“nice hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 63 Hotels in Candolim
Noida
“nice hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

This is my second stay in fortune chain, and i am loving it. Nice comfortable, new properties, good food and location. This one is half a km from the beach, the beach is not crowded very clean, no people running after you.

The service is very good, staff go beyond normal routine to help you, child friendly.

Room Tip: No sea view rooms.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank nitinitin
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Delhi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Come February and the pressure of celebrating THE Anniversary starts mounting up…

This year it had to be GOA , my best half was determined to visit this sunny beachy holidaying land, primarily due to my constant chirping about the colourful, energetic night life of the northern part of this beautiful erstwhile Portuguese colony which I had experienced during my last visit , by MySelf….

Budgets were drawn, and our pockets were laid out. We zeroed onto the FORTUNE property in North Goa, the happening area of GOA, in comparison to the sedate South. The Fortune Regina is not ON the beach. The Beach is a 15 min leisurely walk to the far side of Candolim Beach and the Hotel also provides free shuttle service. The reason for choosing FORTUNE was that it is an ITC Welcomgroup brand and this worked in it’s favor. The bookings were made through exchange of emails, telecalls and scanned copy of the upperside of my credit card .

Our early morning flight from New Delhi was delayed by One Hour. As our Package included airport transfers, I located my name on the Placard being held by a man standing outside the airport arrival area and acknowledged him assuredly.
…the Arrival was delayed, the Taxi was from Outside Vendor and as a result, no greetings were exchanged …. The Driver Started moving towards the parking area, with us trailing behind him, pulling our large luggage….

In 45 mins , our taxi enters a residential colony and after many bumps on the dusty road, we reach our Hotel. The Security Guard checks & clears our luggage and we land on the Reception Desk. The Diligent Boy on the Desk informs , he will have to charge the card for our entire stay upfront. I told him that usually our card is blocked for the amount and charged only when we settle our final bill. But he would have none of it , stating the Company Policy etc…. We then had to call the gentleman who confirmed our reservations to sort out the matter & the needful was done. The Start of Our Vacation started with a Start .

Our Luxury Room Facing the Swimming pool was allotted on the Top floor ( 4th Floor) , first Impression was of sort relief but soon our hopes started crumbling….

Beer is the most important part of my vacation, especially if its a beach vacation, so I immediately reached for the minibar. .. surprise- surprise , the refrigerator was barely working, keeping the contents only slightly cooler than the room temperature!

Then there was a Strange Bad Smell in the Loo, followed by Missing Battery Cover of the TV remote, cobwebs behind the door in the Loo, rust marks on the towel hanger in the balcony , Single Tooth Brush in a DOUBLE Occupancy room and Lovely view of Pool (backed by large agricultural Fields, some portion of the Back areas of the hotel).

Not wishing to spoil to my Mood, I call up room service and request them to send up a chilled Bottle of my favorite Brand. While I lay in the Bed enjoying the wonderfully Large KING size Bed, with very comfortable Mattress and extremely soft and cushy Pillows, which incidentally were few of the Better Part of our stay. I must add here that after Lemon Tree Amarante Goa, this was the best sleep I had in a Hotel ever.

Coming back to my indulgences, the Beer Sent by the 5 Star Room Service was anything but Chilled. My first reaction for the hapless server was of astonishment, anger and disbelief that a how come in a place like GOA , they cannot have chilled Beer ???, Restraining myself, I sent the Beer back and called for a CHILLED replacement again, informing them that Chilled is supposed to be 16 Degree Celsius…. After 15 minutes, a new bottle is sent up to my room (presumably Chilled by keeping in ICE Cubes for 10 minutes). Sighing in Desperation, I asked him to keep the bottle and allow me to enjoy the beginning of our vacation.

Buffet Lunch was very good for Start but the BEER accompanying the Lunch was again Warm….Think they need to check their refrigeration equipment and inventory planning because excuses like, sir , we just finished last night because of a party blah blah blah…is unacceptable.
However, my wife’s drink was Good, quite good, and we started outlining our evening plans.

The Hindi and English speaking Russian Concierge Katya at the desk was helpful in planning our Night out, directing us to the Saturday Night Market (Ingos) in Arpora. Scooter was hired from outside the Hotel and a lovely experience was undertaken. Katya also helped us in planning our next day sightseeing.

One Interesting sight on the first day was a security personnel standing in the SUN on the patch next to pathway leading to lift . He was keeping vigil over the Sun Worshipers, by the pool. I found this quite objectionable but held my peace for some more time trying to churn out a logical answer for this horrendous idea. Next day, I saw him helping the pool users with the Deck Chairs and stopping non resident guests from going to hotel rooms.

I shared this observation of mine with Mr. Suresh (F&B Head) and next day the security personnel was re - positioned in a shade, little away from the sun bathers, without affecting his duties.

The Spa was OK , nothing great but no negatives either.

