We just returned from two weeks in Tahiti and our travel agent recommended the Manava to us. We nearly didn't stay here as there were no 2 bedroom suites available and my husband & I weren't that keen on spending all that money for us to sleep on a sofa bed in a 1 bedroom suite. However, we did stay here for 2 nights at the beginning of our trip and 1 night before we flew home and are extremely glad we did. The sofa bed was as good as a real bed with a lovely thick mattress. Suites were beautiful and spacious - well worth the money we thought. Our first impressions of this resort were also our last - what a fantastic complex!
The restaurant had closed by the time we got there so the barman recommended walking down the street to the 'roulettes' - vans which cook meals and you sit around to eat or takeaway. These were great and alot cheaper than the hotel so we used these often.
We had breakfast included in our package and it was quite sufficient. We only sat in the bar once, I would say it was ok but not really a family bar.
The pool is just awesome with great views of Moorea. You could just sit there all day and look at the view.
We got the public transport into Papeete (200 francs each) so it was cheap and a fine way to get into town.
We decided not to get transfers to/from airport in our package. There were plenty of taxis available and for around 2500 to 3000 francs you can get to the Manava from the airport. Plus you don't have the hassle at stopping at each resort for dropoffs/pickups along the way.
Staff were very friendly and helpful. Overall the whole resort was great.
Would definitely stay here again, but only for the time that we did. I think you would probably run out of things to do if you had a longer stay here. Go to Moorea, it is beautiful!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Manava Suite Resort Tahiti promises to be the premier Papeete resort for business and leisure travelers alike, offering 121 guest rooms ranging from rooms to multi-bedroom duplex suites and Manava Suites. Consistent with the South Pacific Management portfolio and decorated by Tahitian architect/designer Bruno Hervochon, all guestrooms will reflect authentic Polynesian decor, while still offering contemporary amenities and the comfort of home. With state-of-the-art technology and in-suite kitchen quarters, each room offer a luxurious, well-appointed home base for travelers of all kinds, from business travelers staying for a week, to leisure travelers en route to the outer islands. The resort encompasses five separate buildings, with the first housing the reception area, restaurant, meeting rooms and 12 guest rooms, and the additional four housing 109 suites on 3 floors. In addition, the resort features two bars, a restaurant, a fitness centre, a spa & beauty centre and the island’s largest infinity swimming pool facing the lagoon and nearby island of Moorea. The Manava Suite Resort Tahiti is located in the island’s northwestern region, in the community of Punaauia, conveniently located five minutes from Faa’a International Airport and ten minutes from the city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Manava Suite Resort Tahiti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manava Suite Resort Tahiti Hotel Punaauia
- Manava Suite Hotel Tahiti
- Manava Suite Resort Tahiti Punaauia