“Excellent place ...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mainland China

Mainland China
Ranked #13 of 1,491 Restaurants in Chandigarh
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Mumbai
“Excellent place ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

The place was exactly on par with its Mumbai counterparts ... centrally located, great food and decor coupled with excellent service. The staff was particularly helpful and for wine lovers – they have an excellent collection.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank VeeEmm
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Chandigarh, Chandigarh, India
“Oh Fish!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

I'd still say that as of today, the 9th of July 2012, Rs 470 for a non-veg buffet is rather inexpensive.

Funny thing is that some of the starters were missing the second time I visited (last week). The place has a decent ambiance, what I find odd is the otherwise pleasant waiters that'll spook you every once in a while to ask you how the food is. I think the next time, I'll put a placard on my back saying "food's really good, don't spook me, thank you." HEY! they even play Chinese music but you'll have to strain your ears to hear it. At least it's better than the Jagjit Singh ghazals at Shangri-la, Chandigarh.

What'd'ya say about the buffet, it's good, the dimsum, the funny-named chicken that I don't remember, the shrimp (ARRGH! I'm allergic to sea food, how sad, I almost died the last time I ate prawns), the veges and mushrooms that you can get sauteed and have it served on your table, the soup, the tea, the lemonade...it's all good, all good but then...you put some FISH in your plate and that's the end of the story.

From there, you attain a higher level of conscience, the fish is good, the fish is fantastic, the fish is delectable, the fish is God and all this coming from a guy who's not particularly fond of fish.

Oh My God! I buy the buffet only to eat the fish, lots of it, as much as I can, even if my tummy explodes. Sometimes I swallow it, sometimes I chew it, sometimes I just wiggle it in my mouth for a while before doing something to it. God bless the fish, for I know not which fish it is, i know not how it's made, all I know is that I eat the fish and I love it.

Culinary fish-experts might eat this fish and find my review childish, inappropriate and may even dub me "illiterate" but again Oh My God, that fish is lovely and I don't care what they call me. In non-veg, I only eat chicken but this fish has had my allegiance shifted in its favor. Every time I go to MC, I don't care about anything else except the Fish and I ensure that nothing else occupies my tummy but the Fish (well maybe some sauteed broccoli and some mushrooms as well).

Desserts are nothing to be proud of, there's this funny fried stuff covered in sugar, you could put some chocolate sauce on it and it tastes interesting for sure. The custard's not bad (I steal all the kiwi fruit from the center of it; I like kiwi) the rest of it is rather...ummm! I dunno why it's there, it's not bad but what the heck, they should've had something nicer there. But then I hardly have any space left in my tummy to try all that crap of overloaded sugar that'll make my brain stupid.

Vegetarians...umm! They say that the food's good, I tried some of it and I feel sad that they don't eat Fish; they should.

• Visited July 2012
Jaipur, India
“Authentic chinese food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2012

All items were excellent, specially Spring rolls, American choupsy and soup

Visited June 2012
“Excellent chinese food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

I went to this restaurant first time when i was in chandigarh, and i loved the food here, it is really gud and very gud service. Although its speciality is chinese food, however i tries a desert as well, a choclate browie which was just as gud as their chinese food.

Visited April 2012
“Great chinese experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012 via mobile

The food was excellent. It was a great experience. Try the desserts. The wanton soup was great. A bit expensive but its worth it. Authentic chinese! Nice ambience. Overall, special! Do try once. I have never had such chinese food.

• 3 of 5 bubbles