“Best & Budget”
Review of Hotel Jayasyam Inn

Hotel Jayasyam Inn
Ranked #28 of 77 Tirupati B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Booked an AC room in Hotel Jayasyam Inn through MakemyTrip. Rooms are neat and Clean but AC didn't worked :( complained to room boy but no proper repair.. :(.. except Ac everything is fine.
Hotel Jayasyam Inn located just near to Tirupati railway station and Bus stand.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sivanesh

Reviewed 18 July 2012

The property's location is its biggest plus. Right adjacent to the main bus stand, which makes it easily accessible to buses to Tirumala or intercity buses. The Railway station too is only a short 5min Auto ride away (min 20rs). On the flip side, being on a busy lane adjacent to the bus stand makes its approach road dirty, crowded and noisy. Also as the building is shared between the Lodge and a Movie-Theatre of the same name; one may expect sudden surge in crowds. However saying that inside the room, it was peaceful with no hint of the commotion outside.

The room was basic and is located on a narrow hallway. The room and the bathroom were reasonably clean, however there was a musty smell from the loo and I had to keep the exhaust running continuously. They had a decent wardrobe, chairs and a table. A wash basin outside the loo with a mirror as well. Overall a room which fits the 'basic' tag well.

They seem to have room service as well as there was a menu card in the room with Veg/Non-Veg options, though I did not order anything. WiFi access is available as well.

My biggest and the only gripe with the place is the service/attitude of the personnel especially at the reception. I had booked the roome for 1 night via MakemyTrip. My train reached sometime past 0530 AM and I checked into the Hote by 6AM. And as the check-in/out time is 12noon; I was asked to vacate the room by midnight.

The people at the reception
were bordering rude as they didn't even try to check with me if I wanted to pay for another night or choose to vacate same night itself. I understand going by the rules, I was in early and should leave same day or pay for extra one night. When I walked in at 11pm after completing all my darshans, they just stopped me and informed me that I need to vacate by 12 midnight. Also that the rate at which I had booked via Makemytrip (Rs.750) won't hold good but it would be around Rs900 for the extra day. I believe that their main problem was that I had probably got a lower than usual rate from MakemyTrip and also had checked in a few hours earlier than their stipulated Checkin/out time. So I basically checked in at 6am and checked out by 1145pm same day.

I understand they have their rules, however almost 'evicting' a guest for this is unacceptable. Thankfully I was anyways planning to take a late night bus back same night, as all my darshans were completed before time. Else I would had to pay a higher amount for the extra night or go room hunting at 12 midnight!

Room Tip: A non-AC room should be cool enough as well (in non peak summer days) as the Hotel is wedged between...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Krishna P
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I had stayed with my wife and my kid for 1 night. I would say positives first 1. Back to bus stand
2. Good friendly staff 3. Room was very clean and AC are working properly
Negatives
1. Room was so compact
2. Water is not freely coming, i think this is because of scarcity of water supply

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank malukrishna
Reviewed 9 May 2012

This was my first trip to Tirupati. I stayed in Jayasyam Inn from 18th April - 20th April 2012. Hotel is very conveniently located very near the main bus stand (2 mins walk) and just 5 mins (by auto) from the train station. The room (including bathroom) was very clean and was sufficiently big (not large) for a double occupancy. Entire hotel staff (from the people at reception to those assisting you in room service) were very polite, courteous and helpful with tips to go around.

Over all a very pleasant experience and I would surely stay here in the future.

Sandeep - From Pune

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2012

This hotel is very near to bus stand and railway station is the best among others in that location. We have booked A/C room for 2 days s. Room quality is excellent. The best part of this hotel are the room rates, as they are very very reasonable . Very Good Service and staff is quite cooperative. Overall we have an excellent stay in Jayasyam Inn.,

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends