We arrived (Sunday 7th) about 5pm and headed to the pool and bar for a drink and relax after our flight. There was a group of young people being loud and playing loud music at the swim up bar. It completely spoilt the atmosphere. Hardly the "superior level of luxury" as advertised.
I had to wonder what is the point of having "the largest infinity pool on the island" and then allowing a few drunken and selfish guests to spoil it for others.
Turned me right off the hotel for permitting this to happen.
We went back to our room and when we realised some of these people were in the room next door we went and asked to change rooms and explained why. We had to pay about 5000 francs for the "up sell".... But at least we had a quiet room.
The duck and ravioli meal at the restaurant was great; the fish platter very average.
Thankfully we only had one night here on route to Moorea. We definitely won't stay here again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Manava Suite Resort Tahiti promises to be the premier Papeete resort for business and leisure travelers alike, offering 121 guest rooms ranging from rooms to multi-bedroom duplex suites and Manava Suites. Consistent with the South Pacific Management portfolio and decorated by Tahitian architect/designer Bruno Hervochon, all guestrooms will reflect authentic Polynesian decor, while still offering contemporary amenities and the comfort of home. With state-of-the-art technology and in-suite kitchen quarters, each room offer a luxurious, well-appointed home base for travelers of all kinds, from business travelers staying for a week, to leisure travelers en route to the outer islands. The resort encompasses five separate buildings, with the first housing the reception area, restaurant, meeting rooms and 12 guest rooms, and the additional four housing 109 suites on 3 floors. In addition, the resort features two bars, a restaurant, a fitness centre, a spa & beauty centre and the island’s largest infinity swimming pool facing the lagoon and nearby island of Moorea. The Manava Suite Resort Tahiti is located in the island’s northwestern region, in the community of Punaauia, conveniently located five minutes from Faa’a International Airport and ten minutes from the city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Manava Suite Resort Tahiti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manava Suite Resort Tahiti Hotel Punaauia
- Manava Suite Hotel Tahiti
- Manava Suite Resort Tahiti Punaauia