We stayed in Megapode Nest for 3 days in June'12.
1. The staff - is very courteous. Just imagine, the person who took our luggage from reception to room, asked us if we can manage to open our bags ouselves (which were sealed during airport security check). He got a scissors to cut open the seals.
2. Location - is THE BEST in port blair. Deluxe rooms and cottages are sea facing. Nicobari cottages are heavenly. Its situated away from market area, is completely peaceful. Early morning you get to see the fishing boats and other ships from right outside your room. In the night you see distant ships' lights and the rotating light atop lighthouse of North Bay Island.
3. Property - We stayed in deluxe rooms. The rooms are spacious, clean and smell nice with some incensed sticks kept in the room. Nicobari cottages are amazing, with shower panels fitted inside washrooms. whole area is clean and nicely kept. Please do not compare it with the Taj's and Fortune's.
4. Food - Food is actually quite decent. We had stomach full of breakfasts and dinners at the buffet. Food is not too much spicy, not oily at all and not stale for sure. People may feel disheartened as they would not get the "outside" or "hotel-kinda" food here. But for us (2 people in 30s and 2 in 50s), the food worked just fine. We enjoyed the food, and enjoyed the trip without having any gastric issues :)
The above description holds true for the buffet Dinner/Brkfast. Items on their menu are avoidable. We ordered one of the chinese starter and found it quite ordinary.
5. Bar - They have a small Bar also. They serve drinks in rooms. Liqour seemed to be cheaper as compared to Delhi.
Overall, it was a memorable experience to stay at Megapode. Would recommend to everyone planning to visit Andaman.
- Also Known As:
- Megapode Nest Hotel
- Megapode Nest Port Blair
- Hotel Megapode Nest Port Blair, Andaman And Nicobar Islands