The City of Pearls Walking Tour

Book in advance
from
$106.67
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience The Hyderabad Walking Company
from $106.67
More Info
from $90.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 July 2022 via mobile

Madhu was a great guide and I really enjoyed myself on this tour! My tour took place in the morning before things got too crowded, so it was not too crowded at all. Madhu was knowledgeable, friendly, and fun to tour with. Highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting Hyderabad!

hydwalkingco, Owner at The Hyderabad Walking Company, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2022

Thank you Chris! Hope to see you back on one of our other types in the future.

Reviewed 3 July 2022 via mobile

Navin is an excellent tour guide. His knowledge of the history of this city is amazing. He can seperate the facts, the folklore and the religious connotation. Which makes it really interesting.

He curated a tour to fit my asks. He talked at length about the culture, the significance of the region, the historic implications for the buildings. I would recommend a half day set aside for this experience at least. Also, the food choices: Yum!

Date of experience: July 2022
hydwalkingco, Owner at The Hyderabad Walking Company, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2022

Thank you for the kind words S! I had a lot of fun sharing my city with you :) Hope to have you back to explore the Chowmahalla palace in the future.

Reviewed 23 May 2022 via mobile

Navin is full of the kind of deep knowledge of history and the locale that immeasurably enriches the already incomparable experience of exploring the Old City, and he delivers it in an engaging way. Importantly, he's very easy to understand even in a crowded marketplace.
My friend and I had an extra day after a business meeting so we decided to see the old city in the morning before it got too hot. That was a good plan: I expect I will long remember sitting on a wall in the shade of a venerable banyan tree in the courtyard of the Chowmahala Palace with tired feet and an exquisite breeze!

1  Thank FoodiePilgrim
hydwalkingco, Owner at The Hyderabad Walking Company, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2022

Thank you for the kind words, FoodiePilgrim - it was really fun listening to your experiences as well :) I really enjoyed sharing my city with you and hope to have you on other tours in future!

Reviewed 17 April 2022

Absolutely loved the City of Pearls walking tour we did with Navin. Hyderabad offers up a rich array of history and culture and food, but a lot of it is lost to the chaos of a modern Indian city. With the Hyderabad Walking Company, you can come a little closer to discovering the city's secrets, whether that's a street-cart breakfast when the roads are quiet, or the many rollicking stories about the rulers. Navin's itinerary was chalked out well, ensuring we had enough breaks for rest and beverages and even photos. Navin's enthusiasm for history is infectious, and he brings to the tour a good mix of knowledge and fun. We came away enamoured by the city, and also felt satiated thanks to the lovely food and chai. Need to go back for the other tours!

Date of experience: March 2022
hydwalkingco, Owner at The Hyderabad Walking Company, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2022

Thank you Suchi! I enjoyed sharing Hyderabad with you, and really look forward to having you on our future tours :)

Reviewed 15 April 2022

I went on “The City of Pearls Tour” walk with Navin and found that the overall experience was very pleasant and cordial. It was a very good introductory tour to the city of Hyderabad; a simple and insightful walk with someone who is very passionate about the city. I enjoyed my walk and tour with him.

Date of experience: April 2022
hydwalkingco, Owner at The Hyderabad Walking Company, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2022

Thank you JL! I enjoyed sharing my city with you. Hope to take you on the other tours soon :)