“Great Hotel, Avg on location & food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fortune Acron Regina

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Fortune Acron Regina
Ranked #3 of 64 Hotels in Candolim
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Great Hotel, Avg on location & food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

Took a trip with family with two deluxe rooms. The location - which is way too inside with a small board on the main Candolim - Aguada road that can be missed, I wasn't too happy with the distance from Calangute. Although I knew I was away, I'd say the distance was a bit from happening places - restaurants, pubs etc.

The room was great, comfortable with all amenities one requires. TV channels were limited but that wasn't the purpose of my holiday. Staff and Service was awesome - taken good care of us. The breakfast was wide spread, lot of choices - like a usual 4 star! The gym was sufficient for holiday time, I didn't really wanted to do weights. Swimming pool was for leisure so I'd say it was fine.

The disappointment was the dinner. We went to the Orchid - the same as breakfast cafe - ordered starters - fish and prawns - both average, followed by Goan chicken xacuti - below average and fish curry - again goan - which was very bland and lacked flavors. The dessert was a cheesecake which was pathetic as well. The dinner should be avoided at all cost. Point to note : we didn't opt for the buffet that other families opted for - since my family didn't like the concept and food didn't look appetizing too well. Lack of restaurants in this time was a tad disappointing.

Also, avoid taking car/taxi/bike from the hotel's outsourced vendors - he is expensive and gives a higher quote just cause of no1 being around. Walk down to the main road, turn left and there's a taxi guy there who gives bike/car on hire.

Take this hotel if you'd like to stay in most of the times and explore areas other than Calangute/Baga. The property is nice, decent value for money otherwise.

Room Tip: Deluxe room faces the backside, so the view ain't too good. The other room (slightly more expens...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Matthew_Uthup-GM, General Manager at Fortune Acron Regina, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Fortune Select Regina, Goa.

Thank You for your review on your recent stay with us.

We have shared your feedback with our team members and assure you of a superior experience on your next visit. .

I do look forward to your continued patronage.

Matthew Roby Uthup
Fortune Select Regina
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Gorakhpur
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

very poor location. on beach along the hotel. water dripping along the a/c vents in the coridoor . they were suppose to give fruit platter in room on demand but first denied giving the same . But after that they provided without apology.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank GauravBanka
Aseem V, General Manager at Fortune Acron Regina, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Dear Sir,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice. I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at
Fortune Select Regina, Goa.

While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced, may I assure you that I am investigating the causes for me to personally address. I would additionally request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services

At Fortune Select Regina, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency.

Aseem Varma

Mumbai, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

Fortune Regina, Goa Hotel
Our stay was for very few days, but since we were attending a Goan wedding we just wanted to have the best place to relax after such hectic schedules of attending wedding functions and Fortune Regina appeared to be the place which we could have selected. So I am listing down all the good points which impressed me and my husband the most
1. Big hotel with around 100 rooms so the services and hospitality was as per the standards.
2. The warmth of Goan resident is well known, so the hotel staff also didn’t leave any opportunity to give us the best of the service.
3. The hotel restaurant had lot of food options for breakfast and for any other meals of the day.
4. Swimming pool was very inviting.
5. We used their spa service and were absolutely delighted since it relaxed us to the core before we took part in the wedding function.
6. The staff extended their limits of hospitality to an extent where I was searching for a Bindi (typical Hindu Spot sticker used on forehead of a women) and just with a phone call at the reception and room service solved my issue. Very delighted and happy with their service.
7. Finally by god’s grace the location of the hotel was close to the church where the wedding happened and also to the spot for reception. So the whole trip was much more relaxing and enjoyable since the hotel comfort and proximity to the beach and the church was just apt.

Surely its going to be one of the most favored locations for my stay in future.

Room Tip: Try and get rooms looking to the swimming pool side and not the main road side, since its not that g...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rinkasamir
R_Louzado, General Manager at Fortune Acron Regina, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your time and a positive review of our resort. We are pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay.

We thank you once again for your great comments and look forward to your future visit! and would await your next visit so that you can avail more of our services and have another such holiday to cherish!

Raju Louzado,
General Manager,
Fortune Select Regina, Goa
hyderabad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

The hotel was good overall but the add-ons were dissappointing. I took the carnival package for 1400 rupees per person but the atmosphere was hardly rocking. Apart from us, there were nobody on the dance floor. I liked the proximity to the beaches from the hotel, they also have a complimentary shuttle service to condolim beach.

Room Tip: dont take pool rooms by paying any extra amount.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank omer1825
, General Manager at Fortune Acron Regina, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
Dear Sir,

at the onset, i am glad you liked the hotel overall and had a comfortable stay with us.

in regards to your disappointment with the Carnival, primarily as you did not find the atmosphere rocking and the fact that there was no one other than you on the floor is truly regrettable. it shall be our endeavor to ensure that you have a great time, the next time you are here with us.

looking forward to meeting you during your next visit.

Aseem Varma
Mumbai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

We booked this hotel through a travel agent primarily because we thought being part of ITC Group it had to be reasonably good. The hotel is not on a beach which was ok with us because we were on a short trip. If you expect a nice view from your hotel room this hotel is not for you. It is in the middle of a residential locality at the end of a narrow lane and your room will overlook some very ordinary apartment blocks. When we arrived we were surprised that there was no one willing to park the car for us, but worse the doorman pointed us to a car park adjoining the hotel. The security guard there would not let the car in saying there was no parking space available. When I pointed out some parking slots he reluctantly let me in with no apology. When I pointed this out at the reception they apolgised but over the next couple of days we still did not see any arrangement for help in parking the car. When we were shown up to the rooms we were disappointed to see water trickling from the false ceiling across the entire corridor outide the rooms. The false ceilings were black with grime. No proper explanation or apology was offered. Worst of all when we checked-in we were asked to pay for the rooms although the rooms were pre-paid. When I pointed this out they said ok. Next day I spoke to my travel agent who confirmed that payment had been made and he had rre-confirmed this with the hotel accounts department. At the time of checkout two days later, at 5 in the morning, the reception cashier again said we needed to pay for the room as they had no record of payment. To save time we asked them to collect the payment by credit card but destroy the slips after they confirmed that payment had been received from the travel agent. After promising to do this they still encashed the credit card slip with the result that they too payment twice! Our travel agent has promised to get the credit card payment revised. We had asked for some sandwiches to be packed for our drive back and offered to give them nice plastic boxes we had brought with us. After being assured that it was not necessary and that they would be able to pack them nicely we were surprised to find in the morning that the sandwiches were delivered to the room in a tray! Then they wrapped them in some clingwrap paper and put in a plastic bag. So poorly packed the sanwiches were pretty unedible by the time we opened them at 9 am. They were not even what we had ordered! Its not a bad property and the service effort is tolerable alrthough delivery is terrible. It is a 5-star hotel only in name and is pretty poorly managed.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Rajashekar
, General Manager at Fortune Acron Regina, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Dear Mr. Rajashekar,

Fortune Select Regina, Goa..

Personal Regards,