All reviewsrooftop restaurantretractable roofcandolim beachview from the balconyroom servicebig balconywalking distanceextra milethe main roadthe hotel staffwonderful hoteldecent hotelswimming poolbuffet breakfastweek staybars and restaurantsexcellent stay
Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

Good Points:
1) Beautiful building & rooftop bar
2) Clean

Bad Points:
1) Arrogant reception staff who can't even smile, look unapproachable & lazy! I've been to Goa before & OMG the staff at the hotel I stayed at couldn't do enough for you. They were so hospitable, made you feel so at home & treated you like family. TBH almost 95% of the staff here need customer service training! We visted other hotels for drinks & they made us feel more at home than this place!
2) Shower takes about 10 minutes to heat up & is far from powerful. When we told them, they sent someone up who just stood there until it got warm & said it's ok now. I was like, well I could have done that.
3) Breakfast was awful, we would eat it everyday because it really was not tasty.
4) Decided to try lunch one afternoon, well won't be doing that again as everything I asked for drink & food was unavailable. And then it took ages to come out & I know food here takes time, so wasn't an issue, but this was ridiculous. I asked got a vegetarian salad of the menu, it came with chicken after waiting 50 minutes, then they bought it back and had the nerve to show me the bill!!! I said you have to be joking and he said it wasn't fault! I thought, I think it is. It was a joke! Worst hotel I've ever been too

Reviewed 20 December 2016

Overall hotel is very nice..staff is very cooperative...food was delicious...hospitability was nice...nice room and services..nice place to stay...mangament of hotel is well and good...market is near to hotel..so everything can b available easily...nice experience

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TheAcaciaHotel, Manager at The Acacia Hotel & Spa Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2016

Dear Guest Thank you for your kinds words and the time you took to share them with us. It is great to hear, that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Rest ensured, that we will take you comments for further encouragement within the team to ensure personal service and warm welcome for your next visit. All the best and see you soon! Warm regards Jaya Kohli Guest Relation Manager grm@theacaciahotels.com

Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

My partner Paul and I have just spent 21 days at the Acacia. We have been several times before so we are no strangers to this hotel.
This visit I would say an saw an 80% improvement on our last visit. I'm not sure if the hotel is under new management and this may be the reason.
We arrived very late well the early hours of Saturday morning after a delay at the airport. We were greeted by a friendly receptionist and bell boy Anand. I had emailed previously to arrange a road facing room as we like these rooms and after a swift check in Anand took us up to our room (221). We've stayed in this room before, the room was very clean, huge bed, complimentary water, tea, coffee etc and toiletries and lovely fluffy towels. No complaints there.
The only negative we have and we've seen this so many times in Indian hotels is the rooms look tired, wall paper falling off the walls and very stained...black mildew on the shower tiles...wardrobe doors absolute pain as kept sticking ( we had them removed), double glazing window panel has been removed and not replaced, The quality of the housekeeping in our room ( cleanliness, bed linen, bath towels) was 100% thanks to our regular room boy who did his best to make it a pleasure to return to the room after a day in the beach, it's such a shame that the maintenance hasn't been on going and what is a beautiful new hotel is starting to look shabby.
Don't let this put you off its a minor point the hotel itself has lots of positive.
Good staff in ALL area's. We found reception staff very polite, and very helpful when they needed to be, bell boys Dilwar and Anand always greeted us with a smile and went that extra mile to be helpful, both good knowledge of the area and speak quite good English.

We stayed bed and breakfast , the breakfast staff work really hard, one who stood out from the rest was Sumit when he wasn't making sure you had everything you needed he was cleaning and refilling food areas. Egg chefs 100% improvement on last year's, not one mistake and perfect eggs. Breakfast in this hotel is predominantly Indian, as are the clientele but there is cereal, cold milk, pastries, toast, artisan bread, egg's, bacon ( but think it's deep fried) chicken sausage, and beautiful grilled tomato tea, coffee, and juice.

