“Pretty Bad”
Review of Tara Residency

Tara Residency
Ranked #52 of 319 Hotels in Hyderabad
Reviewed 3 November 2010

I stayed here as the place which I booked earlier was overbooked and they shifted my reservation to this hotel.
The place looks clean but is somewhere in the interior roads and not so easy to find. The advantage of this is that the place is relatively quiet considering the noisy Hyderabad just a little distance away.
This place does not have a restaurant of its own and I believe they bring it from a nearby place. Most of the stuff is cold and many of my colleagues found insects in the food they got!

The folks there could hardly speak anything other than Telgu (the local language) and it was tough for me to even locate the hotel. They couldn't guide me correctly as well.

Stay away if you can. Nothing really great to talk about.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank indfo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 June 2010

I had a very bad time at this hotel.

I was given Room#504, on top floor. On the roof they had a faulty electrical equipment that was creating a loud buzzing noise and vibrations that could be felt in my room's walls as well as the bed !

So I couldnt sleep for 2 nights in a row - the electrical vibrations were giving me some very bad nightmares and I had headaches both mornings.

The management couldnt put me in another room as all rooms were full.

The management already knew about the problem and said that it will take days to rectify. Knowing that the room had a issue - they still chose to put me in it ! That is unscrupulous !

I would not recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Imrash
Reviewed 10 June 2010

I booked this hotel due to its proximity to the Hyderabad International Convention Center and its low price. I was traveling with a colleague and it was a terrible experience right from the beginning.

Our flight arrived in Hyderabad at around midnight, so we arrived at the hotel around 1:00 am. The front desk told us they could not find either of our reservations. When we showed them the confirmation e-mails, they finally admitted they gave our rooms to other guests because they thought we weren't coming. After much arguing, they finally gave us one room with a king bed to share for one night and promised they would have two rooms ready the following day. They even had the gall to charge us extra for the room, because there were two of us. That was the first (and hopefully the last) time I ever shared a king bed with a colleague.

Incidentally, the evening we arrived we noticed another group of people arguing with the front desk. After chatting with them, we found out these guests were robbed of cash and jewelry while their luggage was being brought to their rooms. They were trying to move to another hotel, but they had prepaid their entire stay and the hotel would not give them any of their money back. The following night, we noticed a wall of cement bags in front of the hotel with a soldier standing behind it. I don't know what they were trying to do, but it definitely did not make me feel any safer.

The hotel itself was acceptable, but definitely not a 3-star hotel as it advertises itself. It's more like a 2-star at best. After speaking with other delegates to the conference, we realized that there were many other hotels in the area that were a little more expensive but hundreds of times better than this one. Avoid this hotel at all costs unless it's all you can afford.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank JuanTwoThree
Reviewed 25 May 2010

I stayed here for around 20 days, the whole stay was awesome!.. The rooms are clean, service was excellent, very near to the Hi-Tech city office, food was good. has all the facilities i can think off (Internet Center, Gym, High speed wireless, etc.,)

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2010

TARA residency was the guest house provided to me by my company. I stayed there for 14 days and really enjoyed the stay. I was not feeling like leaving this cozy place. You must once visit this place If you travel to Hyd,

Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business