See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 August 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in October 2011. We booked into the a/c rooms & the views from our rooms were breathtaking. The rooms were big, well furnished, clean & well maintained. Each room had its own balcony with sitting arrangement . Standing in the balcony of your room and watching the waves break on the shore, seeing the sunrise.. or the distant lights on the distant hills just takes away all your botherations.
service was also good but food was average... but trust me the view from the rooms are so GOOD that a foodie like me didn’t mind the absence of vairety or the lack in taste.

Room Tip: book into the a/c rooms or the presidential suite.. they are the best quality rooms & are situated on the top most floor.. hence giving you a good view
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank sr_family1
Reviewed 7 March 2012

View - View of the bay of bengal from atop this little hill is breathtaking. Rooms are all sea facing, so I believe views from any of the rooms is superb. The strong curve of the beach tapering towards the further end makes it all the more beautiful.

Rooms - We booked from Kolkata APTDC. I wanted a private verandah. My room charge per day was Rs. 2644 (incl taxes). The AC room was spacious, clean with double bed, had a large LCD, 2 sofas, coffee table, wardrobe, a small refrigerator, geyser in the bathroom...

Restaurant - The sea facing restaurant serves very good food. It also has an open section which is very soothing at night owing to the soft sea breeze.

Service - I had a feedback from friends about poor service, but surprisingly I found the service to be very satisfying.

Location - 16-18 km away from the railway stn and 24 km from the airport beach resort is remotely located and I found no shops nearby. Beach is a long flight of tiring stairs (esp when you are returning).

Beach - The beach line is short but good for bathing owing to absence of rocks. The beach hardly ever gets crowded due to the remoteness.

Room Tip: I saw some rooms whose sea views were being obscured by large trees sprucing up before them. Make sure you point these out while booking your room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
20  Thank santanukg
Reviewed 15 December 2011

its a nice hotel to stay with ur dear ones with the beautiful view of the sea. this is located on a hill named rishikonda. this hotel is mentained by andhra pradesh tourism development corporation. beautiful viiew of sun rising from the hotel room

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank mahorsrikanth
Reviewed 10 February 2011

It was in 2007 that me and my partner decided to visit vizag and chose punami as out stay fr 4 days. Trust me its a great place with a great sea view . Rooms are clean , neat and maintained well. Food is great as well. I simply fell in love with the place and coming bck again ths year fr another short retreat :) with my entire family which includes my little bundle of joy.

I cant wait to experience the same joy as i did last time....

Hey vizag here i come ....

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Greattimes_forever
Reviewed 12 November 2010

The hotel was situated on a cliff just overlooking the Bay of Bengal. May be not the greatest when it comes to the facilities, but the location scored above all. I loved the picture perfect scenery from the hotel balcony and cant think about any other hotels which can match its location. Service was not up to the mark.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family