1,745 results
All reviewsinfinity poolgarden suitebora borafrench polynesiaswim up barblue bananasmall kitchenshort staystandard roomseparate toiletgreat poolhotel restaurantlagoon viewother islandsfull kitchencrepesour honeymoon
Reviewed 30 October 2009

We stayed at the Manava as a stop over to Moorea. We were pleasantly surprised upon our arrival at 1:30am. We had a Lagoon suite which had a lovely large bed, kitchen facilities which we didn't really use and a view out to the lagoon and the pool. Although it was only opened in march this year there were already a few things broken in our room but nothing to complain about for a 2 night stay. We looked for ages for the fan switch and even asked the bag guys where it was and they didn't know either. We finally found it on the wall between the bed and the balcony. It looks like a light switch. There are no controls so you just get the option of fast.

The staff were very friendly and helpful all the time.

The pool was fantastic. Great temperature large enough that you can float around and not disturb others with the highlight being the swim up bar for us. We also enjoyed a spectacular sunset down on the small island just beyond the pool. The restaurant was fine dining and over priced for the meals. Most things are over priced in Tahiti but it seemed to be over the top.

There is a supermarket just down the road to the left so we grabbed a few things for snacks and for breakfast and of course some beers.

On our way back to the hotel form our stay at Moorea our tranfer guy told us about some caravans that set up right near the hotel where you can grab a cheap bite to eat. Turn left out of the hotel and head just a little past the supermarket and they are on the corner of the road the hotel is on and the highway. They set up after 6pm and are well worth it. Not only are the meals MUCH cheaper than the hotel they were much nicer as well. I just wish we had known of this on our first night.

On our way home we stayed at the Manava for about 6 hours before we could go to the airport to fly home. Because we were only staying for a few hours we just had a standard room. I do not recommend these rooms. They are directly above the reception area and the bar and are directly towards the road. We tried to get some sleep but the noise was so much that we just couldn't get any rest. If you are staying for any length of time I highly recommend the lagoon suite rooms.

Overall it was a nice way to start our honeymoon but I'm glad we also moved on the beautiful Pearl Resort on Moorea.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank the_howies
Reviewed 24 October 2009

My wife & I flew from Los Angeles and had an overnight stay in Papeete before flying to Moorea. We stayed at the Manava Suite Resort, which is a fairly new hotel (opened in 2008?). Since we were staying there just overnight, we got a standard room, which was pretty nice. The room had a contemporary feel/look, while adding Polynesian touches throughout. As a suite, it also had a kitchen, which we didn't get to use. One nice amenity of the hotel is a large infinity pool, which has views of Moorea. The early morning provided some nice pictures of the pool and Moorea.

The hotel is a short cab ride from the airport, 10-15 minutes, depending on traffic. The front desk staff was friendly, and this hotel could be a good option for someone who is staying in Papeete for a few days, especially given the kitchen facilities.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2009

Took a week-long vacation to Tahiti with my dad, a first-time visit for both of us.
Stayed at the Manava Suites Resort, and loved it! it was clean, the amenities were quite nice, and the staff was both friendly and helpful.
There is a reason I couldn't give 5-stars for the room and cleanliness. The wing of the hotel we were staying in (the rooms, rather than suites) was still being completed. Our room lacked bedside lights (there were fixtures, but no bulbs yet), and the electrical fuses blew a couple of times.
On the plus side, there was free wifi available, and ethernet connection in the room. The shower was a dream -- open, with a big rain showerhead. Wished I could take it home!
If you contact the companies running excursions directly, you can sometimes get a cheaper rate than the concierge service. But concierge does make things easy!
The breakfast buffet in the mornings was outstanding! And the aqua-aerobics class in the pool daily, was fun and a great workout (to work off all of that breakfast!).

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2009

The Manava was good as advertised. Rooms were very clean and nice. Staff was attentive and the pools was excellent. Didn't really try out the restaurants since we just walked down towards the harbor where the food trucks were and they were delicious. Great value and great food. At that time, the hotel was still in construction...the spa and fitness centers weren't open yet. Other than that, hotel was a bit far from where the main things are like supermarkets and the downtown area. But for the price, it was definitely a great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2009

I could not give the Resort higher praise. Having never been to Tahiti before my first impressions after the airport were just what I expected from a tropical resort. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, my high school french leaves a lot to be desired and my Tahitian was non existant, but there was always someone who spoke english available to assist. We had a lagoon suite, which was quite spacious and immaculate., spreading out to a private verandah area with views of the pool, ocean and Moorea. Pool is open 24 hours a day and we used it consistantly. Again everyone guests and staff were friendly and happy to have a conversation. We found the food at the hotel restaurant a little pricey but we where quite happy to use the local grocery store and make our own light meals on occasions. We used a gentleman,Carl, to give us a guided tour around Tahiti and it was quite informative, alot of fun and very reasonably priced as we travelled with 4 other companions and he was able to accommodate us all in the same vehicle. We ate at the food vans and had a simply wonderful meal at the Blue Banana, which is just a short walk from the resort. Again they are only just starting to gear up for english speaking tourists but were quite happy to spend time translating every item on the menu so that we could choose wisely. Their takeaway pizza is also very good. We stayed for 5 days as this was a stepping stone to our cruise on The Paul Gauguin - and may I say I was extremely relaxed after my stay. I would definitely recommend this resort and would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple