“A Castle fit for a Pauper!” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Amrutha Castle
Ranked #75 of 305 Hotels in Hyderabad
US
“A Castle fit for a Pauper!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

I had been to Hyderabad for a Business Trip in Oct'11. The initial impression that this hotel gives you is overwhelming. It looks Imposing and it feels that one has gone Back to the Medieval Era. It is almost as good as a real castle. The car park area is spacious and the lobby with the swords hanging on the walls attracts attention. The rooms are designed in medieval style. However, the moment the room doors are opened, you find yourself in a weirdly designed room. The beds were hard and there was no hot water in the bathroom.The breakfast is Ok and the staff was hospitable, Over all a poor experience. One can avoid this place for sure.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank GlobeTriper
AmruthaCastle2014, Front Office Manager at Amrutha Castle, responded to this review, 1 July 2016

Greetings from Hotel Amrutha Castle, Hyderabad!!!

We thank you very much for having your valuable feedback & shown interest towards our Castle.

At the outset I would request you to accept my profound apologies for the inconvenience faced upon your visit at Hotel Amrutha Castle, Hyderabad.

It is with great concern I have made a note of your comments on the incident. We do take great care that our esteemed guest do not face any inconvenience, so on this occasion an acceptable standard has clearly not been met.

Customer feedback has always been an integral part of our learning, understanding and catering to the needs of the guests. I would like to assure you that the matter has been taken up most strongly with the concerned department heads and necessary amends have been made to avoid the occurrence of such.

Do let me know if there is anything else I can do to make your stay comfortable for future and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Front Office Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Mumbai, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

It is situated in a very nice location. The building looks like a castle, staff was very polite staff. Their restaurant served excellent breakfast.
The fitness center was good and overall hygiene factor was very good.
Check-in and check-out was smooth.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AmruthaCastle2014, Front Office Manager at Amrutha Castle, responded to this review, 30 June 2016
Dear Sir/Madam,
Greetings from Hotel Amrutha Castle,Hyderabad!!!

Thank you for patronizing Hotel Amrutha Castle as your preferred hotel in Hyderabad. Our constant endeavor is to provide our guests a memorable experience.

We feel privileged by your good words of appreciation for the entire team and our property at large. It is feedbacks such as given by you that keeps the team motivated and encourages them to continue to deliver guest experiences.

We once again take this opportunity to thank you for your valuable feedback and look forward to welcome you to Amrutha Castle in the near future.

Regards
Anand Raj.S
Pune, Maharashtra, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

Its a real good Hotel . Very centrally located and almost all must see places of Hyderabad is less than a 10 km radius except the Ramoji city. Its Pool is nice, food is nice , Birla Mandir, Jublee Park are walking distance.

Room Tip: take frontal view rest all are very close to the adjoining bldgs.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Dear Sir/Madam,
Greetings from Hotel Amrutha Castle,Hyderabad!!!

Regards
Anand Raj.S
Chennai, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2011

Thankfully the stay was just for a day and a night.

As the trip was at short notice, I did not go through Trip Advisor reviews as I normally do and left it to the agent to fix the booking.

Hyderabad appears to have a couple of crazy looking hotels. One is on the way to the city from the airport and is in the shape of a fairly large "fish". (When I asked the cab driver what the structure was, he mentioned that it was soon to be a hotel.)

The other is this property, which resembles some sort of a castle in a fairy tale.

The lobby and reception area is dark and dreary and quite cramped. The room was the same. Bare floors which get cold at night, the only widow looked out to another building a stones throw away. One could not leave the curtains open to let in some sunshine as one would have no privacy at all. The furniture was ramshackle and the master light switch did not work. After some time in the evening, some of the lights refused to come on too.

As regards the linen, the bed sheets were clean, but the bath towels which were supposed to be white, were shades of GREY. A hand towel was not provided and it's rack was empty The lighting in the bathroom ensured that you could not see your face clearly when you shaved and had you doing it by feel alone. I was however lucky to have a bathroom with a shower cubicle. My friend on the same floor did not. Which resulted in the entire bathroom getting flooded when he used the shower.

About the food, I really can't say as I did not have a meal there.

When the travel desk was requested to provide a car in the evening to go out for dinner, I was informed that it was not possible as there were no cars available and a suggestion was made by the staff as to why I don't try the auto-rickshaw just outside the gates? The travel desk staff escorted me to the auto-rickshaw parked outside and told the driver my destination. Being new to the city, I agreed upon the fare only to find later, while returning from the restaurant, that I had been overcharged by 100% on the earlier trip. I wonder whether there is some connection.

All said and done, I think this hotel is better avoided.

Room Tip: I really cant say whether they have any good rooms. The only other one I saw was even worse than the...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Pradeep53

Front Office Manager

Travellers are raving about these Hyderabad hotels

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

this poperty looks like you have truly entered the castles of Harry Potter. Guess what at the reception area they had a Certificate Kindly of Note framed up i went up to look closely it was signed by George W. Bush, With compliments , so i expected this is really going to be an awesome experience with themed rooms. Unfortunately it does not keep u smiling for long once in your room had a pungent smell in the carpeted room. and a very haggred run down bathroom . Requested to change room had to wait 3 hrs before they finnaly gave in to changing to a new room this was really spacious and no carpet n huge toilet . much better than what i first had. so if your travelling to HYD just for 2 or 3 days i think its not really a bad hotel to be in.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends