Greetings of the day !!!
Thank you very much for sparing your precious time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.
We are delighted to learn that you found our product and services to your satisfaction.
We are pleased to know that our courteous staff members, impeccable service & excellent rooms have exceeded your expectation which makes you to stay in Skycity Hotel as a regular Customer.
We are elated that your stay would be wonderful at our property and look forward to welcome you again and again for yet another beautiful stay with us.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights and we thoroughly enjoyed the hotel room and restaurant. The food was good, including breakfast, and the room had everything we needed. My rating would be excellent except for the lack of taxis. I had confirmed airport pickup when we arrived in New Delhi but the person who was supposed to greet us with a sign from the Hotel was nowhere to be seen. We had to hire a cab to get to the hotel. When we mentioned this to the individual checking us in, he was on the defensive and said the driver had just called to say we were not there and he asked why we had not called the hotel to ask where the driver was. A pretty audacious response since their rate was double the regular cab fare for a pickup and they were not there at the appointed time. I am very grateful that previous comments from another reader had forwarned about this happening and we did not waste time waiting for the hotel pick-up. I had also read a manager comment on Trip Advisor that they had corrected the lack of transportation to go to the mall a few miles away by providing a shuttle service, which I thought was free. When I asked to use this shuttle service, they quoted me a 4 hour car and driver rate - completely ridiculous for a 4 killometer ride to a mall; apparently no shuttle exists. This is a beautiful modern hotel with excellent restaurant service. I truly do not understand why they do not provide reasonable taxi service for their hotel since it is in the middle of nowhere. I did not use their services to Agra because of my fear they would not pick us up on a timely basis. I also arranged for the excellent Company, Amin Tours who did provide a guide and driver in Agra, to take us to the airport when we left.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Floridasunshine_11

Greetings of the day !!!
Kindly accept our sincere apologize what had happened for the taxi services.

Reviewed 3 February 2012

Very well furnished hotel. The rooms are extremely comfortable, spacious and modern. The staff are efficient and friendly. The restaurant on the ground floor serves very tasty food at a decent price, and there is variety on the menu! There is a bar on the 8th floor, which boasts a panorama view of certain parts of Gurgaon, and in the evening it is a wonderful place to have a drink. All in all a very good experience and at an attractive price. Well worth it!

Room Tip: Go for the double occupancy rooms as they have more space!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family