“Best quality in Tricity...No comparison!!”

JW Marriott Hotel Chandigarh
Ranked #1 of 100 Hotels in Chandigarh
Chandigarh, India
“Best quality in Tricity...No comparison!!”
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

Great place to visit. Chef Taj always prepares the best food for us. Every time he prepares new and exciting dish for your taste buds. I recommend all to visit this place if you are a food lover. And Kids favourite place too:-)

Stayed January 2017, travelled with family
Rubal_Chaudhry1, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Chandigarh, responded to this review, 10 January 2017
Dear Guest,

I appreciate the review and the rating you have given us. Chef Taj will be glad to know that you mentioned him in your review, I will definitely convey your kind words to him. Thanks for recommending us to others on this portal. Guests like you motivate us to keep improving our services. I hope you visit us again whenever you're in town.

Rubal Chaudhry
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
Chandigarh, India
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

Went twice there for food only. We had buffet dinner there and really yummy food. I never had that tasty food before. It was really good experience and will definitely plan for future. My recommendations for everyone. Must go once to experience the luxury of the hotel.

Stayed December 2016, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I'm so glad that you have written to us about your experience at our hotel. I really appreciate it when our guests share their feedback and suggestions too. Thanks for recommending us and our dinner buffet, it means a lot to the entire team. Our chefs love to hear from our guests and they will be glad to know that the buffet was mentioned. We hope you visit us again whenever you're in town. It's a pleasure having guests like you.

New Delhi
Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

This was our first trip with children to The hotel . We had stayed earlier as a couple and I must compliment Marriott for not only the hardware but the impeccable training they give To the team. Not only is everyone polite and very forthcoming but also knowledgable about the hotel. The breakfast is a must must do whether you are a frugal eater or a voracious one like us. It's got the variety and served very well. Chef Taj at the coffee shop was a delight in all our visits and ensured that we were taken care of.
The rooms are great and spacious and we were fortunate to get upgraded to a suite on request. Huge space especially with kids.
The spa and the treatment will lull you into relaxation .
Over all I commend the hotel and its team

Stayed January 2017, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your great review about our staff. They would be delighted to hear that you have appreciated their efforts. Customer satisfaction is our number one priority, and I am pleased to hear you were satisfied with our services. We work really hard at preparing the best breakfast menu, and I’m glad to know that you thoroughly enjoyed it. Chef Taj always appreciates kind words. I’m glad to hear that you found the room accommodating enough for you and your family. Further, I’m also glad to note you enjoyed the spa treatment. It was a pleasure having you at our hotel, we hope to serve you again soon.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 6 January 2017

We landed in this hotel after having booked well in advance and also having paid the full amount by credit card (Yes they charged us despite booking on booking.com). But on arrival they said our rooms were not ready (at 6 PM) and then they said we don't have non-smoking rooms - that's when I lost my cool since I have asthma - I had specifically requested for non-smoking rooms. When I asked for the manager - the person who was checking us said - he is the manager!!!! So that's the service you get from a Manager!

Room Tip: Ensure your requests are clearly documented!
  • Stayed December 2016, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I appreciate that you took the time to write to us and share your experience. I regret the inconvenience caused to you and am terribly sorry that your room booking was not as per your requirements. I am looking into the matter and can assure you that such an incident will never be repeated. We do our best to ensure your stay at our hotel is a comfortable and satisfactory one which is why your feedback is important to us. I have taken note of your experience and will take necessary corrective measures towards bettering our services. Do visit us again, I promise a better experience and a more comfortable stay.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

As we had a long stay of 7 nights, we had written to the GM Mr Rubal Chaudhry and had requested for a room on the top floor in a quiet area. When we checked in, we were told by Ravi and Prithvi at the Front Desk, that the hotel was full and a room on the top floor was unavailable, even after our request was confirmed via email by the GM ! To add to our disappointment, we were given a room which looked absolutely dated and required urgent renovation.
We left our luggage in the room and went to the Taj Mahal Hotel and checked out the room over there - the room shown to us was not as spacious as the one at Marriott, but it was certainly not as shabby looking and dated. We returned to Marriott and told the Front desk that we wished to check out and move to the Taj as our request was not honoured. At that moment 2 ladies at the Front office - Mukta and Rohini intervened and later on gave us a room which seemed better than the earlier one.
Breakfast and dinner at the Cafe@JW were good. We were really PAMPERED by Executive Chef Naveen, Chef Debashis, Chef Vijay and Chef Rakesh and Chef Janardhan and Captain Devendra. The F&B Manager Ankur was also very courteous and helpful. These guys REALLY ensured that we were well looked after. The buffet spreads for breakfast and dinner were good.
What we noticed during our 7 night stay was that :
a)the crockery in the Cafe was chipped
b)when cleaning tables, the waiters would throw food crumbs on the floor
c)the Management staff was very good but the rest of the staff lacked training.
d)Chandigarh Baking Co.(CBC) the small cafe in the lobby has extremely untrained staff. The service too at the CBC is pathetic. We keep waving at the waiters and waitress for taking our order, but they do not respond. When they do, a simple chicken sandwich takes around 45 mins to be served (the sandwich too was very badly prepared).
e)the staff handling the reception desk for the NYE celebration was also untrained and rather pushy.
Well, all this was amply compensated by the staff I have mentioned above.We met Vikas Kumar, Director of Operations just when we were checking out and we narrated all our experiences - good and bad -to him.
The hotel enjoys a very central location in Sector 35 and the sightseeing spots and Elante Mall are also not very far off. Uber cabs are very economical, unlike in Bombay. A very surprising thing we noticed was that the auto rickshaws were more expensive than Uber !
Chandigarh is a very well-planned city(thanks to Le Corbusier) with very courteous and polite people.
We had a very good stay in the City Beautiful.

Stayed December 2016, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I appreciate the time taken by you to write to us in detail regarding your experience at our hotel. I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused at the start of your stay. There seemed to have been a gap in communication from our end due to which there was an issue in your booking. I deeply regret the incident and I assure you that such an instance will never repeat. Corrective measures will be taken to ensure this does not happen to you or any other guests in the future. I'm glad that our chefs were able to pamper you to your delight. Our kitchen boasts of the best chefs and the best in culinary skills. Chef Naveen, Chef Debashis, Chef Vijay, Chef Rakesh, Chef Janardhan, Captain Devendra and our F and B manager, Ankur will be ecstatic to know that they were mentioned in your review. We understand, though, that your overall experience wasn't as pleasant as we hoped it would be. We have taken note of all the issues you faced during your stay and are escalating it via appropriate channels. Every problem faced will be looked into individually. It is our constant endeavour to better our services and more importantly, to please our guests. Your experience on our property is of utmost importance to us and we make it a priority to ensure that you enjoy your stay here. I'm sure Mr. Vikas Kumar is already looking into the matters you faced with the staff. We appreciate that you mentioned that our F and B staff were courteous and helpful and that you enjoyed the breakfast and dinner spreads. We hope you drop by for a stay at our hotel once again. We recommend you give our spa a try, it's an excellent way to unwind.