After days of web surfing to find a good weekend destination from Bhubaneswar/ Bhubaneshwar, I finalized Vizag/ Vishakhapatnam/ Visakhapatnam basis recommendation from office colleagues. I realized that
How to reach: By road it is 450 kms from Bhubaneswar and the road is supposed to be superb since entire way is NH5 viz part of Golden Quadrilateral. Other option is train and takes 7-8 hours. Prasanthi Express is best option both ways considering the hotel check-in timings (12 noon).
About the Hotel: The Park is the best hotel you can get especially for the price. I got a deal of Rs5300 per night inclusive of breakfast on Travelguru.com. The property has a very good location on Beach Road where most good hotels are, Submarine (must see since it is a real one) is walking distance, there are huge well maintained lawns in hotel, all rooms overlook the sea, the hotel has a private beach, service is very good.
Below are pros and cons of the hotel:
• View from room is a combination of lawns followed by sea
• Apt room size for family of 3
• Pricing is reasonable
• Private Beach is there right next to the lawns
• Service is excellent- i got food customized for my 2 year old son very promptly
• There is Chess, lawn tennis, table tennis, swimming pool, gym, spa
• Very close to YUDA park
• Close to Kailaisgiri cable car
• Hotel has 4 restaurants- Multi cuisine, South Indian, Pool side cafe & Beach side shack
• Bathroom of standard room is very small so choose the luxury room
• No ventilation in the bathroom
• Food & buffet spread is average
• Food is expensive compared to other similar hotels. Buffet dinner is Rs900 and a coke costs Rs200. In Novotel the buffet costs Rs700
Must do in Vizag:
• Spend time on hotel’s private beach
• Yerada beach is a must visit and takes around 1 hour to go. It is 30 kms away.
• Rushikonda beach- the road to that place has amazing views
Tip: Hire a car for a day. I got one after searching from Just Dial and got a car for Rs1200 (AC Logan) for 8 hours/80 kms. Extra mileage at Rs10/km. Also note, going to any hill like Kailasgiri, way to Yerada etc you have to pay Rs100/200 per hill extra.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Park Visakhapatnam is an urban beach resort overlooking the Bay of Bengal. The surrounding scenic beauty is a treat to the senses and creates a very tranquil atmosphere ideal for unwinding after a hard day’s work. The resort has a private beach area and beautifully manicured gardens with tiled pavilions.One may be forgiven to think that this resort is primarily for the leisure tourist however this is not the case, in fact quite the opposite - majority of the hotel’s guests come on work-related activities. The hotel is conveniently located and offers swift access to the city’s local railway and airport facilities (15 and 30 mins away respectively by car).The dining experience that you get here offers an unparalleled experience enhanced by the backdrop of orange sunsets and the glittering calmness of the sea. Bamboo Bay in its refurbished avatar reflects the rich ethnic heritage of East Indian tribal culture in a uniquely chic way. While Vista offers a highly appetising spread ranging from Pan-Indian to authentic Italian gourmet food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, ClearTrip, Agoda, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Park Visakhapatnam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Park Visakhapatnam Hotel Visakhapatnam
- Park Hotel Visakhapatnam
- The Park Hotel Visakhapatnam
- The Park Visakhapatnam Visakhapatnam (Vizag), Andhra Pradesh