“Not as good as some Lemon Tree experiences”

Lemon Tree Premier, Leisure Valley, Gurgaon
Ranked #27 of 233 Hotels in Gurugram (Gurgaon)
Carlsbad, California
“Not as good as some Lemon Tree experiences”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

After a wonderful stay at the Lemon Tree Premier in Bangalore, I had high expectations for the Lemon Tree Premier in Gurgaon. Perhaps it was because of those high expectation that my actual experience wasn't so good.

Check-in was smooth, and I had no problems going right to sleep; the bed was spacious and comfortable, as were the desk area and sofa. Compared with my room in Bangalore, however, there was less room for my luggage and clothes (one closet instead of two) and I found things just a bit less clean and new-looking. There were no shower doors or curtains in any of our rooms, so some water splashed out onto the bathroom floor; fortunately it was not much, and easily absorbed when I put a towel down.

The swimming pool was cloudy and not the clean bright color one looks for, but it wasn't so sketchy as to prevent us from taking a dip. The air quality in Gurgaon was quite bad, with lots of dust settling on the pool furniture (and perhaps clouding the pool). The main entrance to the pool was broken, so we entered through a door down the hallway. I did not have the inclination to try the spa or fitness center.

Our food in the main dining area was fine. We took an excursion to the Taj Mahal one day, and the night before I asked a waiter to have some sandwiches, fruit, and juice prepared for us to take early in the morning; the food was waiting for us in the morning just as requested, and the sandwiches were tasty.

This hotel is conveniently near the Yellow Line metro station, but be careful--there is a Lemon Tree Hotel very nearby, and not knowing this we told the ride from the station "Lemon Tree" and ended up at the wrong hotel. Be sure to say "Lemon Tree Premier" and you should be alright.

We had a bad experience one morning with a vehicle the hotel arranged for us to take us to Agra to see the Taj Mahal. As soon as we pulled away from the hotel, the driver informed us he would be picking up a "backup driver." When we questioned this, he informed us it was actually his brother, who needed a ride. While not unsympathetic to his plight, we were uncomfortable with the way he was trying to railroad us, and given all those security briefings that warn of taxi drivers picking up strangers, we asked to return to the hotel to make sure things were all on the up-and-up; the driver refused, even when we insisted. We ended up leaving the vehicle and starting to walk back to the hotel, about a kilometer away by this time. Hotel representatives met us on the way with another vehicle (our driver must have reported what happened) and within an hour we had a different vehicle with a different driver and no more problems.

This hotel is about 45 minutes from old Delhi by metro--so keep that in mind if you're planning to be downtown every day.

My bottom line: a pretty nice hotel, but it fell short of my expectations based on other Lemon Tree experiences. I'd give them another try.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Chris M
, General Manager at Lemon Tree Premier, Leisure Valley, Gurgaon, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and I sincerely apologize for the issues you faced during your recent stay at Lemon Tree Premier, Leisure Valley, Gurgaon

We have examined all your comments and are taking steps to resolving them on a priority basis.

Based on your feedback, we are looking into training our staff to provide efficient services in the future as well as the drivers to ensure that we deliver high quality service as can be expected from an upscale hotel.

There was a strong dust storm during your visit to Gurgaon and due to the fact there was dust settled in the water. However, we will ensure that the cleaning of the pool is done more frequently in the future.

We hope to see you back, which gives us an opportunity to make your stay at Lemon Tree Hotels memorable. Please email me the details of your reservation at Vaibhav.mittal@lemontreehotels.com so that I can handle it personally.

With best regards,
Yours sincerely,

Vaibhav Mittal
Hotel General Manager-Gurgaon Region
Lemon Tree Premier, Leisure Valley, Gurgaon
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Have stayed here couple of times but could never find what they do to make me feel so comfortable.

my last stay here was the best one as i happen to stay with my wife and it was her Birthday, and we have never happen to celebrate her Birthday better than this.

We were sitting in the restaurant for dinner and we were the last one to finish and the manager came to ask us if he could get us some dessert. and he came with all his team members & other managers with a Cake on the Trolley and everyone sang a Birthday song for my wife. this actually touched us. But this was not it. when we came back to the room there was a small bottle of wine & flowers for my wife. this is truly a nice hotel and the services offered by staff is really personal.

Room Tip: whatever you want, just ask the people on the Front Desk.. they are very helpful. if you have free t...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lokeims
cuttack
Reviewed 18 May 2012

The lemon fragrance after a full exhausting day just rejuvenates u.A warm welcome with a rise smile always waits for you.Each and every need of your's is looked after as if you are at home.It was a short stay but I am waiting to get back to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank coolanks143
BANGLORE
Reviewed 16 May 2012

This hotel is really unique in the guest services or if you count in the terms of hospitality. The staff here will go above and beyond their responsibilities to help you out in any terms. I was really very happy with the hospitality and the honor i got here as a guest. Hassle free check in and check out with smiling faces, who were really happy seeing me and good service at the coffee shop as well as the bar. I will give this hotel 10/10 for in terms of the hospitality.

Room Tip: Try to get the rooms on higher floors, garden side.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Sanu S
Mumbai, India
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I've stayed at the Lemon Tree Premier several times now. Its a wonderful place and reasonably priced. The staff are most excellent and take really good care of you. If i absolutely had to complain I'd complain about the size of the breakfast menu. Overall a highly recommended experience.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business