“Good service--good basic hotel”

Hampton Inn Alamogordo
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Alamogordo
Nashville
“Good service--good basic hotel”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We had a very good basic room, but what made me give a great rating was the service we received at this Hampton. The lady at the front desk went out of her way to open up the sun porch outside the pool early one morning. They also have sleds they will loan you to use at White Sands. They had a list of resturants to hand out at the front desk and we visited two of them. Breakfast was typical and room amenities were good. Only negatives were that our a/c didn't work very well in our room and the mattresses on the bet were too soft for me--seemed a bit old.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Pam L
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Colorado
Reviewed 10 April 2012

This pool is one of the cleanest and largest indoor pools I've used in a hotel. My three kids had a great time here. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was everything you'd expect. I have only good things to say about this property and the management. Everything was great.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank TouristCJ
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Went to White Sands on a weekend trip.
This Hampton has the nicest pool and hot tub I've seen. Nice and clean. Adjacent to a Chili's and across the street from Golden Corral.
Breakfast was pretty good.
Only drawback was the walls seem too thin. I guess its my fault but I asked for a downstairs room. Apparently a family with a couple over-active kids had the room above us. Heard them running back and forth unitl about 11:00 pm and started up about 6:30 am. Could hear several showers running, toilets flushing etc.
Not the managements fault. Thought they were great. Will stay there again, just upstairs.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank joeboe57
Rochester, NY
Reviewed 9 February 2012

We enjoy the Hampton Inns, and stay often when we travel. Physically they're all pretty much the same, so the evaluation is in the execution, and this one falls a little short. We were in 216, a handicap room because there were no other kings left. The handicap room had an ordinary tub shower with extra grips and the bathroom was big enough for a wheelchair, but if you are mobility challenged, beware that you'll need to climb into a tub to take a shower, unlike the usual handicap bathroom stall shower. All of my complaints are small, but all in all they add up to a less than expected performance. Usually there are three or four bath towels at a Hampton, here there are two. The hooks on the back of the bathroom door were loose and almost falling off. The hot water isn't hot, it's only pretty warm, and showers are taken with only hot water on. The shower head is at the end of a hose, but the attachment to the wall is too low for tall people (I'm 6' 3”) and anyway the holder for the head is loose so the shower aims at the drain and won't stay up. The rubber tub mat was not taken up when the room was cleaned and the tub was not cleaned. With only about six people at breakfast when we arrived, the coffee had run out and was not replaced for about ten minutes. And so on. The bed was comfortable, the lighting was good, the TV was fine, so everything was OK, but not up to expectations.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Cedar Park, Texas
Reviewed 6 January 2012

This Hampton in Alamogordo is an ok hotel for us. Let me start with the positive. The front desk personnel was really nice. I requested to be moved to another room and she gladly moved me. They served breakfast like any other Hampton Inn. The room is clean and when we requested for some items, they provided. Basically what you need is here, a place to sleep, clean and safe and a good breakfast. The internet is fast. But if you want or expect something nicer, this is not it. Alamogordo is not a huge city, so I wasn't expecting much. They have an indoor pool by the way.

The price for the night we stayed, I would not say it was cheap because of the hotel condition. The hotel lobby and rooms looks dated. But still clean and you can sleep. The breakfast area is small, you have to wait sometimes when there's a lot of people. This is probably an older Hampton and it needs updating. As per their website when I booked, I believe they are going to do some renovations. So maybe next time, it might look and feel better. I'm a Hhonors member so I might still check this Hampton again before booking another hotel in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family