“Chandigarh:"City Beautiful" of India”
Review of Chandigarh

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
chandigarh
5 helpful votes
“Chandigarh:"City Beautiful" of India”
Reviewed 13 February 2009

Chandigarh is the first planned city of India situated near the foot belt of shivalik hills. The cool breeze and the sudden feeling of the carpet road welcomes you right when u enter. Chandigarh is the capital of two states. Beautiful roundabouts, clean lanes, with the greenery all round are a must to see. As a tourist, one must visit Sukhna Lake (first artificial lake) Rock Garden and Rose garden. One can't restrict himself to visit the market hub that is sector 17. Public transport is bit expensive as compared to other metro but easily available. In sector 35, one could avail any 3 three star hotel @ 800 - 1000 per day. It is always better to hire a pre paid taxi for voyage. Chandigarh is well known for its conduct and it is the first city of India where polythene bags & public smoking are banned. I bet you will fall in love with it at first sight

5 Thank nikunj_garg
faridabad
“chandigarh-truly magnificent”
Reviewed 6 December 2008

i would like to share my views for chandigarh. it takes about 6-7 hours to reach chandigarh from delhi by road and the way in between is beautiful with green mustard fields falling on both the sides of road dotted with 'dhabas' that is roadside restaurants.
chandigarh is a small city with each and every type of luxury.it is also one of the most well planned cities of india.it is divided into blocks known as sectors starting from1 to (i think) 78,excluding sector 13 because it was considered inauspicious by the planner who planned.
it is a tourist hotspot and has many beautiful attractions, the main shopping area in the city is in sector 17 whrre the whole sector is made up by the market.from restaurants to cloth house, you name it and you will get it there.there are many attractions namely rock garden,a park made entirely out of waste products, sukhna lake,rose garden etc.
though i cannot tell you about staying at hotels as i stayed at my friends house but there are many hotels in chandigarh fit for every budget.
one can even take the ride of the city by taking an open air bus which i saw at sukhna lake
chandigarh is a foodie's paradise, almost all types of cuisines can be enjoyed at different places in chandigarh.
this is one of the most magnificent city one can ever see from my opinion
hope this will help you to know the city better and if anyone has any questions can contact me via e mail

Surat
3 helpful votes
“My most favorite place in North India”
Reviewed 7 November 2008

I have seen Chandigarh, it's a very beautiful place to visit. Whenever we go to some places (outside), we always think of facilities of our home city. But I find it reverse in Chandigarh, we never think of leaving the city. I must say it's heaven on earth, because every thing is so systematic & planned that you will force to think that this is not INDIA. The hotels, restraunt, shops, complexes etc... are world class. The 17 sector market is one of the best market I have ever seen in my life. Moreover, the uniqe masterpiece is Rock Garden, you will never find such thing any where in INDIA. The beauty of Rose Garden always reamins in my mind. I have seen that the more & more gardens are coming up in diffrent sectors, which are very good for childrens. In the morning, I find people are jogging on roadsides even at 0500 hrs,such a peacful city it is. I wish I would have one beautiful house in Chandigarh after retirement, so that the life will be more clam, outside th hustle bustle of other cities.

india
“The City Bautiful Of India”
Reviewed 6 November 2008

The city beautiful of india...
the most clean and pollution free city you can visit or even imagine...
designed by LE CORBUSIER...it's main attractions include rose garden(one of the largest of asia)which has over 200 varieties of roses.
next is the rock garden, a beautiful example of reusability of the waste.. it has beautiful dolls made of broken bangles to doors made of broken cups... a beautiful example of art and waste..
the clean roads and beautiful places gardens.. make it my first choice for a relaxed vacation..

Ambala
1 helpful vote
“Best City in north india according to me”
Reviewed 6 November 2008

According to me chandigarh is the best city in the north india. city is totally planned. divied in sectors with wide roads... roads are cleans and markets are good. we can find very good tourist places like sukhna lake, rose gardan etc.

The best place according to me is sector 17's market. it is a huge market with good atmospher. on every saturday there are some kind of shows (street shows).

and most importent people of chandigarh are nice and helpful. and u will love the food here. i visited hot millions in sec 17..........that was supurbbbbbbbbb.............. hummmiiiiiiii

bike riding in evening is great. i love to live here for ever.

Been to Chandigarh? Share your experiences!