We stayed here for 1 night after spending 6 nights at Hilton Bora Bora Nui. The standard of accommodation is not as good as staying in a 5 star resort in Bora Bora but as far as Tahiti resorts go this would probably be one of the better ones.
We chose this resort because it was close to the airport and modern. We caught a taxi to the airport which took about 10 minutes and a $20 US taxifare. On our way back it was slightly higher as we booked through the resort.
There is pretty much no where else to eat within walking distance of the resort and since we had a baby it was easier to eat in the restaurant or have room service. The food is quite expensive but we found the food was ok. The servings are quite large so we just ordered 1 dish and shared as they alway provide breads so it was sufficient for the two of us.
I booked a lagoon studio but was upgraded on check in to what appeared to be a lagoon suite (room 5001) on the ground floor facing the pool. The view was disappointing given that there were shrubs and trees in the way that pretty much blocked the view of the lagoon and pool.
The room however was quite spacious with a separate lounge, kitchen and bedroom which was great for those who have children. However if you do book a lagoon view room be sure to ask for the level above the ground floor to ensure a nice view.
The staff at reception were quite friendly. We rented DVDs from the gift shop ($6 each) as we didn't leave the resort for 1.5 days and there isn't anything to do but swim in the pool. The infinity pool was large but we found there weren't many sun lounges around so be sure to secure your sun lounge early. We requested a late check out until 3pm as our flight was in the evening which cost about $50 which we were happy to pay considering that it would probably cost us more to go town and pass the time.
The room is modern but still with a tahitian feel and well equiped. However, I don't think the rooms have been maintained well as the furniture and walls were stained/marked.
If you've just spent a week in 5 star luxury in Bora Bora you can't expect the same quality at the Tahitian hotels. We've heard the Radisson was quite good too but much further away.
Overall it was a comfortable stay but next time I would try to skip the stay in Papeete.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Manava Suite Resort Tahiti promises to be the premier Papeete resort for business and leisure travelers alike, offering 121 guest rooms ranging from rooms to multi-bedroom duplex suites and Manava Suites. Consistent with the South Pacific Management portfolio and decorated by Tahitian architect/designer Bruno Hervochon, all guestrooms will reflect authentic Polynesian decor, while still offering contemporary amenities and the comfort of home. With state-of-the-art technology and in-suite kitchen quarters, each room offer a luxurious, well-appointed home base for travelers of all kinds, from business travelers staying for a week, to leisure travelers en route to the outer islands. The resort encompasses five separate buildings, with the first housing the reception area, restaurant, meeting rooms and 12 guest rooms, and the additional four housing 109 suites on 3 floors. In addition, the resort features two bars, a restaurant, a fitness centre, a spa & beauty centre and the island’s largest infinity swimming pool facing the lagoon and nearby island of Moorea. The Manava Suite Resort Tahiti is located in the island’s northwestern region, in the community of Punaauia, conveniently located five minutes from Faa’a International Airport and ten minutes from the city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Manava Suite Resort Tahiti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manava Suite Resort Tahiti Hotel Punaauia
- Manava Suite Hotel Tahiti
- Manava Suite Resort Tahiti Punaauia