“Great.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 154 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Amsterdam
“Great.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

House of MG is the place to be while in Ahmedabad. I did not sleep here, but in a very nearby hotel. Every day I went at least once to House of MG. Once for dinner up in the Agashiye restaurant, once for swimming, a few times to have a snack or drink in Green House.
The atmosphere is great and the Assistant manager Satyender is very nice and helpfull.
I also booked an early morning walking tour. The tour was ok, but the included breakfast was just so so.
If I had the money, I would definitely stay here for many nights!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Armidale, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

Amedabad itself was very friendly city(people were so helpful there), but MG really made our trip special. we were already booked at other hotel for 3 nights(we didn't know about MG then) but we caught the ricks everyday to have our most meals at MG & booked a hire car for 2 days at MG with THE LOVELIEST hire car driver EVER CALLED "ASIF" then we moved to MG for a day stay before our night train to Udaipur. Sure, Taj in Mumbai was clean & modern, but this place had more "character".

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mickmcp
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

This was my second stay at House of MG and it lived up to and exceeded expectations. The rooms are spacious and really comfortable, catering for everything you will need during your stay. I like the inclusion of traditional craft items within the rooms. The level of service is excellent and all staff are helpful and courteous. The Green House restaurant is a great place to meet and relax at any time whilst sampling the good and varied menu. All in all a relaxed and really interesting and enjoyable place to stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Florence, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

I stayed 12 days at House of MG in November 2011 and really enjoyed it. It is a hotel of distinctive style, cosy and comfortable, with genuine warm hospitality. Rooms are beautifully and tastefully decorated, with a swing to relax. Everyday I had lunch or dinner at Green House ( ground floor restaurant ) or at Agashiye ( roof terrace restaurant ) and loved it. Everything is homemade!
Staff is prompt and helpful. At the end of the day chocolate and one rose, courtesy of the hotel, and " the saying of the day" welcome you back into your room. I thank all the staff and a special thanks to Mr. Bhatt, Mr. Vaidya, Mr. Singh and Mr. Salim. I strongly recommend this place!
Tina Pangrazio

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Tina P
brisbane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

My husband and I stayed at the House of MG in October and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We were allocated a wonderfully large room next to the elevator because my husband has a disability. Initially we found it noisy but soon became accustomed to the traffic that is so constant in India and slept very well. The staff, with one notable exception, were extremely polite and helpful. I did use the internet on a daily basis. I did not have a personal laptop and found that the hotel information compendimum in the room advised that to access that service one needs to hire a laptop - at a cost, of course. That was fine by me but when I inquired about hiring one the very helpful receptionist told me that that was not necessary and simply to use the facilties in the business centre instead. For the first two days that worked out fine, but on the third day I was checking my emails and this very large man wearing a flowing robe came storming into the room (I was its sole occupant) and literally hung over me and was almost apoplexic in the face as he told me in no uncertain terms to get out of the room, it was for "business purposes only" and to hire myself a laptop. He sat at a desk shuffling bits of paper glowering until I left the room. I was incredibly embarrassed. His attitude was way over the top and so unnecessary. He could simply have politely asked me to leave the business centre and I would have. This was our fourth trip to India and the first (and I hope last) time that I have been treated with such rudeness and nastiness. If he meant to demean me he certainly succeeded. And just to make me feel better (sarcasm) I noticed other guests checking their emails on the same computers in the same business centre and not being harrassed by this particularly aggressive staff member. He has singlehandedly made sure that two guests will never return. As a final note, yes, I did hire a laptop and used that in the confines of our room.

Room Tip: Ask for a grand deluxe if you can. It may cost a bit more, but worth it.