We ended up at this hotel after our other booking was messed up by agoda and it was a blessing in disguise.
The hotel is a lovely old heritage building with heaps of character and charm. We stayed in a standard room which was spacious and full of lots of nice personal touches. The food is great and the service we received from the staff was outstanding. They couldn't do enough to help us and made us feel like we were their only guests. My only criticism is that the standard rooms did not have mosquito nets which should be a given when you're paying £75 per night. If we were ever to return to Ahmedabad then we would definitely stay here again although next time we'd stay a room level up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The House of MG is the only 'boutique' category hotel in Ahmedabad. This stately heritage property has been tastefully refurbished to retain its old-world charm but with all the amenities and comforts of contemporary living. The Lonely Planet Guide and the Rough Guide recommend this hotel highly and the discerning British travel guide 'Sawdays - Places to Stay in India' has singled out The House of MG as the only hotel worth mention, in its Ahmedabad section. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelGuru, Yatra, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com and ClearTrip so you can book your The House of MG reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The House Of Mg Hotel Ahmedabad
- Hotel Of Mg
- Of Mg Hotel
- The House Of MG Ahmedabad, Gujarat