“Pleasant”

Ranked #56 of 313 Hotels in Hyderabad
Navi Mumbai, India
“Pleasant”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 5 days with my family,the quality of service i received was never expected from a budget hotel,i had very good internet connectivity in my room which helped me stay connected,my entire tour of the city was planned by the staff and every single thing was taken care,even a small thing like tissues in the car.

We were highly impressed,i recommend this hotel to all travelers who are on a budget because its closely located to the railway stations,good eating joints around,quite in the night,located in the middle of a shopping market.

Overall a memorable experience.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west wing have high breeze but the air conditioned rooms are on the east wing.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Kiran S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2012

For value its not the best place. Only stayed a night though. The washroom was fine but you can hear other people in their washrooms as well. Asides that its fine.

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank canadianhockey91

Travellers are raving about these Hyderabad hotels

Bochum, Germany
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I booked a room for 6 nights, I had some work to do in Bangalore. Did the booking online a week before arrival from Delhi (I had call the hotel but they said they can only make online reservation), and it was not possible to de-select the pick-up option from the train station. Although the booking mentioned "complimentary pick-up from Hyderabad Central," I was charged Rs. 500/- for pick up from the station. Since I am a woman travelling alone, I decided that it would be ok and went on with the booking, stating the train where I was coming, the time of arrival and my telephone number.

Still in the train, an hour before arrival, I called the hotel just to confirm the pick up (in India they tend to forget), and I was really surprised when the person at the reception told me that there was no pick up arranged and that the hotel cannot organize an "emergency" pick up! I was really upset and angry at this, since I had given all the details a week before! I got to the hotel by auto riksha, which costed me only Rs. 50/- (10 times less than the pick-up!)

I finally got to the hotel and complained, but the staff was not helpful at all. I asked to talk to the manager, as I wanted my Rs. 500/- back (not a big deal, but I don't like paying for a service I don't actually get). On the next day, the receptionist told me that the manager will organize a drop to the station, and no refunding was given. I was not happy with this, now knowing that the price was exorbitant, and I requested talking to him, but he was never there. Finally when I got to talke to him he told me that the cannot refund the money. I explained that I will not accept that, and that any decent manager would have at least apologize for the incident and even offer a drop for free, he got loud, I got lout, and at the end he agreed to transfer the money back. I gave him all my IBAN details but until now, nothing has come. This is theft.

About the room: Not very clean, walls would need some painting, bedsheets with holes. The cupboard would not open. The toilet was full of ants, and I could hear eerything from the neighboring toilet. I was first put in a room where the wi-fi signal was not reaching. I asked to change the room, it happen on the next morning. The internet worked then (with constant interruptions, though), but the room and its toilet was not cleaner. On top, the lift made some musical noises and it did not stop during the all night. I had bad nights at this noisy place, I could hear the TV of my room neighbors, slamming doors, and people walking along the corridor.

For this price, I have had far better stays in India. I do not recommend this hotel to people who seek a pleasant stay and a good sleep.

The hotel boys were nice, though. The hotel has no restaurant, but I went to the Taj Hotel for brakfast and dinner, it is very close, is cheap and serves fairly good Indian food with an excellent, quick service.

Conclusion: For the price you can expect much better, stay away from this hotel if you want a place without hassle of any sort.

Room Tip: Don't take rooms at the end of the corridor if you want to use wi-fi.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank Kira S
, Owner at Hotel Geetanjali, responded to this review, 23 June 2012
We are very disappointed your experience was not satisfactory. I have taken note of all your feedback and we will ensure our staff is retrained on how to work with guest complaints on site in the future.

I would also like to take a moment to respond to each of your complaints..

- elevator noise... Please note there is no hotel in the world where there are certain rooms where elevator is not an issue. Nonetheless, we will improve this to the best extent possible. Our staff is always receptive to change in rooms if one is requested either onsite or at the time of booking.
- Wifi - We try our best to ensure WiFi connectivity is available across all rooms, but the nature of the technology and its set up is complex and hence we try our best to accomodate any guest reuqest if guest have issues with WiFi connectivity. It is provided as a complimentary service to all guests. Most hotels in our category do not provide WiFi at all.

We are taking steps to ensure quite time is maintained in the hotel after 11 pm so that all guests have a comfortable experience.

Please rest assured we are always more than accomodating on any reasonable request and hence we will be refunding you 20% of all charges.

Thanks,
delhi
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Apart from the location, this hotel has nothing much to offer. On the good side, it has a 24 hours check-in, online booking possible (use cleartrip for massive savings), room windows have mosquito nets and the TV works alright. But the rooms are very shabby and unclean. Bathroom flush leaks in almost every room. The most horrible part is that the ventilation of the bathroom opens in the bathroom of the next room. So it is very much audible what is happening in the adjacent bathroom, not to speak of the sound or smell! the towels provided were full of stains. The hotel does not have any restaurant of it's own and the meals ordered from outside are not upto the mark. But one thing is for sure: the staff members are very nice, cordial and helpful and that helps in mitigating some of the shortcomings of this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank mithuraaj d
hydtopbudgethotel, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Geetanjali, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Dear Sir,
First off, I want to assure you we take all feedback very seriously and appreciate any feedback.

We are taking steps to improve our property daily. regarding meals, there are several options within walking distance of our hotel, from the cheap food to the continental Palace Heights restaurant and McDonalds, everything is within your reach.

Thanks,
Vishal
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I had booked the room for my family visiting Hyd. They have an online portal and i filled in the required details correctly., But alas - the dates were not the one i had entered in the confirmation email.
Guess what!!! The portal doesn't the dates to be rescheduled. But the hotel staff were very polite and they made the corrections offline.

This is situated in a good locality near a big market complex - rooms are not that big - but Ok for money. I had booked a double room for 3 expecting them to give a roll away bed - but what i got was a matress to use on floor and the room wasn't big enough to put that

The phone in the room wasn't working and i was moved to a different room upon request. All the rooms are of same size and structure - good thing was The phone line was working.

there were tourist bus accessible from the hotel for local sight seeing which was a better deal for a 1st timer. I would recommend the hotel - its less for price and OK to stay at.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family