1,747 results
All reviewsinfinity poolgarden suitebora borafrench polynesiaswim up barblue bananagreat poolsmall kitchenshort staystandard roomseparate toilethotel restaurantlagoon viewfull kitchenother islandscrepesour honeymoon
Reviewed 22 August 2017

We had 3 nights here on the way to our cruise and 1 night on the way home and thoroughly enjoyed it. The room was comfortable and spacious, and we had a view over the pool both times. The WiFi was free and fast, the air conditioning good, the beds and sheeting etc very comfortable, towels nice, kitchen facilities adequate, with a door to a balcony. The infinity pool was nice, the aqua aerobics classes were somewhat disrupted the tranquility and I suspect this is an external crowd renting the pool?? the breakfast was included and ample and the staff friendly. A couple of things (reported already in my feedback forms)- the teapots in the restaurant were all chipped, the electric jug in the first room broken and the wood floor of the second stay room was dirty. I cleaned it myself with a hand towel which left the towel black. I did this myself as cannot be bothered with the fuss sometimes but since returning and seeing the prices NZ 500-600 for our room- I should have called housekeeping to do it. The price of these hotels are crazy but they all seem the same- very highly priced. There is the local food trucks you can walk to for better priced food but the quality is not that great. The position of this hotel is handy to the airport, a bank within walking distance and a small supermarket about half hour walk. The shuttle to downtown should be included in the room tariff as this is another expensive add on. Overall the stay was very relaxing and pleasant and I would stay here again if given the choice.

Room Tip: I liked the bottom floor better as no walking up and down stairs and bigger patio.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AucklandWiz
Anne B, Responsable relations clients at Manava Suite Resort Tahiti, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Ia Orana from Le Manava Suite Resort ,
Thank you for providing us with your review, We are happy to hear that most aspect of your stay was nice and I will pass into concerning departement, cleanest of the room, teapots, and electric jug, our apologies for those inconveniences and hope your stay in French Polynesia was good. Sunny regards

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

R.Williams,Brisbane, Australia. We were somewhat disappointed with this hotel.On our way to Moorea we had a garden suite room.Lucky we only stayed one day en route.We got in very late and left very early.Our room had a dark bathroom making it hard to apply makeup. Beds were comfortable. We slept ok but only had afew hours sleep as had to vacate to go to airport. On return from Moorea we had anoisy hotel standard at front of hotel near the busy raod.People were talking and partying till all hours just under our room.A rooster was crowing from 2am.I didn't sleep much at all . There's no proper fridge only a cool safe. I ordered a hamburger from room service and it was raw.It was inedible.Waste of money.Daughter had only a small fruit salad as she was ill from trip on ferry fron Moorea.Pool was too cold to swim.Would only stay there again if we had a beachfront or garden suite with a kitchen and cold fridge.Also smokers spoilt the pool area for me as I have asthma.Smoking fires all over Tahiti and Moorea ruined my holiday.Left bushfires behind in Australia so didn't enjoy seeing fires in Tahiti.Everything is so expensive as they import everything and charge you taxes and fees. Would have bought more souvenirs but no more money.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Rosemarie W

Ia Orana from Le Manava Suite Resort , thank you for providing us with your review.
It's a shame that you reserved a room that is normaly set for few hours stay....you should reserve an ocean or a garden room, this would have changed your entire stay. Unfortunatelly laws conerning smokers isn't hight as in Australia or US, and I completely agree whit you. Your comment concerning the room service has been transfered to food and beverages department.We are deeply sorry that your stay didn’t meet your expectations and hope rest of your stay in Frecnh Polynesia was good.
Sincerely

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Stayed here for 2 nights at the end of July.

As of writing this, if you need to transport yourself to this hotel from the airport, the cab drivers should charge 1900xpf plus any baggage you may have. When we arrived, we had no transfers from the airport so had to use this method. The driver charged us 3500xpf. I have no idea if it was due to the time and day we arrived as to the high charge but BE WARNED. It is literally 10 minutes of travel time only.

The hotel itself was very nice and comfortable.
The location itself is perched on the shores of Tahiti which overlooks the island of Moorea. They have a pool with its own bar, chairs to sunbath and a small marina where you can venture out to the shore and find a quiet spot away from all the other tourists if you need peace.
Breakfast is fairly comprehensive but be warned, this is the world of French Polynesia and it isn't cheap. We both opted for the buffet breakfast including hot food which costs 3500xpf. The cheaper buffet without hot food is 2500xpf.
If you want an evening meal away from the hotel which I strongly recommend, exit the hotel, turn left and about 200 metres away on the other side of the road is a Thai food place together with another restaurant. It's much better value here and the food is very nice.
The hotel room has a safe and is fairly well equipped. There are a few different grades of room on offer. The rooms located within the main entrance on the first floor appear to be the basic level which suited us fine. These rooms are more than good enough in my opinion. if you want more space, the rooms in the block closer to the sea have balconies.
There is a nice walk from hotel reception to the seafront which takes you through a hallway covered with vegetation. Local Polynesian women sit making their merchandise all day long for tourists to admire or buy.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Moodyblue64

Ia Orana from Le Manava Suite Resort , thank you for providing us with your kind review, We are happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and we hope to welcome you back again soon, have a lovely day. Sincerely.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

We spent our last 2 days of the French Polynesia tour in Tahiti at the Manava Suite Resort.
High quality of food, kindness of every person of the staff and comfortable standard rooms.
The pool is impressive, very nice sunset and amazing cocktails.
A special thanks to Moana, the guy who welcomes you at the restaurant!!! He also speaks Italian:)

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ValerioS89

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Great spot and well set up with kitchenette lovely pool and a sense of relaxation papeete just a stop off point but certainly a great spot to stay . Great weather food not cheap in general but good pop up restaurants close by big servings so 1 meal may suit 2 people

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Ia Orana from Le Manava Tahiti Resort, I would like to thank you for your comment. We are happy to see that most aspects of your stay met your expectations and we hope that you have brought home some pleasant memories of French Polynesia. Sunny regards.