Book In Advance
More Information

Ways to Experience The Hyderabad Walking Company
from US$ 89.60
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 December 2018

Great tour and even better tour guide! Navin was the perfect tour guide for this busy city. As a solo female traveler new to India, I was a little hesitant to walk the city on my own. Navin was amazing - meeting me at my car with a bottle of water in hand.

We toured Charminar in detail, walking around the monument and then scaled the steps to the first floor which had great views of the city. Then had some Irani chai and biscuits near the city center. Walked to Chowmahalla Palace and toured the grounds in great detail. And finally toured the bangle bazaar where we saw bangles being made.

Navin was a great tour guide, not only navigating the crowds in the old city but very knowledgeable about the history of Hyderabad and it's culture. He also knew all the best tourist photo spots and took pictures for me! I would 100% recommend this tour to anyone, great conversation and the perfect way to view some of the highlights of old Hyderabad!

Date of experience: December 2018
hydwalkingco, Owner at The Hyderabad Walking Company, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2018

Thank you Kelly! I'm glad you were able to experience Hyderabad on our heritage walk! Looking forward to seeing you on one of our future tours as well!

Reviewed 25 November 2018 via mobile

I was visiting Hyderabad for work and had a spare weekend where I wanted to get to know more about the real hyderabad. Ive visited the fort and a few other touristy thing but wanted a new non touristy experience. I was a little nervous of knowing what was safe to eat and where to go on my own buy Naveen tours meant I could experience. Naveen customised the tour to do some tours of the history of the region and then a desert tour in the older side of the city tasting all-sorts of deserts. It was so easy, exiting and felt like a really got to know more about the city and the country. He was so knowledge able and fun that it was the most enjoyable day. He also recommended other things to do and places to eat. He thought of everything. If in Hyderabad get a tour it really is an amazing experience.

Date of experience: November 2018

Thank you Niki! It was a lot of fun to have you on the walk - hope to see you on one of our future tours as well!

Reviewed 22 November 2018

We visited the Golkonda fort and Qutub Shahi tombs. Navin is very passionate about what he is doing, that is why, i think, it is quite a pleasure to have him as a guide.
The his/tory can be boring if the teller is just reciting facts and names. It is not boring to listen to Navin at all. He is knowledgeable, funny, friendly, and glad to answer all your questions. It was a memorable experience.
The tour will take around 4 hours. Come prepared, the Golkonda is huge, with a long walking up. Wear proper shoes, hat. And take a panoramic picture when you get to the top.

Date of experience: October 2018

We're glad you had a good time, and hope to see you on our tours in the future!

Reviewed 6 November 2018

Thanks, Navin, for providing us a very detailed tour! We learned a lot and we appreciate providing context to what we were seeing. Not textbookish at all!

Date of experience: October 2018
hydwalkingco, Owner at The Hyderabad Walking Company, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2018

Thanks Eli! I was so happy to be able to share my city with you and your family! Looking forward to having on our tours again in the future!

Reviewed 30 October 2018

Navin accommodated my very last minute request for a quick evening city tour from my hotel. Pick up was well on time. He is greatly passionate about the history of Hyderabad and made sure I experienced the different slices of culture (craftsmen making bangles and hammering silver foil) around the Charminar area. Even though I didn't have the luxury of time to visit much of Hyderabad, I managed to get a taste (literally) of the old city in just 2-3 hours. The taste of Osmania biscuits and chai... absolutely brilliant. Thumbs up Navin!

Date of experience: October 2018

Thank you so much! I really look forward to having you on one of our tours again in the future!