Room service menu excellent and quite reasonably priced. .. try the pizza.

Lovely pool at the hotel we found it a little cold this year but I think as the season warms up it'll get warmer, as I've said in previous reviews if it's a hotel/pool holiday you want this is not the hotel for you, there are 5 loungers around the pool, and no sun gets to this area, even when the sliding roof is open, pool towels are provided and there is a swim up bar but I never saw it open. The pool is lovely to return to after a long day out to cool off.
Drinks can be bought as there is waiter service all day in the EAT restaurant adjacent to the pool.

All areas of the hotel are immaculate cannot fault the housekeeping in any area.

There is a spa I heard good results but never used it as it's not my thing.

There is a roof top restaurant /bar with spectacular views out to sea and amazing sun sets. Food and drinks are good, even if a little over priced but nice for a treat.

If you want a quieter room you need to go in the side rooms on the left as they don't overlook the busy road/junction.

Acacia situated in a brilliant spot 10 mins from beach, the bars and restaurants are on your doorstep . Taxi rank and bus stop directly outside.

All in all a lovely hotel to stay.
It must be we're going back in February 2017

See you all soon Acacia

2  Thank cazz0109

Dear Guest,
its is great to hear that you had a memorable stay with us and thank you for praising our service. We invest a lot of time in effort to train our team to ensure the highest level of personalised service. Please do not hesitate to contact us in advance for your next visit, so we can prepare for relaxing welcome after a long trip to Goa. All the best and hope to see you soon!
warm regards
Jaya Kohli Guest Relation Manager grm@theacaciahotels.com

Reviewed 19 December 2016

A modern hotel in a great location. Really helpful staff who are very friendly. The rooms are a decent size, with excellent A/C, cleaned daily, with Tetleys tea & Nescafe coffee regularly replenished. Free bottled water even when you still have some, there's currently 8 in our room. The TV has English channels if required and you get the WiFi in your room without problems.
For breakfast there is a huge selection of Indian food, fresh fruit, breads, cereals and even bacon and hot dog or chicken sausages. There are several drink options both hot or cold and we found the ready made tea quite tasty.
The rooftop restaurant is very attractive although not used by many which probably explains why the full menu was not available.
There is a nice size pool in proportion to the hotel but it does not get any sun. The hotel is 3 sided and the pool is on the ground floor adjacent to the breakfast area. I was told it was not very warm but it was stilled well used.
All in all an excellent choice.

Room Tip: We're in 116 which is to the south side and has the sun until it sets. Front rooms are facing busy main road with evening revellers passing
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Jaya Kohli
Guest Relation Manager
grm@theacaciahotels.com

Reviewed 17 December 2016

I've been to Goa many times and have stayed in a number of different hotels and I have to say that this was one of the best. The standard of accommodation was excellent, beds are huge and very comfortable, there was every facility we could have wished for, including satellite TV, free wi-fi, a fridge/mini bar, as well as a luxurious ensuite bathroom. The hotel has a fabulous spa which provides an oasis of calm where you can unwind and partake of a variety of treatments, and there is also an indoor pool! The food is first class, including the room service (which I confess we took advantage of several times) and the rooftop restaurant is captivating, providing a fabulous view over the resort. The staff were extremely helpful, nothing was too much trouble, and we felt that we were really valued guests. The location is perfect, central to all the sights and amenities in the Candolim area, and just a few minutes walk from the beach. We had a truly wonderful holiday - Goa provided the sun, sea, and scenery, and the Acacia provided us with everything else. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to fellow travellers!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Chrissie N
TheAcaciaHotel, Manager at The Acacia Hotel & Spa Goa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2016

Dear Chrissie

Thank you for spending your time to comment on your recent stay.

We are very glad to see, that you remark our hotel, the food offer and the perfect location around. We were also very pleased to read your comments about the friendly and helpful staff in our hotel. Certainly we have passed this on to our employees.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again during your next stay in Goa and hope we can prove our high standard of hospitality again.

Regards