Two days in the week, the Hotel organizes a Fish market in the Hotel Premises, for the many Russian tourists staying nearby, where the guests can choose the sea food to be grilled or cooked in what ever way they fancy. Live Music , Little Bazaar for Local Indian Clothes , souvenirs and nick knacks are laid out. Fine Ambience. But why only English music , when 99% of the guest participating in this occasion were Russians ??? They can get a Russian singer along with the English one.

Evening Buffets were almost Same everyday, although quite a good spread… Salads, Indian savories, Cheese, cold cuts, Cut fruits, Soups, Chinese , continental ,Indian but never a local GOAN Item except for the ever present Bibenka and Dodol in the Desserts Section. The Ice cream had ice chunks in it. Desserts were totally un –interesting. Even in the case of Ice Creams, there was no selection on offer. Instead there was the Concept of “ice-cream for the Day”. Nothing more, nothing less. I was wondering that even a 5 Star property has to resort to such cost cutting…

Akhsay and Suneet in Front Office and Suresh and Narayanan in F&B Service were helpful and courteous.

No body remembered our anniversary, despite the fact that this was brought up while booking and during check-in ☹. A small flower bouquet or a congratulatory box of chocolate or just a smiling wish would have defiantly reassured our faith in marriage. ☺

One Day we ordered for Irish Coffee and got Baily’s Irish Cream instead. Food was tasty but menu planning quite unimaginative. This was pointed out by my wife to Suresh and he did take action on that immediately . On last day, we did see the changes happening.

After 5 Nights-6 Days, it’s time for our Last Lunch in the Property. I Order for Fish and Chips and a Chilled Bottle of Beer. And YES you guessed it right… the BEER was warm, again sent the poor server back for replacement. In 5 minutes I get a Call from Room Service asking for 15 Minutes more to send the chilled Beer. In my mind I wearily think: “the drill starts again….”
As our return flight time was fast approaching, with a heavy heart I had to cancel my order for Beer and Left GOA with a promise never to come and stay in this hotel again, despite experiencing here one of my best sleeps ever….

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ashish C
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

Horrible rooms, most inadequately staffed.

We were allotted 3 pool facing rooms and we had all sorts of problems from gutter like smell in the bathrooms, a/c's leaking, bath tubs clogged,shower stalls leaking, unclean linens amongst others.

This is inspire of a personal request from an ITC employee. No one from the upper management bothered to contact us in spite of repeated complaints.

One of our group members has come down with a severe skin rash after the stay.
Terribly slow service at the front desk. Their copy machine doesn't work and you are expected to wait endlessly till they can complete the check in formalities.

Very very poor quality of table setting, unclean silver ware at the breakfast set up.
They set up the table the previous night so next morning at breakfast, everything is laden with mist and dew drops.

Most pathetic hotel. Everything from service, quality of rooms, house keeping,
Mr.Gagan, Mr.Akshay SUCKED big time.

We visit Goa at least twice a year and this has been the worst experience ever. We were most let down, disappointed, aggrieved, and what a waste of money.

They have to yet refund our 10k which they had incorrectly charged. It's been over 10 days. Like everything else about the hotel even their finance department sucks.
Am surprised ITC has fallen down to such shoddy levels of service.

Payal Shah

Mr, Akshay

Room Tip: Horrible hotel, unsanitary conditions at the hotel, smelly bathrooms, unclean linen. Why would you...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank PayalShah2012
Pune, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

My wife was booked this hotel through her Company as there was some special offer going on. We came in an hour before actual check in time and the Receptionist convinced us to occupy one of the executive rooms on the 3rd Floor which was alterd for double occupancy.
The room was noce and had a decent balcony and Furnishings were done tasefully. the staff who escorted us to the room was pleasent though did not acquaint us with basic Hotel areas.
Breakfast was eclectic and had something for all taste.
Request for late checkout was not accepted giving some frivoulous reasons though we did check out a couple of hours late!
Overall, the staff was found wanting in basic hosptality ettiquete probably 'cause thats the way MNCs manage local Guests especially at the Reception.

Room Tip: Don't come in before 2 pm and try getting Room facing the pool.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

We had a fantastic time at this homely hotel. All credit goes to the general manager. most of the staf were courtious.we had a couple of issues, which were certainly handeled swiftly and to our satisfactio by Mr Aseem Varma.. The breakfast was good with lots of choice.Sugestion, Add to that whole wheat flour to make Puris, Rotis, Bread, etc.etc. The staff in the dining room were fantastic under the excellent management of Suresh, a young father, with whom we became very friendly.
The swimming pool could be a little bigger,and there was no shuttle service to the beech which was a good eight minutes walk. We had no problem with this. We had a well mantained room, with a beautifull view,nice and quiet. We will certainly go back to this hotel and enjoy the company of all the wonderfull new friends we made.

Thank you all.

Kulsum & Sherali Hassan . .

Room Tip: top floor.with full view,pool view and superio with bath tub.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Leiloo1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Candolim
1.8 km away
0.7 km away
Seashell Beach Suites
Seashell Beach Suites
#2 of 63 in Candolim

Been to Fortune Acron Regina? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK