Taj Krishna Hyderabad
US$ 104
US$ 104
US$ 85
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 98/night.

US$ 94
US$ 65
US$ 115
US$ 70
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 79/night.

Pragati Resorts(Hyderabad)
US$ 64
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
US$ 422
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 470/night.

1,463 results
All reviewsgolden dragonthe club loungebanjara hillsthe heart of the cityindian restaurantbusiness tripbeautiful hotelcoffee shopexcellent serviceswimming poolbiryanihome away from homefood qualityin room diningroom servicecourteous staffpleasant stay
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Taj Krishna is really VFM for business travellers.

I had actually booked in Taj Banjara but got shifted due to huge group booking at Banjara.

I liked the location, nice size of room, good food, specially the variety of Andra Style Chutaneys. Finally ended up eating too much for the dinner.

Morning check-out was superfast.

Will surely visit again, may be with family next time.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Amit_on_highways
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Great location, good service.
There is a Concierge named Shabbir who takes care of every little detail if you ask him.
Stay on the 7th floor, which has a club lounge and a happy hour from 6 pm to 8pm. The butler service is great too, they will unpack and pack your belongings if you ask them.

Room Tip: Room 733, tell them I sent you
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank globalnomadforyou
GMTKH, General Manager at Taj Krishna Hyderabad, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Dear Guest ,

We thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and we greatly value your feedback. Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Taj krishna, Hyderabad soon.

Best regards,

Sarabjeet Singh
Director Operations-TAJGVK Hotels and Resorts Ltd., and General Manager-Taj Krishna

Reviewed 22 May 2012

This is large elegant and very efficient hotel with beautiful public spaces, good food and attentive staff. But I have to say because of the size a little soulless.

The bedrooms are attractively furnished, very clean and comfortable. The air conditioning is efficient and reasonably quiet.

The breakfast buffet in the morning provides a fine and extensive spread of Indian and European foods. The only downside is the coffee which comes from an automatic dispenser and is not up to the standard of the rest of the presentation,

I didn’t have lunch at the hotel (grabbed a sandwich in the hotel coffee shop one day) but I did eat from the hotel buffet dinner menu in the evenings which is good and proffers a wide variety of Indian and international food. A good selection of different types of hotel cooked bread is available. After dinner coffee in the restaurant is again the “iffy” machine coffee.

The hotel knows its market and caters well for the nouveau riche of Hyderabad, The elegant arcade of high end shops within the hotel and around the lobby provides almost limitless shopping opportunities for those willing to spend serious money on luxury European goods and Cuban cigars.

However, despite this all, the plug from the sink had been “nicked” from my room when I arrived. A chap was dispatched from the service department and after some confusion, scratching of head and sucking of teeth he eventually found a spare one from somewhere (another room?). Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose. Opps !

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BostonStump
Reviewed 9 May 2012

i've stayed at the Taj Deccan a number of times (which is right across the street from the Taj Krishna). At the Taj Deccan, I've gotten weary of being "entertained" by the very large functions they host when I really should be catching up on sleep for the next day's work. So... time for a change and I tried the Taj Krishna.

The location is fantastic, it is in Banjara Hills which is an upscale area of Hyderabad with lots of restaurants, malls and other shopping within walking distance or a short ride (it's about 40 minutes from the airport and about the same from the Gachibowli and Cyberabad IT parks).

The Taj Deccan runs about $200 a night whilst the Taj Krishna can run about $400. So, what do you get for that? Well, quietness (quietitude?) for one, the Taj Krishna had no noisy functions while I was there. What about the facilities? Well, the hotel is quite nice with a beautiful lobby and beautiful grounds. The room, however, was about the same as the rooms at the Taj Deccan in terms of size, furniture and amenities. Oh...almost forgot, you get power outages too. I can't remember the Taj Deccan having any in my stays, but it was almost daily at the Taj Krishna.

Minor nits: 1) they didn't tell me when I checked in that I had access (as a Taj Gold member) to the club lounge; 2) one of the butlers working the lounge was way too friendly - to the point of being creepy - he'd stop by my room even with the do-not-disturb sign on to enquire on my welfare (and I was not on a butler-serviced floor); 3) they don't offer a rate with a laundry and food discount like many of the Taj hotels do (it's a big plus on long business trips - they told me they don't because they are a luxury hotel while the Taj Deccan is a business hotel); and 4) they had a practice with me and some of my associates of forcing us to clear out our bills every four days (they communicate this via a letter they leave in the room which makes you think you've done something wrong). Some of my associates were not required to do this, I guess they were more trustworthy.

All-in-all, I don't think I'd stay again and that it doesn't warrant the additional cost over the Taj Deccan (not sure I'd stay there again either).

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor overlooking the lake (Hussain Sagar).
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Tim S
GMTKH, General Manager at Taj Krishna Hyderabad, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Dear Guest,

This has reference to your feedback given in Trip Advisor. We appreciate your candid ratings & feedback, as it is indeed the pre-eminent barometer by which we can measure our achievements and shortfalls, in providing the best of services to our valued guests, such as yourself.

I am extremely concerned and embarrassed to hear of the inconvenience faced by you during your recent stay at Taj Krishna, Hyderabad. Please do accept my sincere apologies for not meeting up to your expectations. I have taken up the matter very strongly with the concerned Heads of Departments with a view of correcting the team and our processes .We have initiated corrective measures to ensure that such lapses do not recur especially our process of part settlement of charges during the stay once the charges exceed our in-house credit limit.

We at the Taj group and the Taj Krishna, pride ourselves on our professionalism and hospitality. However it is indeed very obvious in this instance that we were not able to put our best foot forward in extending our services to you . Our guests are of extreme importance to us and I personally request you to treat this as one off incident and give us another opportunity to present ourselves in a better light and make amends.

Please do route your booking through my office, so I will personally assure that you are well looked after and competitive rates are extended to you. We look forward to your continued patronage and assuring you of best of our services in the future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 25 April 2012

Not horrible, not great. I think I just expected more from a Taj, an operator which I suspect is beginning to lose its shine.

Room was beautifully colonial in style - wooden floors, beautiful draps etc, and dripped with character. Little things though, let the place down - I'm pretty sure that the slippers were recycled, and that the shower/bath gels were refills... "champagne problems", I know, but one expects a bit more....

As a business hotel, which was the purpose of the trip, it was fine. A very good business centre.

Staff were superb, and couldn't be faulted.

Spa was a bit "grotty"... could do with a refit.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business