“Needs urgent renovation” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #58 of 306 Hotels in Hyderabad
Pune, India
“Needs urgent renovation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

The property is good, heart of city, in Begumpet. However, if it has to continue in business, urgent renovation is necessary. The paint has started peeling off, the bathroom fittings have worn out, the linen are old, the swimming pool a bit untidy. Only had breakfast in the hotel and it was good. Had booked in online and had got a good rate, but would have been very disappointed, had I required to pay the rack rate, which is exhorbitant for the property's quality.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at The Manohar, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Dear Guest

Greetings from Fortune Select Manohar

I take this opportunity of thanking you for having chosen Fortune Select Manohar as the preferred venue for your stay.

I appreciate the fact that you have taken your precious time to upload your review.

We are in the process of upgrading the product and let me assure you, on your next visit, we will ensure you of an experience beyond your Expectations at Fortune Select Manohar.

Thanking you once again for your Continued Patronage and looking forward to meet you in person.

Warm Regards,
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Arabic first
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

The hotel staff are cordial.. The service is good and promopt... Hotel rooms are not upto a standard of 3-4 star hotel... You can find better options in Hybd for the same budget.... The food quality is decent, you can shose from the various options avl for in-room dinnning....

, General Manager at The Manohar, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Dear Mr.Nitin,

Greetings from Fortune Select Manohar

I really appreciate the precious time you have taken to share your reviews regarding your stay at Fortune select Manohar

Let me assure you that we are already in the process of upgrading the entire facilities of the hotel and assure you of a memorable experience on your next visit to Fortune Select Manohar.

Warm Regards,
Ahmedabad, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2012

I checked in on 15th may at 9.15 , it was smooth. The reception and concierge staff was friendly and helpful .
As i had a very bad experience during my last stay , the GM had promised a free upgrade to their fortune club room, ultimately they upgraded to a suite . The room was very spacious , well furnished, really liked it . But the bathroom was run down, There was water leakage from the edges of the bath tub/ jacuzzi. I tried to switch on the jacuzzi , thought will relax after a day's hard work, but it was not working , when i tried to get up from the jacuzzi , took support of the handle and the handle came out ! The finishing is very poor.
Room service is prompt, housekeeping staff is very efficient. The food is good, or tolerable .
The staff at the restaurant is helpful .
Can consider staying again provided they renovate, but it seems will take a long time .

• 4 of 5 bubbles
ChetanFSM, General Manager at The Manohar, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Dear Mr. Gandhi,

Namaste & Greetings from Fortune Select Manohar, Hyderabad!

At the outset, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel during your visit to Hyderabad & I am pleased to know that your stay was comfortable & you appreciated the ambiance & décor of your room along with the quality of services at the Front Office, House-Keeping, Restaurant & In Room Dining.

I truly appreciate your gratitude for the efficiency of our team at these areas of guest contact.

I would also like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience faced by you with the functioning of the Jacuzzi in your room. We have taken immediate reprieve & made changes to the usage of the Jacuzzi in the guest rooms.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback & we look forward to a continued patronage.

Best Regards,

Rajesh Batla
Bhubaneswar, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

The moment you step in the hotel, the first thing will strike you is the amazing hospitality ...right from the bell boy to the reception till the room service guy.Check in was seamless. The reception was very cordial and helpful. The room was neat. Food was also good but I think prices were bit exorbitant. Room service was excellent and time taken for orders was commendable.
Location is good as it is situated in the heart of the city. All important places, shopping malls etc are nearby.
Overall , a very good property and I can assure you that you wont leave the place unsatisfied....

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Pradeep k U, General Manager at The Manohar, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Fortune Select Manohar ,Hyderabad !

Thank you for spending your valuable time for posting your response on to the Tripadvisor.

I am delighted to note that you appreciated our food ,service and other facilities , I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast spread ,our food & liked services of the hotel, your stay was comfortable with us and you recommend Fortune Select Manohar,Hyderabad !

Thank you for your kind & encouraging words,Your feedback has been shared with all our team members
We look forward to welcoming you back at a Fortune Hotel / Fortune Select Manohar,Hyderabad

Regards ,
Pradeep K. Uniyal
General Manager,
Fortune Select Manohar,
Begumpet Airport Exit Road,
Begumpet,Hyderabad - 500016
New Delhi, Delhi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

I stayed at this Hotel for two days. Frankly was not happy due to many niggling problems. I had stayed at one of their properties in Ludhiana and that was a lovely experience. Unfortunately this place was no where near that standard. Probably the hotel is living on past glory.
It is very well located and is just a few hundred yards from the old Airport and not too far away from the city centre. Check in took longer than usual and so did the check out despite prior intimation.
The standard rooms that we stayed in were small though well furnished. The room did not have a mini fridge though there was a cabinet that was empty. When I asked the reception I was told that standard rooms were not entitled. This was incorrect information and house keeping did get me one later. The fittings in the bathroom were old and needed replacement. The bathtub had cracks and so did the wash basin. The shower was leaking and the so was the control knob. Despite repairing it three times the problem persisted and every time I opened the knob to have a bath, it came off and I had to call house keeping to close the tap.
The reception desk too was slow in its response. The room key would not open the room so I took help from housekeeping to enter. Despite informing them to change the key there was no action from their side till I went to the reception myself the next morning. Even a simple query to check the room no of one of my crew elicited a response" Sir we are busy, will call back in 5 min". The call back never happened. Similarly one of my crew had to change two rooms because of issues of cleanliness/ smelly room.
The quality of food in the restaurant as well as room service was nice though a bit spicy. Room service was prompt and so was the house keeping. House keeping staff make a lot of noise while cleaning the rooms and are a constant source of irritation.
I am not complaining about the staff because they are courteous as such but it appears that they need to be trained properly and the management needs to bring up the rooms to the required standards. After all they are charging enough money from the guests.
Given a choice I would not come back to this place

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
ChetanFSM, General Manager at The Manohar, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear Capt. Sharma

At the outset, I would like to convey my apologies for the invonvenience faced by you while you stayed at our hotel from the 23rd to 25th April, 2012. I have taken up the matter regarding the lapse in services at our hotel and the plumbing deficiency in our stand rooms. We have since then, taken up the rooms that you have stayed in for thorough maintenance and have worked out a schedule to have our Standard Rooms upgraded.

We have also initiated a process of ensuring that all our frontline staff are put through a refresher training and are further sensitized to meet the expected levels of service delivery.

While regretting the inconvenience caused to you and your colleagues, I woule like to assure you that your concerns have our full attention and when you stay with us next, you will notice the difference. I request you to give us another chance to be of service to you, so that we are able to demostrate the levels of service that is expected of us.

Yours Sincerely,