We just got back from a weekend stay at this Hotel. Here are the pros and cons:
1. Probably the few decent Hotels in Tirupati.
2. Located in the centre of town near the Railway station.
3. It is cleaner than the other Hotels we have stayed in Tirupati town.
4. It tries hard to be a star rated hotel in terms of the Lobby layout, the choice of restaurants and bars available. I would rate it as 2 star by International Standards.
5. There are two restaurants and two bars. These are fairly clean and well maintained.
6. The rest rooms in the common areas are quite clean and much better than expected.
7. The food served in the restaurants are tasty and well presented.
1. The hotel is located adjacent to the railway track and so the rooms facing the track has a bad view and is disturbed by the sound of trains passing by although they are slow at this point in the track.
2. Room service is extremely slow in the mornings. It took an hour for the room service personnel to bring us 6 toasts and tea.
3. 3 people in our party of 11 had food poisoning with many others having stomach discomfort. We had not eaten from anywhere else except the restaurants in this Hotel so we know that the problem is with the food served here.
4. We found a few small cockroaches on our table in the Vegetarian restaurant.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, ClearTrip, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Fortune Kences Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fortune Kences Tirupati