“Useless, Tasteless Food” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Patang

Patang
Ranked #19 of 3,538 Restaurants in Ahmedabad
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, View, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Buffet, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Useless, Tasteless Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2009

I had been to Patang but did not like the food. I had my cousin whose child was only 3. He did not eat a single morsel yet Patang charged for the entire plate at Rs.490. The food also was not up to the mark. It tends to be more continental than the normal Indian spicy cuisine. The manager Mr. Rajesh was rude and did not care for the feedback given by me. He said "If you did not like the food, don't come here. Who invites you? You have a problem, not we. We are doing good business. Our food stuff may not be good but because it is in a prime location of ahmedabad and has a novel concept of a moving restaurant at such a height, we will have customers."

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
12 Thank Bare-Truth
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Ahmedabad, India
“Patang”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2009

Revolving restaurant, Known as Patang (Kite) gives great view of Sabarmati river & Ahmedabad city line. Nice to have candle dinner on special occasions.

2 Thank EnjoyHoliday09
Chicago, IL
“Excellent food and View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2009

I been here twice when I was living in Ahmedabad and last month I was visiting with my family from Chicago and we all enjoyed it. this place has a great food(Only Veg.) and excellent view while eating food.

Make sure you are ready to pay around Rs. 400 per person minimum and they have only two time slots. I called earlier and booked my slot of time. We really enjoyed it.

3 Thank ChicagoTraveler99
“Worth visiting once”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2009

Everytime we pass through Nehru bridge, my two daughters shall ask me, "papa when are we going to be at the top & how it looks like"?So finally we landed at Patang on Monday night.It was around 21.00 hrs. we were 5 adults & 2 kids.Before approaching the lift, we were told the terms(Rates) of dining.It's better to go between Monday to Friday as weekend rates are higher.The lady handed over buffet menu but I was keen to know about Ala Carte. Whatever option you select, they'll charge the rates of buffet dinner & if your Ala Carte expense more you have to pay more .Buffet is good for those who can eat more but if your diet is not so heavy & you want to enjoy variety of drinks, food & dessert then go for Ala Carte. Again after occupying the seats, the staff shall keep recommending you to go for buffet. I was clear in my mind & went for Ala Carte.We enjoyed our dinner & the food as well as Service was good.Though we did not eat much but as per TERMS ,our bill was Rs. 2467/- for 5 adults & 2 kids.It's a big amount in current recession period. But NO , the place was almost full by 22.00 hours.If you have good money , NO issues but SERVICE class, be cautious.You can not come to this place again & again.

4 Thank nipuratmi
Ahmedabad
“One of the my favourite resturant in Ahmedabad”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2008

Date: April 28, 2008
Reviewer: Kashyap Patel, Ahmadabad INDIA

27th April is a wedding day of my parents. So as to take party for their wedding we went in Patang Hotel on 28th April, 2008. This Restaurant is just awesome. From the gate you will feel that you have entered in a Royal place. And the most attracting feature of this restaurant is that it rotates in the air. Actually hotel is at the 10th floor and its wooden floor rotates 360 degree on it's axis. Thus you can have a rotating dinner with your dinning table. The best reason to go in this hotel is that it gives you a night sky view of Ahmadabad city. And it is situated very close to Sabarmati river. You can enjoy the night beauty of river as well as of Ahmadabad and side by side you can have your dinner. It's cost was 400rs. + tax per person at that time. Thus here only standard people will come for dinner not like other restaurants. It's food is just fantastic. Each and every item is just delicious. I liked it's brownie the most. Cook serves in five hotels are only eligible for this job. In short you can have a royal dinner with perfect cook, delicious items and with the night beauty of Ahmadabad city. So if you want to enjoy the luxury of dinner along with the restaurant then go in Patang hotel.

3 Thank greatguyof89