“Golkonda to the rescue...”

The Golkonda Hyderabad
Ranked #33 of 325 Hotels in Hyderabad
Reviewed 7 September 2012

My trip to Hyderabad began with a disaster when I was booked at one of the so called 4 star hotel which was dark n empty with restaurent closed at 11pm (was my check-in time).

That's when my cabbie took me to The Golkonda, and I breathe a huge sigh of relief after getting a decent room after a tiresome journey from Bombay.

The rooms are clean, very decent with good lighting. Wi-Fi is complimentary for 1 day which fulfilled my requirement to work from my room. Staff is extremely friendly and customer centric and will ensure that all your needs are taken care off at the wildest hour of the day. It was one of the quickest customer service I'd seen in any of the 4 star hotels I'd stayed before.

The breakfast at the Cafe is par excellence; you'd not wish to move out of the hotel for anything else. I savoured the great Hyderabadi Biryani at their very own restaurent "The Jewel of Nizam" and every grain of the food served was indeed a jewel.

Overall it was a nice stay, in fact I extended my stay by one more day with a thought of working from my room... That when I realised I found peace at "The Golkonda"...

Room Tip: Rooms with the backside view are quieter....
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank scat28285
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 September 2012

Although we got a negative feedback about this Hotel from many friends after booking the Hotel, after we arrived at the Hotel we got surprised with the ambience, the maintenance and the facilities they provided. Ofcourse, this Hotel was renovated before 3 years. We prefer to stay at this Hotel in this month for three more days. Quite happy with the Price and the Ambience they maintained.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I am 30 year old NRI from Hyderabad, India currently residing at London, UK. During my visit to India, I found The Golkonda Hotel as one of the finest 4 star hotels in Hyderabad. We arranged my younger sister's engagement party for approx. 300 guests on Thursday evening of 19th July. It was an enjoyable and unforgettable experience for all the time spent there. All of us are happy with the excellent service provided by all departments. We received very nice reviews from our guests, satisfied more than expected.

Many thanks to the entire hotel staff who did a great job with all of the party arrangements!

Special thanks to Sales team namely Raghu, Aziz and Jyothi for providing us with two large beautiful conference halls and a nice looking boardroom. Seating and all other arrangements were fabulous.

All other hotel staff provided us an excellent customer service i.e., meet and greet, food services, parking, serving soft drinks throughout the party, cleanliness, providing directions to our guests, restroom services, room service, etc.

Stage provided was simply beautiful. Thanks so much to Hameed and his team for his good work.

Ambience – Decent and excellent
Party arrangements – wonderful
Hotel (Interior and exterior) – Beautiful
Cleanliness and Hygiene – Perfect
Party guest satisfaction – Extremely impressive
Location – Very well connected to city (convenient for all party guests)
Price – Great value for money

Above all, I would to add that this party gave us so many sweet and loving memories in a nice looking environment that we recall them almost every day in life. Great place for lodging, party and perfect for casual visits, etc.

You Guys rock, Keep it up!

Room Tip: I went from UK to Hyderabad in the month of July and visited The Golkonda Hotel many times for casua...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I went to London, UK and had dinner many times at Jewels of Nizam (restaurant of Golkonda Haotel).

The food quality was awesome and customer service excellent. Higly reccomended to everyone!

Reviewed 23 August 2012

The Golkonda Hotel, Hyderabad is one of the best 4 star hotels in Hyderabad. We arranged an engagement party for 300 guests on Thursday evening of 19th July. It was an enjoyable and unforgettable experience for all the time spent there. All of us are happy with the excellent service provided by all departments. We received very nice reviews from our guests, satisfied more than expected.

Ambience – Decent and excellent
Party arrangements – wonderful
Hotel (Interior and exterior) – Beautiful
Cleanliness and Hygiene – Perfect
Party guest satisfaction – Extremely impressive
Location – Very well connected to city (convenient for all party guests)
Price – Great value for money

Above all, I would to add that this party gave us so many sweet and loving memories in a nice looking environment that we recall them almost every day in life. Great place for party and perfect for casual visits.

Guys, Keep it up!

Room Tip: I went from London, UK and found The Golkonda Hotel as the best fit for casual food visits, lodging...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family