“A wonderful oasis”

Ranked #10 of 306 Hotels in Hyderabad
Denver, Colorado, United States
“A wonderful oasis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

I had to visit Hyderabad recently on business, and my company's travel agency reserved a room for me at this wonderful hotel. This was my first visit to India, and it was sort of a whirlwind trip. I landed in Hyderabad at 4 a.m. on a Tuesday morning and took a taxi to the hotel, checking in around 5:30 a.m. I was first impressed with the security checkpoint we had to go through to get onto the hotel grounds. The guards did a thorough inspection of the taxi and let us through. The driver dropped me off at the front doors and I was greeted by a very friendly gentleman who helped me put my bags through the x-ray machine and escorted me inside to retrieve them, then to the front desk for check-in. The front desk staff members were very friendly and helpful, and very shortly I was in my room. The hotel is very modern and "clean," and was like a welcoming oasis after dealing with the oppressive heat outside. The room was very well appointed, very classy without being overbearing. Nightly turndown service included slippers and an array of sleep "helpers" including a mask, ear plugs, and herbal sprays. My favorite was the "sleep cloth," which looked like a Bounce fabric softener sheet but was soaked in herbs. The package said to place it on your pillow and let the aromas carry you off the dreamland. Don't know if it worked, because I could have slept through an earthquake at that point, but it sure was a nice scent to drift off to sleep to. I took nearly all my meals while in India at the hotel, and couldn't have asked for better food or service. I had room service deliver my breakfast each day, and was thrilled to find that they not only knew how to perfectly fry eggs, but also knew what "well done" bacon was. All in all, I could not have been happier with my stay at this wonderful hotel. I highly recommend it for anybody visiting Hyderabad.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Wolftever
, General Manager at ITC Kakatiya, responded to this review, 25 June 2012

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to learn that your stay with us was enjoyable and memorable. Your appreciation is what encourages and motivates us in making every moment a WOW experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality of The ladies and Gentlemen of the ITC Kakatiya in the land of Nizams , at Hyderabad India .

Hotel Management
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Noida, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

This is for the affluent ones and for those on official visits where company pays . It is a beautiful property tastefully , designed & furnished all across. Rooms,front office, lobby, spa, fitness center, restaurant,bar, coffee shop e verything is beautiful. All staff is highly efficient, professional,courteous and caring.
However, It is housekeeping ,spa & fitness center Asst Manager Ms Ila who has impressed me most during my numerous visits to this hotel ( Ten visits in year 11-12). This highly efficient and helpful official ensures during each visit that fitness center staff give their personal attention to all guests so that they are able to exercise in a scientific manner and .room amenities/ fitness equipment/ spa facilities are in excellent shape. Coming back to other facilities, swimming pool though very good is of small size and needs to be made bigger . Food quality is great with wide choice.Atmosphere in bar is very decent and staff keeps guests in good spirits (cheers Mr Abdul).
This hotel is performing superlative on all fronts since hotel standards are well designed and hotel GM ensures total full compliance resulting in guest delight (Great Job Mr George Verghese).
Summing up, this is ultimate hospitality in its very best . Room tariff is high but it does not pinch at all ,since you get great value for money spent. My satisfaction may be gauged from the fact that I have been patronizing only this property for official visits to Hyderabad for last 15 years , so much so that I now consider this as my second home Highly recommended Must use property that shall leave with you cherished memories

Room Tip: Please seek rooms with swimming pool view. Use spa , pool and fitness center amenities since these...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at ITC Kakatiya, responded to this review, 22 June 2012

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We have noted your observations and are addressing the same.We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality of The ladies and Gentlemen of the ITC Kakatiya in the land of Nizams , at Hyderabad India

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

I would like to suggest all travelers ( business or leisure ) to try ITC Kakatiya for their execellent services - romm and food and the professional attitude of their staff ,

Room Tip: Go for pool side
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
ITCKAKATIYA, General Manager at ITC Kakatiya, responded to this review, 13 June 2012

Mumbai, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

Very nicely done hotel right in the heart of the city. Brilliant food at their restaurants - The Deccan Pavilion & the Peshawari. A must go!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
ITCKAKATIYA, General Manager at ITC Kakatiya, responded to this review, 8 June 2012

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

I stayed here for business. The hotel is great, it may need some small updates here and there (pool area maybe) but overall it is great. Rooms are nice and spacious, and very clean. Hotel in general is very clean, what you would expect from a 5 star place.
Personnel all over the hotel are really attentive and caring that you enjoy your stay. Food options in the hotel are very good as well, especially for tourists who may not be used to Indian food (spices). They have several restaurants with different options (buffet, Indian, Kebabs, etc). It may turn out to be a bit pricey compared to local restaurants, but not if you compare to what you would pay in a similar hotel in other parts of the world.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business