“Peaceful Place with a wonderful view on Colomb bay”
Review of Boom Shankar

Boom Shankar
Ranked #624 of 3,448 Restaurants in Goa
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Bar, Seafood, European, Pub
Good for: Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
SaarLouis, Germany
“Peaceful Place with a wonderful view on Colomb bay”
Reviewed 31 January 2010

While on holiday in Patnem/Palolem i walk every day to the restaurant and enjoy the nice food and the beutiful view. A perfect place in the afternoon because of a steady sea breeze.
Nice Service, very lovely people including the owner. Try Tomato Mozzarella or poached egg with spinach and chili-honey jam for breakfast.

2 Thank Haput
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Mumbai, India
“Boom shankar, Patnem - rude behaviour and racial discrimination”
Reviewed 28 November 2009

I am currently based in Canacona and was down at Boom Shankar for a sunset drink with some friends. Some magnificent views of the sunset from there.

Just as I stepped out of my jeep in their parking lot, a man from the restaurant (i found out later, was the owner himself!) told me in a rude and curt voice that I couldnt park my vehicle there as it was too big and there wouldnt be enough space for others to come in. I reminded him politely that i was not parking and leaving, but stepping into his restaurant. He wouldnt have anything to do with it. So we drove and parked outside.

I would have driven off and found another nice shack with a view, but one of the friends in my group is a regular there. When she heard what had happened in the parking lot, she went up to this man and tried to get an explanation out of him, she was told that he didnt want "these kind of customers" in his restaurant. I found out what he'd said much later - else for sure we'd have left and found somewhere else to go.

In actual fact, the 4 of us sat there and gave him I think his biggest single business for the evening as besides us, there was just one other table occupied for the entire time we were there.

I am not quite sure what kind of customers this man at Boom Shankar actually would like, but he obviously doesnt want the kind that pay good money. He should put a board outside his restaurant clearly specifying who is welcome and who isnt. Its pretty apparent from his attitude that he hasnt a clue about hospitality.

10 Thank rsw1201