“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 157 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Indore, India
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Very nice hotel to stay,good spacious rooms, clean & well maintained,friendly well trained staff & good food. Breakfast was fantastic, elaborate with lot of choices, probably one of my best breakfast I had at Marriott Ahmedabad.
Only small problem was, they have too many security checks while entering in the hotel, but that's a small price in the present scenario.
I would love to stay again with them.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Monil_p1967
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Space, clean, well-maintained spacious hotel with friendly and professional staff, quite possibly the best in Ahmedabad.

1 Thank AlinaGadzhieva
Parul T, General Manager at Courtyard Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Greetings of the day!

Thank you very much for choosing to stay wit us at the Courtyard by Marriott, Ahmedabad.

We are thoroughly pleased to know that you have shared such a positive review on your visit to the hotel.

It is rewarding for me to be able to share your feedback with my colleagues and for them to know their efforts helped enhance your stay with us.

We are appreciate that you chose Courtyard by Marriott, Ahmedabad for your visit and immensely hope you will allow us to serve you better in the near future.

Asia
Reviewed 28 February 2012

This hotel had been under construction for some years. Work appeared to have stopped for some time in the late 2000s in fact. So when I knew it had opened, I wanted to stay there.

The location is good for what I was doing. And the Satellite area is full of large shopping malls. The best eating places in Ahmedabad are not around there but there are enough of decent restaurants.

I arrived at 8.30 am from Chennai. The receptionist, Sanjaya, was kind enough to allow me to have a breakfast meeting at 9am on the house. Ok, maybe my Marriot card membership helped.

I asked for and got a quiet room on the west side. When I got to my room, I saw that it was modern and incorporated the latest in hotel design. The bathroom has glass on one wall, which is one way of giving the room the appearance of space. There is a curtain to cover the glass. The shower is the rain/monsoon type which I like. And it has a flexible shower handle as well, which is good. I would have liked more hooks in the bathroom. The sliding door removes the space for hooks. The bathroom amenities are surprisingly thin though.

I agree with many of the comments that the service could be improved.

On my last night, I had dinner with my guests at the Momo Cafe at the lobby. It was a last-minute thing and we were early. The buffet dinner opened at 7.30 pm (Indians eat late) so the deal was that I could order drinks (non-alcoholic) while we waited for the food from 6.30 pm. First we were told that we could not sit at a certain table because it had been reserved and we had no reservation. Then, after pointing out that we would move after 7.30, it was agreed that we could sit there. At 7.30 pm, we were told we could sit there for dinner after all. Five minutes later, while gathering our food, we were told we could not sit there. I did not mind moving because next to us two ladies were talking as if they were using loudspeakers. The staff need to get their act together.

Overall, I would say that this hotel is among the better few in Ahmedabad. It does not make a compelling case for itself, though. I have stayed at Pride, which is cheaper. And once one looks at price vs value, this place is comparable.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at Courtyard Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
Greetings of the day!

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott, Ahmedabad.

Warm Regards,

Ms Parul Thakur
Philadelphia
Reviewed 18 February 2012

So far best hotel I've stayed at in Ahmedabad (over the Gateway by Taj and Le Meridien) but that's not necessarily saying much. The city is in need of a true four or five star business hotel! Good points - very clean, relatively spacious room (I was on the executive floor), pleasant staff. My main complaint is that the internet connection was so bad as to be non-existent - too slow to use the VPN to my office which was a major problem. The restaurant in the lobby seemed to be on fire the whole time I was there, causing the space to smell like a smoky barbeque. Some little issues as well - not taking away room service tray, forgetting to return laundry...Will probably keep trying other places if back in the city.

2 Thank artprof13

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Rooms are spacious and clean ..Breakfast is in international standards including some mediterenean choices for international visitors.Internet is not free ...I really dont understand why some international hotels are asking some fee for internet .

Overall it is a nice hotel and friendly staff.