“Best view of the vizag is from the hotel window” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of APTDC Haritha Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Visakhapatnam (Vizag)
APTDC Haritha Beach Resort
San Jose, California
“Best view of the vizag is from the hotel window”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

I think most of the govt resorts have one positive point.They are usually one of earliest party to set up a resort/hotel in a tourist place and hence they get the best location.Location is the biggest advantage of this hotel.But i liked the room also.They are cottage type.Planning is good.with one wall made up of tinted glass.so that you can enjoy the view from within the room.But ofcrs no one can see you from outsidee.Resort maintenance is also good.Our room was pretty ok .But some of the rooms needs upliftment.They are just not good enuf for the amount we pay for one night stay Our balcony is a perfect place to take photos.Best pic of our entire vizag tour came from our hotel balcony.but I would like to comment on the hotel service.It takes aout 1 hr to cater to ur request.May be food may be an extra blanket whatver.Actually the reason is this resort is quite huge one and it takes a long time to walk from one end to another.So if you call reception or canteen for an order.Obviously it will get delayed.but they have less no of staffs also.the food is ok.Anyway I dont like south Indian food in general.But it was ok.At dinner we ordered chicken soup /chilli chicken.That was reasonably ok.Overall my exp about this resort is average .It is expensive for the quality of room and service they provide.But the location kills everything.I have rated this very good only because of Location

Room Tip: Take a room which is far from reception.and usually on the high floors.You will get the best view
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank dipmay15
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Kolkata, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

Haritha resort rushikonda is undoubtedly one of the worst places I have ever stayed. I am really disgusted at the work-force and system of APTDC. Room service was pathetic and behavior of staff sitting at the reception are ridiculous and apart from that I was deceived with a fake Rs 1000/ note from one of the staff present at your Rushikonda resort.I faced problems after taking the note and I am astonished to see your tourism group people keep fake notes in your reception drawers and present it to customers at the time of checking out. I agree a blunder has been made on my side as I did not test out the accuracy of the note as I was in hurry to reach to another destination within half an hour and I guess the biggest mistake being entrusting those frauds at rushikonda resort. The note is still lying with me and I was embarrassed at one the shopping malls as they mentioned it was a fake note. Now,I have no choice but have to lodge a police complaint against this fake note. I am spending Rs 3500/ for a room and it is nowhere near to being luxurious. Cars being arranged are staying for 3 hours and charging for 5 hours. It was an Indica, whose driver claimed the money for five hours but was there for four hours and said that he had some other trips to make. Just had to change our plans as their communication gap between our own people are so I just want to bring to your notice, that this kind of arrangements from your side, shows your impoverished condition. The receptionist was quite adamant and misbehaved. Without giving the complete information he started arguing over facts and figures. You have to call the reception for about four times to get a jug of water, newspaper was there one day and for the rest of the four days there were none at our doorstep. The second day was really our best day, as our room was cleaned, during our five days stay. In order to get any one working, you need to give them 20 bucks. for everyone trying to visit there a family tour, I am requesting please do not waste your hard earned money on APTDC HARITHA RUSHIKONDA RESORT as it is a disgrace to visakhapatnam, where people are usually quite kind and generous. In visakhapatnam I have stayed at Palm Beach, The Park and Daspalla, but these hotels really signify their class for just three to five thousand more. I work at visakhapatnam and those few days at your resort left a bitter taste on my family's thought, and The room I booked was a luxury room, but unfortunately for us, we missed out on the luxury part of your esteemed resort. Your booking system is ridiculous we cannot directly book rooms from your hotel, and after requesting So I would really ask you to look into the matter and bring earnest changes, because if am ready to pay about 10000 bucks at your resort, then I would have at least expected a good and prompt service from your end. For me your work-force was the worst part apart from the few distressing points, I mentioned earlier, and PLEASE ASK YOUR employees to STOP USING FAKE NOTES at your RESORTS.

Room Tip: "Top floor has the best sea view."
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank koushik198711

Travellers are raving about these Visakhapatnam (Vizag) hotels

Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

It seldom happens, that you go to a resort not run by a private group and are so pleasantly surprised by the place. Haritha Beach Resort definitely falls into this category. I travelled with my teammates and this was recommended by a teammate who had stayed here previously. We were a little skeptical since this is run by the government, but the minute we drove into the resort, all the skepticism was taken care of. The place is reasonably priced and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The place does not have any of the hi-end amenities, but it has a splendid view of the beach from the balcony which more than makes up for this lack.

Getting to Rishikonda was quite hassle free. We took a train from Secunderabad and reached Vizag in the early hours of the next morning. A taxi ride about an hour long (costing around 400 rupees) brought us to the resort. We finished check in and were shown to our rooms where we were blown away by the views from the balcony. After soaking in the scenery for a bit, we headed to the beach, stopping at the restaurant on the way for some food. Again, nothing fancy, but tasty enough to keep your taste buds happy and portions large enough to keep your stomachs full. They also have a decent selection of alcohol.

The beach is closed after sunset, but you can sit right outside the resort/or in the balcony and listen to the sea. It's the perfect setting for a relaxing weekend away with friends or family.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms which have a tiny balcony (deluxe rooms, I think). They have a terrific view of th...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Kolkata, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

We had taken a trip to vizag by car and it was a wonderful journey. Our first halt was at gopalpur (otdc Panthanivas cottage) and then the next day to Vizag. When I entered the room and took the first look at the balcony, it was breathtaking. Most beautiful view of a beach a hotel can provide. We had taken the new executive ac rooms. If you take my suggestions don't take rooms below this category. You won't get a good view. But the only flaw is the complimentary breakfast. They only serve south Indian food for breakfast as it was complimentary. If you want you can order what you like but that will be chargeable. We had even ordered lunch, It was good. If you are non vegetarian then you should have prawns or lobsters in vizag. Its the cheapest out there. I would definitely make another trip to vizag.

Room Tip: Try to take the new executive ac rooms or anything better.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
8 Thank ayananshu
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

The hotel rooms provide an excellent view of the beach. The rooms are spacious. Although the management staff was cooperative but the lower staff needs training for treating the guest politely. The restaurant has vast scope for improvement. The food was not upto the standard. Even the breakfast menu was limited. I would definitely like to stay there again but will not eat there.

• Stayed March 2012