This hotel has a open-air bar called 'The Shack' where I had a beer (two actually) yesterday. Wow - what a location. Easily one of the best locations I have had the pleasure of having a drink and I have been to quite a few bars around in the US and to some in Europe.
I went after sun-set and sat in there. Not many people around, they trickled in later, but still it was a serene environment. It was warm and sultry and the backdrop of Dolphin's Nose with the ships docked far away, and the mist from the waves constantly hitting the rocks just 20 feet away made it an evening to savor.
What is sad is -- the hotel does not advertise The Shack prominently -- not exactly sure why.
Also The Shack is only open from 7:00 PM onwards, but I intend to go there again before 6:00 to see how the sunset dazzles this place and take some pictures and for sure I will head to the bar upstairs and get my drink to the shack and have it there. Hoping for the hotel management to not have an issue with this.
Food -- I just ordered an appetizer and did not like it much as it was heavy on the salt side. The Indians in general do like their salt :-). Hope they correct this in the future.
Looking forward to visit again.
If you go -- be prudent about your choice of drinks. I think some western brands are heavily priced, which did not matter to me as when in India I'd love my Indian drinks. Also make sure it is not an extremely warm day, more like an extremely hot day otherwise it could get uncomfortable. Of course if it does get uncomfortable you can always walk up to the bar on the 4th floor and still get a stunning view, but the warm, sultry breeze hitting your face would be missing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Park Visakhapatnam is an urban beach resort overlooking the Bay of Bengal. The surrounding scenic beauty is a treat to the senses and creates a very tranquil atmosphere ideal for unwinding after a hard day’s work. The resort has a private beach area and beautifully manicured gardens with tiled pavilions.One may be forgiven to think that this resort is primarily for the leisure tourist however this is not the case, in fact quite the opposite - majority of the hotel’s guests come on work-related activities. The hotel is conveniently located and offers swift access to the city’s local railway and airport facilities (15 and 30 mins away respectively by car).The dining experience that you get here offers an unparalleled experience enhanced by the backdrop of orange sunsets and the glittering calmness of the sea. Bamboo Bay in its refurbished avatar reflects the rich ethnic heritage of East Indian tribal culture in a uniquely chic way. While Vista offers a highly appetising spread ranging from Pan-Indian to authentic Italian gourmet food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ClearTrip, Hotels.com, TravelGuru and Agoda so you can book your The Park Visakhapatnam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Park Visakhapatnam Hotel Visakhapatnam
- Park Hotel Visakhapatnam
- The Park Hotel Visakhapatnam
- The Park Visakhapatnam Visakhapatnam (Vizag), Andhra Pradesh