“I strongly recommend that you should black list this hotel and remove from all portals.”

Hotel Sindhu International
Hotel Sindhu International
Ranked #21 of 41 Hotels in Tirupati
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 8 July 2012

My stay at the hotel was a disaster mainly for the following reasons :

Before reaching the hotel i called to inform that i might be checking in a bit late however i got a reply that i do not have a booking with the hotel. I then had to first visit the hotel and show them the trailing mail.
The guy present at the reception was very rude and mannerless.
Room was having centrally controlled A/C and the same was shut down around mid night; upon repeated complaints they shifted the room where in a split A/C was installed.
No food was available at the restaurant --------- we were told only fried rice or curd rice can be ordered for dinner and similar thing happened at breakfast time.
Checkout was again an issue as they refused to help in taking a print of this voucher /mail.

Room Tip: I do not recommend this property at all.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Dattaluri
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
India
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We had to stop by for a quick lunch, we were definitely hungry. It was 12:45 PM and lunch was still not ready. It took about 20 minutes for them to serve lunch. Service was reasonable, it could have been better.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank neelish
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We booked a Suite for 4 of us. The room was very spacious and has a living space, dining space, room and 2 bathrooms. The bathrooms were clean and neat. This is just enough for 2 - 3 nights in Tirupathi compared to other hotels around (both on cost and cleanliness aspect)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Deepak H
Reviewed 5 April 2012

It's an average place to stay. Good part is that the hotel is built and designed keeping luxury in mind but the maintenance is not at par , specially the bathrooms. Bathroom doors and titles are having black spots on it.Towel and soap etc were provided only when we asked for it. Curtains were filthy. Bed was comfortable,linen was also ok.Nothing Great but not bad also.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank vandana_11
Reviewed 9 January 2011

Date: 09-01-2011

I booked this hotel for 2 days based on clear trip rating of 3. I checked in to this hotel on 7th of Jan, 2011. Before checking in to the hotel, I called up the reception from Bangalore, that I would come to the hotel by 5:00 pm. The hotel staff was not courteous at all and he disconnected my call stating that he would call me back without even asking who am I and what is contact number. I ignored it called again after 10 mins.

I checked into the hotel at 5:00 pm. The room was clean but not up to the mark you would expect after paying 1500 rupees for a night. The bad thing was dirty towel and blanket. I requested for water at 5:00 pm and did not even get it till 10 in the night. Finally, I had to come down and complain this to the reception. But unfortunately could not. There was another person fighting with the hotel staff (Mr. XYZ) because he went out for sometime and found that his room has been changed (never heard of it something like this before). He was put in another room where there was water seepage. So, calmly walked out of this hotel and bought 2 bottles of mineral water from a near by pan shop and returned back to my room.

I was having food at the hotel restaurant and food was really nice. But, the number of staffs was low and not very friendly. They did not have a writing pad to take order which resulted in lot of mistake. I signed all the food bills and asked them to accumulate at the end. Today, when I was checking out they said that I had to pay 900 bucks for food. I asked them to furnish the bills. There was one bill which was not mine and did not contain my signature but was billed to my room. I asked them that there is a mistake and the hotel staff (over here again Mr. XYZ) needs to rectify. He said that there is no mistake and I need to pay him. I said, I won't. He threatened me that he would retain my luggage if I did not pay him Rs. 89. I was in no mood to fight and I had a bus to to catch in next 30 minutes.

It was mistake from my end that I did not do enough research before booking this hotel.

Warm Regards,
Mukesh
[-]

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank muke448

Travellers are raving about these Tirupati hotels