1,285 results
All reviewsonce upon a timemidnight biryanivalue for moneyexcellent hospitalityroom servicecomfortable staycourteous staffhome away from homehouse keepingexcellent hotelnice place to stayfront officethe hotel staffthe heart of the citynice foodspecial mentionexcellent stay
Reviewed 8 November 2011

The Green Park in Visakhapatnam has an expansive lobby area and reception staff are very friendly. I found the rooms to be in need of refurbishment but they were adequate for a short stay. Even though I asked to changed rooms several times on arrival, my requests were politely and swiftly dealt with. The buffet breakfast was satisfactory, but nothing special, although the range of food available in the Tulips coffee shop was extensive and both good value, as well as tasty. Wifi was slow and intermittent in the rooms and the signal deteriorates considerably the further your room is from the router. A perfectly adequate mid range hotel by international standards.

Room Tip: Ask to change rooms if you don't like the one allocated.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank ExaminerUk
Reviewed 4 November 2011

It is among the good hotels in Vizag and I still remember their hospitality. I personally found the bar very good where you can enjoy game of pool/snooker with a bottle of beer .Overall a nice hotel. the only concern was the internet connectivity ,it was damn slow thankfully I had my data card with me.

Room Tip: Rooms are enough big
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
6  Thank parikshitrathi
Reviewed 4 November 2011

This review is on my second visit to Hotel green Park, Vizag for business purpose.

The hotel is quite decent with good facilities. We suggest to have Lunch / Dinner at "Once upon a time" a buffet restaurant in Hotel instead of Tulip restaurant.
The Variety, taste and quality of Food was marvellous.

We have booked deluxe room, but due to non availability of the room they made us stay in a suit room. The staff is very co-operative.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank Stay_11
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Have been to Green Park even when it was earlier the Hotel Apsara. Any old timer of vizag can vouch for the good food served in Hotel Apsara.
After Green Park Group took over the hotel, except for their midnight biryani which is a big success, food in other restaurants is a sheer waste of money for the food is terrible.
Had been to the restaurant again on my trip from bangalore to vizag, surprisingly their has been no change nor has the management tried to improve their food. Was there in the restaurant on 22nd night with my family for a dinner. Service is very poor and on complaining the so called CAPTAIN arrives and suggest some of the worst dishes i have ever eaten in my life. Fish & Chips ordered was the worst and have never seen tartar sauce being mayonaise+carrot.
ADVICE to anyone going to vizag
There are much better restaurants in vizag which are reasonably priced and very good in taste.
in case you are interested in shelling out a huge sum of money for the worst food in vizag and would like to feel depressed, then go to Tulip restaurant of Green Park - Visakhapatnam
Gurudatta

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank mrgurudatta
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I stayed here as my friend in Vizag knows a senior manager and convinced me again. I did not get a room until 1600hours (though check in is at noon), the club lounge treated me like a drunkard in a dingy bar- they ran out of a particular whisky and I can see the lounge in charge signalling his assistant not to fetch a fresh bottle (mind you, my second and last one!) and well with in their time limit. Next morning, I asked for oats porridge and all I got was raw oats and hot milk as accompaniment! WIFI rarely works and the front desk person charged me rack rate though am on a special rate- so much for their internal communication...
I guess this is a landmark hotel as it seems always full- I will urge all business travelers to look at booking.com or similar sites for more competitive rates in other hotels.

Room Tip: You are better off going to four points or other hotels- am not a travel agent and so please do not even for a moment think, I have any vested interest!!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business