“Best Tiger Prawns in Goa”
Review of Victor's

Victor's
Ranked #33 of 363 Restaurants in Candolim
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Not the best surroundings but the food is fantastic. There are only a few tables and you have to book in advance. Well worth the wait for a table. Tiger prawns were fantastic and served with the best Bombay potatoes I have ever had.

1  Thank Sparrows3

Reviewed 3 December 2013

I was expecting something amazing after reading previous reviews but found the food was average and nothing that you would not find elsewhere although the prawn pate was good.
We did come here a second time during our stay but was put off by all the flies and insects.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We have just returned from Candolim Goa today and promised myself I would write my first review when I returned.
The reviews that we read about Victors before going to Goa proved to be great advise.
We ate at Victors on 4 separate occasions, every time the food was amazing, between myself and my wife we had (over 4 nights)
Dressed crab
Prawn Pate (twice)
Seafood Platter
Tiger Prawns (twice)
Fillet Steak
Shark fish
Lobster

Every one of these meals were cooked to perfection,
Victor is a fascinating person to talk to, and can be a little embarrassed when complimenting him on his cooking skills and quality.
Victor is a very calm, kind and humble person, on one occasion he cooked Shark fish for me even though it was not on the menu.
If it is your first time going to Victors, do not be put off or deceived by the appearance of his place, you will not be disappointed from the minute you arrive.
Victors Food is as fresh as you could get it, Victor hand picks from his fish farm or fishes for it the same day that you will be eating it, he is very honest and will not accept second best when selecting his fish.
Victor and his son Haden made us very welcome on each occasion we ate there,
Strongly recommend Victors, if you did not go at least once, your trip to Goa would not be complete

Very satisfied Andy & Jane

2  Thank andyjohnson534
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I have always meant to go to Victors but never have in the past mainly because of the fact that you have to book at least a day prior and decide what food you want at that time together with the fact that it is a shack not a mainstream restaurant.
We decided to bite the bullet this year and I am glad we did. On the night we attended (Thurs) there were 15 diners and we were 'Serenaded' throughout from an adjacent Hari Krishna style temple.
I had a dressed crab and the wife a prawn cocktail starter, my main course was fillet steak with two large tiger prawns and the wife king prawns both served with vegetables and Bombay potatoes.
The food was fresh, plentiful and cooked to perfection the bill with drinks was less than £10 per head. I would leave this one until towards the end of your holiday as it may undermine some of the other restaurants.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Spottys shack is at the end of beach road in centre of candolim, spottys real name is victor, spottys food is always good.

2  Thank TATTOOMANLEEDS