The City of Pearls Walking Tour

Book in advance
from
$106.67
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience The Hyderabad Walking Company
from $106.67
More Info
from $90.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Always wanted to have a heritage walk at Charminar and an opportunity came with The Hyderabad Walking Club. My friends and I met The Hyderabad Walking Club guide, Naveen, at around 7ish in the morning. It was a Saturday morning on a Ramzan month. That was the first time I saw Charminar at its own beauty (there were not so many people on streets). We had our brief breakfast at Nimrah Cafe and Bakery. If you ever go there, you should definitely try veg puff. I also liked tea :) even tea without sugar :) then our walk started...
And it was amazing. The way Naveen speaka about history is beyond interesting. He always starts with asking you to observe something, then you come up with a question and then you make an attempt to answer it. And You remember all details because you went through the entire thought process to come up with the right answer! Naveen shows not only touristy places, but unique places to the particular locations as well. For example, fish shops in front of Jumma Masjid. If you know why they are located there, please let us know :)
Our walk ended with South Indian breakfast at Govind Dosa. Honestly, the most delicious dosa I've ever eaten (believe me since I'm a die fan of dosa :D).
Why did I mention laugh in the title? Because Naveen makes you laugh :) all the time. He is an open and so friendly soul that you should definitely meet him and take a walk with him at Charminar to hear his beautiful stories :)

Date of experience: May 2018
Navin S, Owner at The Hyderabad Walking Company, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Thank you Dilyara for your review and your enthusiastic participation in the walk! Really looking forward to hosting you on our future walks as well!

Reviewed 10 June 2018

I went on the 'Secret Ramzaan food walk' two days back in Old city with the Hyd Walking Company and it was an absolute fun experience.
Navin, our guide, met us at Nayyab hotel where we started with tasting the best Haleem, Paya and Bheja.

Old city has rich history and some lip smaking traditional Hyderabadi food. As we walked through those lanes, Navin shared so many unknown facts and details about the places, food and people.

It was a three hour walk and we sampled various dishes from yummy sheeks kebabs to Paya to spicy local fish. We tried different types of Chai, Kesari, Spicy Gahwa and a popular Irani version.

Old city was beautifully lit up for Ramadaan and the roads were packed with families shopping for Eid. History came out alive when Navin spoke about the various structures that were built during the times of Qutub Shahis. He shared very fascinating details about the Hyderabadi Pearls, about the intricate Qutub Shahi designs on the structures and about workshops in Chudi bazaar in earlier times.

It was a beautifully researched walk and the food we sampled was fantastic and was at the most unassuming places. I enjoyed every bit of the walk and look forward to going on another one.

I highly recommend doing a walk with the 'Hyderabad Walking Company' as its a fantastic way to know about the city, the culture and its amazing food :)

Date of experience: June 2018
Navin S, Owner at The Hyderabad Walking Company, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Thank you for your review - glad to know you enjoyed the walk! Looking forward to having you on our future walks as well :)

Reviewed 3 June 2018

We met up with our guide at around 7.30am at Nimrah Cafe & Bakery. Here, we sampled some amazing types of chai and savouries. The Osmania biscuit, a hyderabadi special was beyond belief! Their veg puff too was really good. After this, we went around the Charminar itself, and were told about various fun facts about the monument. We took a walk down Lal street, which is famous for bangles, and visited various gates around the Charminar, where we were told some very interesting facts about the architecture and thought that went into the construction of Charminar and the gates around it. We lastly, ended up at the famous Govind Bandi for a delicious south indian breakfast of Dosa, Idli and Vada. I have done many tours in my life, but I have to say that this walking trip with The Hyderabad Walking Company has been one of my most memorable ones I've ever taken!

Date of experience: May 2018
Navin S, Owner at The Hyderabad Walking Company, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Thank you for the review, and hope to see you on one of our other walks as well!

Reviewed 1 June 2018

I went on a food walk with The Hyd Walking Co. around the Charminar area. The walk was great fun but also incredibly detailed. The host Navin, had so many interesting stories about the history of the area, and knew just the right places to take excellent photos.

Every single place we ate at was amazing, and Navin did a superb job of seeing that the group paced themselves and left enough room to sample everything. The walk was well researched, and really delivered a curated fun experience that I won't be forgetting in a hurry. Highly recommended if you're visiting Hyderabad. This is a wonderful way to get to know a city!

Date of experience: May 2018

Thank you for the review - I'm glad you enjoyed the experience! Looking forward to taking you around the next time you're visiting Hyderabad as well!