“Ginger Hotel”
Review of Ginger Ahmedabad

Ginger Ahmedabad
Ranked #15 of 160 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Reviewed 12 December 2016

I had a business trip to Ahmedabad along with my colleague, and made reservations at Ginger. While doing the reservation the guy at the other end informed that rooms were available and that he shall be giving a confirmation call in another 5 minutes; which never happened. I landed at Ahmedabad and went straight to hotel assuming my reservation was confirmed. I also needed to rush to work just dropping off my luggage; but upon reaching the hotel the guy at the front desk also very rudely informed me that the booking was only provisional and that I had to make an advance payment to ensure that the booking is confirmed. Upon insisting, he asks me to wait for an hour atleast before he can give us one room only. Finally after a lot of discussion and waiting for about half an hour, we were given a room; where both my colleague and myself dumped our luggage and went off to work. Fortunately by the time we returned in the evening, we were given two different rooms. I travel a lot but this was in so far the worst hotel check-in experience ever.

The rooms were clean, but the hotel changes linens only after three days. House keeping is so effiecient that after me telling them to clean my room and stepping out for like four hours on a sunday, the room was still a mess by the time I returned. They keep one half litre bottle of water in the room. Unfortunately for you, if you drink up all of it, you will yourself have to go the end of the corridor to fill your bottle. The faucets in the bathroom, were meant for drilling I think. Please use them at your own risk.

Food is OK OK. The service is yet another example of mismanagement. The first day, me and my colleague had to wait for like 5 minutes, as they were out of plates. Menu for breakfast buffet is limited, but they entertained my request for omlette instead of boiled eggs. Coffee is made only once in the morning, and if you are late for breakfast, you end up drinking cold coffee instead of a hot one; which they later changed upon my suggesstion. They provided me with a table spoon to stir sugar in my coffee- grossly incompetent service. More so the table was not cleaned after the previous person (s) left.

Photographs attached.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank ambujnith
Ginger H, Manager at Ginger Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2016

Dear Guest,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We deeply regret that your stay at the Ginger Hotels did not match your expectations.

The Ginger brand takes great pride in ensuring guests have a brilliant experience when they stay with us.

Your feedback is valuable to us as it gives an opportunity to continuously improve on the product and service standards of the hotel to cater to a wide range of travelers for leisure, business and conferences .We are a contemporary business hotel and we look forward to host all our guests brilliantly every time they stay with us.

I once again apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay .

My team and I look forward to welcome you back at the Ginger Hotels for an experience that will exceed your expectations.

Nitin Sodhi,
Ginger Hotels

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Ginger Ahmedabad

Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

To me it was a great stay as whenever I visit there greeting from Prashant and the way of hospitality he provide is awesome I always prefer ginger Ahmedabad whenever I need a stay in hotel, just coz the service provided by the staff is super awesome.,I would personally like to thank Prashant for making my stay so awesome..

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Ginger H, Manager at Ginger Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2016

Dear Pathan,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.

As a valued guest, we appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in not only meeting, but exceeding your expectations.

Your feedback is integral to our ability to continue to improve our service. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

We value your patronage and sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again to Ginger Hotels.

Nitin Sodhi,
Hotel Manager,

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

Great hotel... nice location... superb breakfast.... staff was helpful specially Abhishek And prashant.....
Restaurent staff was good and caring like Jai mishra...
Housekeeping staff was superb Rajesh is helpful

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Ginger H, Manager at Ginger Ahmedabad, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2016

Dear Audhut,

Thank you for your feedback further to your stay with us in December. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay, especially the housekeeping service provided by the hotel team. Thank you for your recognition of their efforts and it does inspire us to keep raising our levels of service through innovation and understanding our guests even more. We have always said that our people are our most important asset, and your favourable comments confirm that belief.

I do hope that you will visit us again and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

It was a good stay everything was fine... Breakfast,gym,parking and wifi etc..... Staff from front desk was good specially Abhishek and Prashant both are hard working boys...
Rajesh from housekeeping was helpful...
JAi mishra from kennelite was helpful thanks to alll.....

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo

Dear Ramesh,

Thank you for your feedback further to your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at Ginger Hotel.

Reviewed 10 December 2016

This is my second review for Ginger, Ahmedabad. I come to Ahmedabad every month & my favourite place is Ginger, the hotel is good, rooms are decent & clean & the staffs are extraordinary. Thanks to entire staffs & crew of the hotel specially Priyanka at reception, Jai Mishra-F&B Manager & of course Amir, They are very cooperative & helpful & they do every possible things to make my stay comfortable, thanks to Ginger & wonderful team

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business