The City of Pearls Walking Tour

Book in advance
from
$106.67
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience The Hyderabad Walking Company
from $106.67
More Info
from $90.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Navin was an excellent guide. Friendly and only too happy to provide answers to the many questions we had. Walking and (attempting to) drive through Charminar during Ramadan was a highlight. Going to Shadam for lunch to have a Chicken Biryani and being introduced to a Thums Up drink for the first time was also great. Highly recommend to do when you first get to Hyderabad - its a great introduction to the city

Date of experience: June 2018
Navin S, Owner at The Hyderabad Walking Company, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thank you Shannon! It was great sharing my city with you and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Looking forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Getting to see Golconda Fort, Charminar and the Palace was amazing especially with Navin providing factual and honest insights through the experience. For me though it's the little things that made this so amazing, Walking through the side streets of the old town, having Irani Chai and biscuits from the local bakery and then heading to a great little restaurant and having biriyani and a thumbs up (make sure you get the Garlic Naan as well).

More tours should be run like Navins, he makes it far more personal and tailored than others I've been on

Date of experience: June 2018

Thank you Leigh! I had a great time taking you around and I'm happy to know you enjoyed it as well. Looking forward to having you on our future tours as well!

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

The Hyderabad Walking Company (specifically Navin) took us on a lip-smacking and history filled food crawl/heritage walk through the busy streets of Old Hyderabad on a Friday Evening, in the holy month of Ramadan.

Navin is an amazing storyteller/host and his passion for all things Hyderabad shows in the way he regales us with lesser known facts and little nuggets of information regarding the various types of food we sampled, or even the more famous or not-so-famous buildings and monuments that we passed by along the way!

The sights and sounds of a busy Friday night during the month of Ramadan enhanced the overall experience.Watching the Charminar and its beautifully lit surroundings while sipping on Irani Chai and eating the incredibly soft and tasty Osmania biscuits from Nimrah Cafe.. that’s an amazing experience in itself!

Thanks Navin, for re-introducing me (a guy who was born and brought up in Hyderabad), to what makes the city truly special!

Cannot wait to see/experience what other delightful tours you have cooked up!

Date of experience: June 2018
Navin S, Owner at The Hyderabad Walking Company, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Thank you for your review Kashyap. Definitely looking forward to having you on our future walks!

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Navin is a very good storyteller who weaves the tale of Hyderabad through the by lanes of the old city. Being a foodie himself, he makes the participants taste the best of Hyderabadi food along with insights about people who prepare the food and the process of making them. A must do walk for every one who wants to know the secrets about the city along with a generous dose of Navin personality and humour!

Date of experience: June 2018
Navin S, Owner at The Hyderabad Walking Company, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

Thank you for the review Tharun! Really hope to have you on our future walks!

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Always wanted to have a heritage walk at Charminar and an opportunity came with The Hyderabad Walking Club. My friends and I met The Hyderabad Walking Club guide, Naveen, at around 7ish in the morning. It was a Saturday morning on a Ramzan month. That was the first time I saw Charminar at its own beauty (there were not so many people on streets). We had our brief breakfast at Nimrah Cafe and Bakery. If you ever go there, you should definitely try veg puff. I also liked tea :) even tea without sugar :) then our walk started...
And it was amazing. The way Naveen speaka about history is beyond interesting. He always starts with asking you to observe something, then you come up with a question and then you make an attempt to answer it. And You remember all details because you went through the entire thought process to come up with the right answer! Naveen shows not only touristy places, but unique places to the particular locations as well. For example, fish shops in front of Jumma Masjid. If you know why they are located there, please let us know :)
Our walk ended with South Indian breakfast at Govind Dosa. Honestly, the most delicious dosa I've ever eaten (believe me since I'm a die fan of dosa :D).
Why did I mention laugh in the title? Because Naveen makes you laugh :) all the time. He is an open and so friendly soul that you should definitely meet him and take a walk with him at Charminar to hear his beautiful stories :)

Date of experience: May 2018
Navin S, Owner at The Hyderabad Walking Company, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Thank you Dilyara for your review and your enthusiastic participation in the walk! Really looking forward to hosting you on our future walks as well!