Took a trip with family with two deluxe rooms. The location - which is way too inside with a small board on the main Candolim - Aguada road that can be missed, I wasn't too happy with the distance from Calangute. Although I knew I was away, I'd say the distance was a bit from happening places - restaurants, pubs etc.
The room was great, comfortable with all amenities one requires. TV channels were limited but that wasn't the purpose of my holiday. Staff and Service was awesome - taken good care of us. The breakfast was wide spread, lot of choices - like a usual 4 star! The gym was sufficient for holiday time, I didn't really wanted to do weights. Swimming pool was for leisure so I'd say it was fine.
The disappointment was the dinner. We went to the Orchid - the same as breakfast cafe - ordered starters - fish and prawns - both average, followed by Goan chicken xacuti - below average and fish curry - again goan - which was very bland and lacked flavors. The dessert was a cheesecake which was pathetic as well. The dinner should be avoided at all cost. Point to note : we didn't opt for the buffet that other families opted for - since my family didn't like the concept and food didn't look appetizing too well. Lack of restaurants in this time was a tad disappointing.
Also, avoid taking car/taxi/bike from the hotel's outsourced vendors - he is expensive and gives a higher quote just cause of no1 being around. Walk down to the main road, turn left and there's a taxi guy there who gives bike/car on hire.
Take this hotel if you'd like to stay in most of the times and explore areas other than Calangute/Baga. The property is nice, decent value for money otherwise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in a quiet, peaceful location in this colorful and vibrant city is Fortune Select Regina, a contemporary upscale full service luxury Goan Portuguese resort with 102 rooms and suites, located off the main road to Fort Aguada in Candolim, the leisure Riviera of Goa. The hotel is just a short walk from the inviting beaches of North Goa and 45 minute drive from the international airport at Dabolim. Overlooking the verdant rice fields and hills with wide, panoramic views to its east including the main Candolim Church, it is a place where vibrant energy blends with comfortable architecture, offering an ideal destination for a memorable holiday or a perfect business trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ClearTrip, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Fortune Acron Regina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fortune Select Regina Hotel Candolim
- Fortune Acron Regina Goa/Candolim