Had a very comfortable stay at the Alila Diwa Hotel in February 2012. The Hotel and it's surroundings are absolutely stunning, the gardens are beautifully designed. We stayed in the Alila wing in a very spacious, lovely room with large balcony overlooking lush green vegetation. The staff were great, all very friendly, they made us feel extremely welcome, but unfortunately the service is disorganised and inconsistent and the staff are either badly trained or poorly supervised. On occasion we had to return food that had sat going cold on the bar whilst waiting staff walked past it, on another occasion we simply left after waiting 25 minutes for a coffee that didn't arrive, and were quite surprised on another occasion to have ordered a coffee and to see the waiter boiling the kettle for a cup of instant. So, the pool bar, not recommended for those with high blood pressure, low blood sugar or coffee lovers.
Breakfast in VIVO is good there's a lot of choice and the fresh eggs are worth the short wait. We ordered a la carte on the balcony one morning the eggs benedict were fantastic!
The Spice Studio is a bit pricey compared to outside and we didn't find the the food any less tasty in Fish Ka or Martins corner.That said, it's a stunning restaurant . What would stop me from returning or recommending it to others is the bizzarre and seemingly inappropriate choice of entertainment. Any attempt at a sophisticated night out goes out of the window when the electric organ strikes up and the singer gets out her 1980s cruise ship song book. Surely it wouldn't take much effort to provide a more more authentic Indian experience? Mine is not the first post to mention this, so hopefully somebody out there is listening as it was sad to see such a lovely restaurant empty night after night.
The beach is lovely and only a short walk. If you fancy a change of scenery hire a scooter from outside or take a car and you'll find some slightly more secluded beaches a bit further along with shacks offering fabulous fresh seafood and friendly relaxed service, they have sunbeds and umbrellas too.
Overall we had a wonderful stay and the location is truly memorable. Catering to wedding parties, independant travellers like us and guests on various packages is evidently a huge challenge, and yet to be sucessfully met. There are a lot of issues at this hotel that need to be addressed before it represents anything like good value to the independant traveller.
If i were to sit with the manager over a cup of instant today i'd say train the staff to a higher standard, supervise the staff a lot more closely, provide more sunbeds and try not to let the weddings encroach on other guests enjoyment.
Oh and please, please,pleeeeeeease put a coffee machine in the pool bar!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alila Diwa Goa is situated in South Goa along the coast of the beautiful Majorda Beach with panoramic views of vast verdant paddy fields leading out to the Arabian Sea. The resort is also perfectly located just 20 minutes from Goa’s Dabolim International Airport. Alila Diwa Goa blends contemporary Goan architecture with the magic of Goa’s cultural richness to create a stylish and relaxing environment that remains true to the destination. At the heart of the resort is an endless infinity pool that extends out into the paddy terraces. Its 153 rooms and suites are designed for quiet indulgence with an amazing bath experience, luxury bedding and a private terrace to take in the picturesque setting. The resort is complemented by a family entertainment zone that includes a theatre and children’s activity centre, and a comprehensive event centre that can accommodate your need for a versatile and ‘surprisingly different’ venue equipped with a ballroom, meeting rooms and a large outdoor lawn that can accommodate up to 300 persons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, TravelGuru and Hotels.com so you can book your Alila Diwa Goa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alila Diwa Goa Hotel Salcette
- Alila Diwa Goa Salcette District